Super Bowl Postgame Thread: Chiefs Win! Reid gets his Ring

2 minutes ago, QCity said:

Looks like KC's Superbowl window is about 15 years.

yup. And unlike many of these teams with young QBs, mahomes looks to have the head and arm.

probably forgetting someone but last team to age into this tier is probably Seattle? KC won’t be there every year ala NE but think they will consistently be in the conversation for 2 decades

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I'm glad Reid got his ring. Tired of hearing the 'He's a good coach, buuuuut....'

I'm already tired of the next year of the ballwashing of Mahomes though

This is only the start.  Mahomes is the new Brady

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I'm glad Reid got his ring. Tired of hearing the 'He's a good coach, buuuuut....'

I'm already tired of the next year of the ballwashing of Mahomes though

Mahomes with an MVP and a Super Bowl MVP in his first two seasons as a starter.

He’s gonna get praised because he’s incredible. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

The same fair weathered posters saying Mahomes looked hurt and maybe wasnt very good around the 3rd quarter of thos game are now saying the Bills look like fools and the entire AFC may as well not bother playing games for the next 15 years.

What a loser mentality.  Thank God our coach and quarterback have a bit more of a backbone.  Go Bills.

Mahomes was hurt. He passes were awful for quite a while....He Duckkked that long completion. we can walk and chew gum at the same time.He did what he had to to get the win.

SF choked and KC didnt . Good for KC

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Whaaaaaat. Down 10 in the 4th and plays perfectly against the #1 defense to complete the comeback?

What

Not taking anything away from the kid in general, but no I wasn’t impressed tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

When I saw the 49ers blow it vs Atlanta a few weeks, I thought they seemed overhyped. Jimmy G also seemed a little too good to be true. He is great when not pressured (as he was most of tonight). When the Chiefs D finally started to hit him hard, he started to buckle. In fact he had that "owwww" look on his face like Rob Johnson after a hard hit in the 3rd quarter.

But the key to this game was Mahomes not be fazed by his mistakes. You could just tell he never doubted himself. He's a great player in the clutch. Sammy Watkins was also clutch tonight. I'm happy that Andy Reid got his ring, finally. He is the best coach never to have won one until tonight.

That last is really key.  Mahomes has a bunch of talent he trusts around them, and he knew they would make plays if he kept his cool and did his part.

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

Mahomes was hurt. He passes were awful for quite a while....He Duckkked that long completion. we can walk and chew gum at the same time.He did what he had to to get the win.

SF choked and KC didnt . Good for KC

I think Mahomes got hurt on early hit in 1st quarter