Super Bowl Postgame Thread: Chiefs Win! Reid gets his Ring

22 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I went to bed after the game and don’t know why a post SB conversation turns into Mahomes sexual orientation.  This is the most ridiculous and ignorent comment I’ve heard in awhile.  Sounds like just bashing Mahomes because sour grapes we could have had him and now let’s find anything we can say negative about him.

The boring comments are crazy.  Did anyone watch last years SB? 13-3 and that was only late in the game.

This game went right down to the wire, and any real football fan can see it was an exciting game.  I’m happy for KC winning the first time in 50 years and of course for Andy, Kelley, Mahomes, and so on.  I feel for the SF fans as they had this game in hand until the end. It’s just the way the ball bounced.

it’s either sour grapes or just complete idiocy. Some people just don’t understand that we don’t want to hear what cousin bubba’s opinions are about mahomes’ orientation.

as far as “boring” goes, the game had what? 4 lead changes and 4 turnovers? Multiple long runs and passes by both teams? Again, more sour grapes i suppose but who knows around here.

23 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Who's got the sour grapes? The people still complaining about the Bills not drafting Mahomes, or the people complaining about the complaining about not drafting Mahomes?

The people manufacturing reasons to doubt mahomes or just straight up slandering the guy are the ones with sour grapes, since you obviously didn’t read the thread.

3 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

I'm not so sure I agree. A lot of people complaining pretty much constantly about the Bills not drafting Mahomes.

For the record, I did read the thread. And I'm not sure I blame anybody for being tired of the hindsight champions.

well if you express your tiredness of those who wanted mahomes like you just did then there’s no problem.

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The main thing with Mahomes compared to Allen is the deep accuracy.  He's much more consistent and throws with more touch.  They're not that far off besides that and Allen is the better scrambler.  The play calling and creativity also jump out at me on both sides of the ball.

The biggest strength on both teams tonight (the Chiefs weapons and speed provided to Mahomes) and the ability of the 49ers to get pressure with just the front four should be our main focus of the offseason.

Did you watch his deep balls today? floaters that should have been intercepted except his receivers had almost 10 yards of separation. He's obviously better, but something looked off this game....

13 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Did you watch his deep balls today? floaters that should have been intercepted except his receivers had almost 10 yards of separation. He's obviously better, but something looked off this game....

When did Allens WR ever have 10 yards of separation?

3 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Good for Reid if anyone deserves it he does. Yes the Bills traded away an MVP and SB winning (and SB MVP) quarterback. Stuff happens i guess. 

and Sabres traded O'Reilly and he won the Cup and playoff MVP

9 hours ago, ~Kostabi~ said:

Predictable that the QB earns the MVP but I think it should have gone to Williams

totally agree. 2 picks in the big game should negate the MVP talk. Sounds like a Madison avenue vote

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2020-chiefs-damien-williams-opens-eyes-with-super-bowl-liv-performance-should-have-been-mvp/

10 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Honestly the Chiefs window is 15 years but it will close rapidly after 3 years. They will not be able to afford Kelce, Hill and Mahomes after his rookie contract. 

That said: Houston, Tennessee and Buffalo are looming imo. 

Like Seattle they have their young QB.  Like Seattle they will ebb a bit, but, because of their young QB they'll always have a chance.  

• Like (+1) 1

The halftime show might as well been sponsored by the do me-too movement.

(I’m ornery. Got to listen for another year how SB pools are a waste of money.)

Enough about me, it was another make your girl a wh0re halftime show.

Edited by I am the egg man

The halftime show is a joke. Its for the people who dont want to watch the game because that cant be the number one music choice for the vast majority of fans. Good for Andy Reid though. The game was pretty entertaining and the Montana Young and Jimmy G commercial was pretty good, I guess Montana never give him that "tip"

Some San Francisco 49ers fans find a Super Bowl scapegoat: the officials

Perhaps the most momentum-changing play was when 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo took a major hit from a Chief’s linebacker that some fans said should have been called for helmet-to-helmet contact. There was no call and the website pointed out that Mahomes, on the ensuing drive, led the Chiefs to a go-ahead touchdown.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/some-san-francisco-49ers-fans-find-a-super-bowl-scapegoat-the-officials

Just now, LabattBlue said:

On the SF drive near the end(the play where JG was called “in the grasp”), he got smacked in the head by a KC lineman, which also would have been called in the regular season. 

Mahomes also got smacked in the face and it wasn’t called. 

10 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Honestly the Chiefs window is 15 years but it will close rapidly after 3 years. They will not be able to afford Kelce, Hill and Mahomes after his rookie contract. 

That said: Houston, Tennessee and Buffalo are looming imo. 

They'll re-sign Mahomes and draft replacements for the others. That's how it works. Also, the cap will be going up soon as new TV contracts gets signed.