Super Bowl Postgame Thread: Chiefs Win! Reid gets his Ring

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I thought the KC o-line did a pretty good job against possibly the best d-line in the league.  Look back two weeks ago when the 49ers completely shut down Aaron Rogers and the Packers.  That should provide some perspective.

Our o-line would have looked like a college offensive line going against professionals tonight.

The holding that the KC O-Line got away with was almost criminal. The video that will come out in the next few weeks will make this game seem like a joke. Bosa was held on such a level that Hughes would've ripped a guy's helmet off and been ejected. Every time Mahomes rolled out or ran a O-Line got away with a grab or that extra second of holding. 

22 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I don’t agree that we could’ve won the super bowl this year, but the chiefs O Line was terrible tonight. Not sure our OLine would’ve played much worse.  It’s why Mahomes looked so bad for a majority of that game.  

The SF D-line is really stout.  They made a really good O-line, the KC O-line, look bad at times.

Our O-line looked great against poor defenses, and folded like cheap lawn chairs against really good defenses (NE, Balt) or not so good defenses that did a great job diagnosing our OL weaknesses and homing in on them (Houston)

I thought the first half was a great demonstration about what strong defensive pressure/O-line that can't hold against it does to an undeniably top notch QB.  Mahomes was off-target and unable to find completions much of the game.

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The holding that the KC O-Line got away with was almost criminal. The video that will come out in the next few weeks will make this game seem like a joke. Bosa was held on such a level that Hughes would've ripped a guy's helmet off and been ejected. Every time Mahomes rolled out or ran a O-Line got away with a grab or that extra second of holding. 

I'm sure there was some of that, there is on pretty much every play.  But there is a threshold that can't be crossed without being called on a more consistent basis.

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

The Titans were a much better team at the end of the year than when we played them.

it’s only stupid coaching when it doesn’t work. Jimmy was like 18 for 22 at one point, any pass play at any time could have gashed them for big yards.

Didnt need to, less than 6 minutes to go with a 10 point lead, it's kind of a no brainer to run the ball there. At the very least it takes time off the clock and limits the Chiefs chances with the ball. Poor decisions by Shanahan.

3 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Didnt need to, less than 6 minutes to go with a 10 point lead, it's kind of a no brainer to run the ball there. At the very least it takes time off the clock and limits the Chiefs chances with the ball. Poor decisions by Shanahan.

do you know what happens when the run is stopped? Everyone ***** about the conservative playcalling. The coach’s decisions are only bad when they don’t work. It’s the way it’s always been.

3 minutes ago, SDS said:

do you know what happens when the run is stopped? Everyone ***** about the conservative playcalling. The coach’s decisions are only bad when they don’t work. It’s the way it’s always been.

Getting dinged about being both too conservative and too aggressive lol

Watching these two teams don’t really think they are all that much better then the Bills but their skill talent and the ability for their receivers to get seperation makes Mahomes job a lot easier as he really wasn’t that good tonight would much rather see a title in KC then another championship goto the Bay Area 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

I laughed and said SF was going to lose the game because of that decision not to run some clock right there. It was stupid decision on Shannys behalf to throw, especially with the running game SF has.

4 minutes ago, pop gun said:

I laughed and said SF was going to lose the game because of that decision not to run some clock right there. It was stupid decision on Shannys behalf to throw, especially with the running game SF has.

Fans always have the answer with a tidy list of well worn cliches...  Keep them off balance! Keep doing what works! Go for the kill! Kill the clock!  

A cliche for every decision that doesn’t go the right way. 

• Like (+1) 4

20 points was never gonna be enough. You don't waste the last two minutes of the first half because you 'feel good' at 10-10. When you get ahead by 10 you keep doing what is working.

Once again, playing not to lose is the loser's mentality.

16 minutes ago, SDS said:

Mark me down as someone who thinks Mahomes was hurt some time in the game which were the cause of his second half throws to be all in the dirt

Except his second half throws weren't all in the dirt, and many of his first half throws were off.  He was something like 5 of 9 in the 1st Q, and many of the completions were not on-point.

If he was hurt, it was possibly at the end of the long TD drive in 1Q when Ward hit him hard and he fumbled.  But he was able to turn it on in the 4Q when the chips were down.

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

20 points was never gonna be enough. You don't waste the last two minutes of the first half because you 'feel good' at 10-10. When you get ahead by 10 you keep doing what is working.

Once again, playing not to lose is the loser's mentality.

Certainly is a dangerous strategy when facing an explosive offense like KC.  I told the Chiefs fan we were watching with "10 points in the 4Q is nothing for Mahomes"

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

Fans always have the answer with a tidy list of well worn cliches...  Keep them off balance! Keep doing what works! Go for the kill! Kill the clock!  

A cliche for every decision that doesn’t go the right way. 

That is true, but there is also a reason some of those cliches are so well worn.

Wasting the last two minutes because Shanahan "felt good" being tied is a losing mentality, especially against Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Sf up 10 points it’s 3rd down and it looked like everyone was held on that deep bomb to Hill that changed the game. 

I wanted to see replay but they didn’t show it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I think our d is there.  We need points like 25-30 a game. 

This game proved to me that being a strong defense is not a viable strategy for lasting in the post-season.  Eventually you go up against a great offense and the result is what you have tonight.  

Helped that teams like SF out-smart themselves and play not to lose or simply retreat into their shell and stop being aggressive.  

• Like (+1) 2

A bit of schadenfreude on the ATL sports talk market down here will be in order tomorrow methinks—another lead Shanahan couldn’t close out in the SB...with his history of when 28 points wasn’t enough of a spot, am surprised by his approach going into the half. SF not being able to respond at all once KC started scoring was very surprising to see given how the game had been flowing up to that point with 8 min left in the game.