Super Bowl Postgame Thread: Chiefs Win! Reid gets his Ring

7 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Definitely rooting for the niners, didn’t want to see that child abusing sack of ***** Tyreek given anything in this world. Nothing against Mahomes, he’s a stud, just didn’t think he was great tonight.

There's more than one kind of great.

It's the worst game I've seen him play in his career yet he still beat the best defense in the NFL going away and went home with an MVP trophy stuffed in his gym bag.

30 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

This is only the start.  Mahomes is the new Brady

That's what I'm afraid of...and the level of ballwashing where we were one step away from the quote "It was good decision by Brady to throw that pick 6"

1 minute ago, Baba Booey said:

Should have went to Williams the RB. 

Nah Mahomes ultimately made all the plays to win the game. Sammy would have been my runner up if it were up to me. He seemed to come up with a big play whenever KC needed it. 

14 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

First....THANK YOU to everyone here at TBD for allowing me to be a part of this great fan community.  I really apreciate it.  SECOND.  I can't think of everyone here I've ever had a great convo with, but for you guys....like @Hapless Bills Fan , @transplantbillsfan , @YoloinOhio @HappyDays ...and may others....I won't be insufferable....I want you guys to get one.  You deserve it and it's as great as you'd think to get one of these damn trophys after so much dissappointment....and I know you all can relate to that.  I hope Josh Allen, and the Bills keep trending upward...I'd love to see some KC/Bills playoff games...you konw Jim Kelly got us twice in the 90's!  Third...please let's set the record straight...I am not Jeffismagic.  I came here like a jerk 2 years ago to troll you all....and instead I got won over by a great fan base and have become a fan (even if I remain a bit skeptical of Allen)   ....and lastly....  @Yav I really wish you were still living in KC....any chance you'll make it to the SB parade?

Are the Chiefs boards going nuts or what?  Must be so crazy!  Man, imagine what you are missing over THERE!

25 minutes ago, Success said:

Some good lessons in that one.  

Shanahan sits on the ball at the end of the 1st half, hopes to win a close one.

Reid goes for it on 4th down twice, goes for the win, and gets it.

One coach was clearly better.

Sounds like another coach in the league I know. One who coaches WNY team  

• Like (+1) 1

Takeaways:

Andy Reid -- Good for him, well deserved.  Loved the 4th down calls in the first half.  The bandwagon haters have nothing to say.

Shannahan -- good coach, but man this guy doesn't know what to do with a big lead in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.   Terrible decision making at the end of the half, and should have stuck with the run in the second half with the lead.  How do you not trust JG at the end of the half but put the game in his hands when you have a ten point lead?

Mahomes -- he's a winner, simple as that.  He was not good for 3 quarters but figured out a way to win the game when it counted.

Jimmy G -- doubters are right.  He had shiny stats, but failed when the chips where down.

Sammy -- for all the criticisms, gotta give him his due.  He was a big factor throughout the playoffs and was huge in this game with SF taking away other options for much of the day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Nah Mahomes ultimately made all the plays to win the game. Sammy would have been my runner up if it were up to me. He seemed to come up with a big play whenever KC needed it. 

Mahomes was alright nothing spectacular. Throws were off all night. Sammy had a great game. Maybe he should have got considered. But the nfl wants there next Super star. So here come Mahomes a** kissing contest 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

There's more than one kind of great.

It's the worst game I've seen him play in his career yet he still beat the best defense in the NFL going away and went home with an MVP trophy stuffed in his gym bag.

Yeah.  He showed up when it mattered most.  The 49ers also collapsed on both sides of the ball.

Just now, KD in CA said:

Takeaways:

Andy Reid -- Good for him, well deserved.  Loved the 4th down calls in the first half.  The bandwagon haters have nothing to say.

Shannahan -- good coach, but man this guy doesn't know what to do with a big lead in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.   Terrible decision making at the end of the half, and should have stuck with the run in the second half with the lead.  How do you not trust JG at the end of the half but put the game in his hands when you have a ten point lead?

Mahomes -- he's a winner, simple as that.  He was not good for 3 quarters but figured out a way to win the game when it counted.

Jimmy G -- doubters are right.  He had shiny stats, but failed when the chips where down.

Sammy -- for all the criticisms, gotta give him his due.  He was a big factor throughout the playoffs and was huge in this game with SF taking away other options for much of the day.

Richard Sherman - fine player but man is he fun to watch get burned after he runs his mouth CONSTANTLY

• Like (+1) 2

I actually feel better about our QB after watching that game.  You need a QB who can make plays at the end of games to win the big one.  Allen has his faults he needs to improve on, but I’d rather have him than Garoppolo any day of the week.  49ers have a super bowl level defense and running game but it still wasn’t enough.  They needed their $30m per year QB to make a play in the 4th quarter and he couldn’t.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mahomes was alright nothing spectacular. Throws were off all night. Sammy had a great game. Maybe he should have got considered. But the nfl wants there next Super star. So here come Mahomes a** kissing contest 

The guy in the strait jacket also thinks everyone else is crazy.

I agree for the most part. Nobody really stood out so even though Mahomes was uneven for most of the game, he won it. 

Its almost always a QB nowadays and with 310 yards (320 before the kneels) and 3 TDs and leading the comeback, he ended up being the obvious choice. 

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

The guy in the strait jacket also thinks everyone else is crazy.

Why are you so upset that people don’t think he had a great game? Nobody is saying he isn’t great...we just don’t think he had a great game...and at the end of the day it doesn’t matter, they won.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I actually feel better about our QB after watching that game.  You need a QB who can make plays at the end of games to win the big one.  Allen has his faults he needs to improve on, but I’d rather have him than Garoppolo any day of the week.  49ers have a super bowl level defense and running game but it still wasn’t enough.  They needed their $30m per year QB to make a play in the 4th quarter and he couldn’t.  

They won’t do it, but SF can basically get out of Jimmy’s deal for free this offseason and try to upgrade their QB if they wanted to.