Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

YoloinOhio
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

40 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If the Bills trade for Slay or Ngaekou at thos point they will be doing the exact opposite of what they say they build on. Draft, Develop, keep and build a team not just a collection of talent.

I can't see Ngakoue as he wants entirely too much $$$. Slay on the other hand you could probably get for $6,000,000-$8,000,000 less per season on a 3 year deal and have the best Secondary in the NFL by a wide margin. We would have a legitimate 2-3 year window with the way Beane has managed the cap and drafted. I'm not saying we need this to happen, but if it does I'm good with it. 

4 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

Beane is a bat

That’s it! Brandon’s new name. ‘I’m Batman’

3 hours ago, Heitz said:

'Bout 10 PM we'll throw up the Bean Bat Signal and the Bills spending begins...

1728982702_ScreenShot2020-03-18at7_25_13PM.thumb.png.aac9150fb0d6cbe3467e0ee2266b99da.png

He’s currently in disguise as Brandon Wayne, Millionaire

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

“Big need” is a bit excessive IMO 

it could be upgraded but our DB’s and the depth is just fine if this is what they go forward with. 

I guess if you’re that confident with Norman, maybe so. But besides him they have Wallace and T. Johnson. They could use an upgrade at corner still. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

agreed. He’s pretty much a replacement for Foster. But I suspect they would battle it out in training camp. 

not sure where beloved duke Williams fits though. 

Likely on the practice squad till someone gets hurt. 

13 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

If the Bills trade for Slay or Ngaekou at thos point they will be doing the exact opposite of what they say they build on. Draft, Develop, keep and build a team not just a collection of talent.

That's not true.  Their core are draft picks: White, Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Dawkins, Milano, Ford, Singletary, Knox are all draftees. There are other draftees and UDFA who contribute: Wallace, Neal, Foster, Johnson among them.  Every team will have a lot of Free Agents.  The league is designed for turnover.  When teams are close they go for big fish.  The Bills are close.  And you notice most deals are two years or can be shredded after two years.  Matches up with end of Allen's 5th year.

Edited by purple haze
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

RUMOR ALERT! as of 10:29pm last night.

62465C9C-6901-4BF8-A68D-4B8D3F603AA2.jpeg

My opinion of this player is that he is overrated and thrives mostly on volume.   Eckeler was usually the short man in the time share 75/25, from my understanding (FFB) and MG's yard per carry is nothing special.

Devin will likely be the lead back going forward.  I am not sure if the Bills need a scat back home run hitter or a short yardage power back, but I do not believe that the Bills should pay a high priced guy who is not actually that special.   MG is not a prime of career Shady, by a long shot.  

Edited by CNYfan
spelling and punctuation

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Slay to the Eagles.

Good move for Philly who had a need at CB.

22 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

RUMOR ALERT! as of 10:29pm last night.

62465C9C-6901-4BF8-A68D-4B8D3F603AA2.jpeg

As long as we don't overpay I'm good with Gordon. He is a quality RB who can also catch the ball out of the backfield. 

• Like (+1) 1

The thing about Gordon IMO is that it would cost true spending cash in a Draft where there are legit Day 1 starters (not that the Bills need a workhorse back) in the first 2-3 Rounds. If the Bills really think a dynamic back and a CB are a need, then using the remaining Cap spending on a CB makes more sense given the depth at RB in the Draft. This would be one of those few decisions I don't agree with Beane and his team on, but as I've said before - this is the first time in over 20 years I can say I fully trust the Front Office to do their job well. 

If McBeane et. al. think this is a good way to spend the money, I'm all in. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought this could be added in this thread, here's Spotrac's continuing list of Free Agents and their signings and contracts:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

Edit: there are some terrific players still left in FA, one that intrigues me would be Eric Ebron, only 26 (or 27 depending on where you look) and has shown better productivity than I gave him credit for after looking at his last few years. Yes, it was much improved when in Indy with Luck, but tell me a receiver that doesn't get better with a good to great QB. 

Edited by BigBuff423
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GG said:

None of the recent FAs have signed longer than 3 year deals.  Most are on 2 year deals.  Beane has excelled in adding help on 1yr prove it contracts and then move on 

Star and Morse are really the anomalies. 

Beane is saving cap space because he knows Allen and Edmunds contracts will need to be re-upped in 2 years.  Plus he'll have Tre's new contract on the books and likely Dawkin's and/or Milano's.  JMO