Super Bowl Postgame Thread: Chiefs Win! Reid gets his Ring

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Is Andy Reid a Hall of Famer now?

I don't think so, personally.  Many will disagree.  What has Reid done that is noteworthy?  How has he left a mark or re/defined coaching?  I can't think of anything.

Just now, dma0034 said:

Honestly the Chiefs window is 15 years but it will close rapidly after 3 years. They will not be able to afford Kelce, Hill and Mahomes after his rookie contract. 

That said: Houston, Tennessee and Buffalo are looming imo. 

When you have the best QB in football, your window is always open. It’s teams like the 49ers that lose talent fast and don’t have the QB talent to compensate.

13 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

as much as the Bills organization and their fans want to try to ignore the Mahomes pick trade it will haunt this franchise for the next 2 decades or until we find an equally better QB 

And people like you will be there to remind us every single damn day.

Have a nice life.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

When you have the best QB in football, your window is always open. It’s teams like the 49ers that lose talent fast and don’t have the QB talent to compensate.

Bingo. 

it’s why we should push the chips in regardless of what you think of josh. Try to get the trophy and if nothing else give him every advantage to get over the hump and then sort it out later, because if he is the guy it’s easy to sort out and if he’s not you are at least rebuilding after a fun ride.

Edited by NoSaint

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Dude he is right,  24 and already two MVP'S ,  sorry but Sean blew it trading for White

That’s not all he said.  He dismissed Lamar Jackson, the current MVP, and Watson.

I don’t want to take away from Mahomes, he’s a great player, but we don’t need to stomp on other fine young QB to lift him up.

• Like (+1) 1

KC can’t win it every year.  Thankfully they’re not in our division.  And a big takeaway for me from that game is that you need a QB that can make plays outside the pocket to win the big one.  NFL pass rushes are too good now.  How would you feel right now if Garoppolo was our QB at $30m per year?  

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I think Mahomes got hurt on early hit in 1st quarter

yep---its amazing he still mustered a way to win with throwing the ball kinda sidearm...like he had a stinger in his elbow.

more i think of it more SF blew this game.

And I bet Lynch is pissed at Shanahan...remember before the half him(lynch) signalling time out?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That’s not all he said.  He dismissed Lamar Jackson, the current MVP, and Watson.

I don’t want to take away from Mahomes, he’s a great player, but we don’t need to stomp on other fine young QB to lift him up.

Only one of those QB’s has played in a conference championship, Super Bowl, or been a Super Bowl MVP. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

Bingo. 

it’s why we should push the chips in regardless of what you think of josh. Try to get the trophy and if nothing else give him every advantage to get over the hump and then sort it out later, because if he is the guy it’s easy to sort out and if he’s not you are at least rebuilding after a fun ride.

Yep. No teams builds for 5 years. Best you can hope for is a really good core for 3 years, and then a franchise QB you can retool around for the next 10.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What’s your point?  Giving credit for what Mahomes has done is one thing.  Predicting the next 15 years is something else

My point is as great Watson is, and as good of a season LJ had, Mahomes is head and shoulders (lol) over the rest of the young QB’s in the NFL. 

Edited by BringBackOrton