YoloinOhio

Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

I honestly believe we are done with FA until after the draft. We've traded for our #1 WR in Diggs, re-signed Spain, extended Poyer, brought in Klein(LB), Butler(DT), Addison(DE), Jefferson(DE/DT), Matakevich(LB), Jones(RB), and Norman(CB). There aren't really any glaring holes left on this team. I think they see how the draft falls for them and make a couple more moves after that. 

I think you are right.  Depth type signings maybe but you would think Beane would like these guys to come in for a workout.

Travel restrictions are impeding this.

On to the Draft!

4 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Makes a ton of sense and good depth. EJ we just can’t quit you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Well with the EJ Gaines signing that just removed CB as a "need" in the draft.

Is it maybe time for Beane to look for Josh Allen's long term backup in the draft?

Would a 4th round pick get us that?  What say the college fans, if so who could that guy be.

Did Gaines play at all last year? 

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

no

Cheers CB.

Maybe a year away from the game would have done his body and head a world of good. Here's hoping anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Is it maybe time for Beane to look for Josh Allen's long term backup in the draft?

Would a 4th round pick get us that?  What say the college fans, if so who could that guy be.

I don't believe signing EJ makes us any more set at CB than we were before, but we're set up nicely for BPA.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Skeptical 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

I don't believe signing EJ makes us any more set at CB than we were before, but we're set up nicely for BPA.

Personally I think EJ does help a lot going into camp.

But that aside, I agree with the BPA statement, it could be a QB at 4 or 5 and I wanted to know who could be a fit for backup.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Disagree.  After sitting out an entire year, Gains is probably making just over the vet minimum ($950,000 in his case) and is 50/50 to make it out of camp, IMO.    

They need a young CB just as much today as they did yesterday...

Edited by Lurker

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Disagree.  Gains is probably making just over the vet minimum and is 50/50 to make it out of camp, IMO.     

They need a young CB just as much today as they did yesterday...

Sure, every team is always looking for CBs but I don't think we'll see one taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

That will be used for a greater need IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Sure, every team is always looking for CBs but I don't think we'll see one taken in the 2nd or 3rd.

That will be used for a greater need IMO.

If the player warrants it, I don't think Beane would pass on a 2nd or 3rd round CB.   

It's still a big need, even with the two vets he signed--both of whom likely won't be here next year.   McD likes young players (i.e., Darryl Johnson, Jaquan Johnson) to sit and learn behind vets for a year and I can see that happening again...

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If the player warrants it, I don't think Beane would pass on a 2nd or 3rd round CB.   

It's still a big need, even with the two vets he signed--both of whom likely won't be here next year.   McD likes young players (i.e., Darryl Johnson, Jaquan Johnson) to sit and learn behind vets for a year and I can see that happening again...

Well hopefully we find out next month one way or the other.

5 hours ago, H2o said:

I honestly believe we are done with FA until after the draft. We've traded for our #1 WR in Diggs, re-signed Spain, extended Poyer, brought in Klein(LB), Butler(DT), Addison(DE), Jefferson(DE/DT), Matakevich(LB), Jones(RB), and Norman(CB). There aren't really any glaring holes left on this team. I think they see how the draft falls for them and make a couple more moves after that. 

Well then..... Open mouth, insert foot :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think you are right.  Depth type signings maybe but you would think Beane would like these guys to come in for a workout.

Travel restrictions are impeding this.

On to the Draft!

why do so many people want us to be done signing players?

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I still believe the big ticket signings are over.

Like I said depth signings like today will still happen.

They got to get to 90 players for camp.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Chemical said:

it's not possible...they bring 90 to camp and we are well short so there will be more. The draft and players who didn't get drafted will make up bulk of remaining signings

Edited by nucci

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is significant. A lot of hype for Baltimore's vaunted D-line additions in the past couple weeks and now they've essentially lost Pierce and only gained Campbell which I would view as a wash. 

They should still have a great defense and are probably the AFC favorites along with the Chiefs, but something to watch. They have a lot of draft capital, but I think their roster has gotten worse as a result of free agency. 

1 hour ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

This is significant. A lot of hype for Baltimore's vaunted D-line additions in the past couple weeks and now they've essentially lost Pierce and only gained Campbell which I would view as a wash. 

They should still have a great defense and are probably the AFC favorites along with the Chiefs, but something to watch. They have a lot of draft capital, but I think their roster has gotten worse as a result of free agency. 

They also traded some of their good yoing depth by sending Chris Wormley to the Steelers. They also lost Patrick Owunasor and Josh Bynes at the linebacker spot. While they did aquire Calais Campbell, I don’t think they are better on defense. And offensively, Marshal Yanda retired and they traded Hayden Hurst and are sitting with like 14 million in cap. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Jags fans be like

We suck again GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

The richest contract in league history just got doled out to a RB of all things. That's A LOT of millions. :rolleyes::lol:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/8050/tyler-ervin

Packers re-signed RB Tyler Ervin to a one-year, $1,047 million contract.

Ervin didn't boost Green Bay's offense as much as he did their special teams upon joining the Packers off waivers from Jacksonville, averaging 9.3 yards per punt return across six appearances (including two postseason contests) from Week 13 on. His best-case scenario on offense out of camp is sticking as the team's fourth-string option behind Aaron Jones (quietly entering the final year of his contract), Jamaal Williams, and Dexter Williams.

• Haha (+1) 6

Brockers is signing with the rams 

51 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

jaguars-fan-confused-wtf.gif

• Haha (+1) 2