New York (again)

What were those metrics again folks?

Anyone in the People's Republic of New York or member of the cult of Cuomo especially anyone in the local media going to start demanding answers, justifications, and objective for this?

New York Gov. Cuomo warns NYC restaurants may have to close again in the fall

"We have a much, a much bigger problem in New York City today than any of the surrounding suburbs with a lack of compliance," Cuomo told reporters on a conference call when asked why the state allows indoor dining in other regions and not New York City. 

The state has cracked down on many restaurants and bars for violating the governor's orders on operating with safety precautions to prevent the spread of the virus. New York has suspended the liquor licenses of nearly 150 bars for violating the orders, according to a press release Monday.

Other restaurants have received citations, many in the New York City area, and are subject to fines up to $10,000 per violation. 

"I understand the inconvenience that many businesses are dealing with going through this. And I understand many businesses are under economic hardship and they feel that if they can't get back to full operating that they are going to have issues," Cuomo said on the call. 

However, he indicated that a decision could come later as the weather turns cold and added that "in this environment, two weeks is what a year used to be. Something changes every two weeks."

The infection rate across New York has remained low over the last 12 consecutive days. The so-called positivity rate, or the percentage of total tests that are positive, below 1%, an indication that the virus is under control in the area. 

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio reported earlier Wednesday that the city recorded its lowest daily infection rate to date at 0.24%.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/08/19/new-york-gov-cuomo-warns-nyc-restaurants-may-have-to-close-again-in-the-fall.html

The CDC said at <5% positive test rate we should be full normal.  But of course, question nothing.  Free signed copies of the Fuhrer's book for any Karens that freak out on kids not wearing masks.  

Edited by Big Blitz

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Anyone in the People's Republic of New York or member of the cult of Cuomo especially anyone in the local media going to start demanding answers, justifications, and objective for this?

"We have a much, a much bigger problem in New York City today than any of the surrounding suburbs with a lack of compliance," Cuomo told reporters on a conference call when asked why the state allows indoor dining in other regions and not New York City. 

The state has cracked down on many restaurants and bars for violating the governor's orders on operating with safety precautions to prevent the spread of the virus. New York has suspended the liquor licenses of nearly 150 bars for violating the orders, according to a press release Monday.

Other restaurants have received citations, many in the New York City area, and are subject to fines up to $10,000 per violation. 

"I understand the inconvenience that many businesses are dealing with going through this. And I understand many businesses are under economic hardship and they feel that if they can't get back to full operating that they are going to have issues," Cuomo said on the call. 

However, he indicated that a decision could come later as the weather turns cold and added that "in this environment, two weeks is what a year used to be. Something changes every two weeks."

The infection rate across New York has remained low over the last 12 consecutive days. The so-called positivity rate, or the percentage of total tests that are positive, below 1%, an indication that the virus is under control in the area. 

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio reported earlier Wednesday that the city recorded its lowest daily infection rate to date at 0.24%.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/08/19/new-york-gov-cuomo-warns-nyc-restaurants-may-have-to-close-again-in-the-fall.html

The CDC said at <5% positive test rate we should be full normal.  But of course, question nothing.  Free signed copies of the Fuhrer's book for any Karens that freak out on kids not wearing masks.  

I think it’s awesome that Governor Cuomo “understands the inconvenience” that being driven to bankruptcy causes.  That’s really the problem—total financial devastation is an “inconvenience”.  Spoken like a true government lifer.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think it’s awesome that Governor Cuomo “understands the inconvenience” that being driven to bankruptcy causes.  

That’s really the problem—total financial devastation is an “inconvenience”.  

Spoken like a true government lifer.  

• Sad 2

Well this is, um... concerning:

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/buffalo/city-of-buffalo-announces-new-student-outreach-effort/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral

Starting this weekend, city officials will be going door-to-door in the University Heights neighborhood to check on students.

They’ll also inspect homes to make sure the appropriate number of people are living in a rented unit at a time.

Mayor Brown says a lot of colleges are seeing spikes in COVID cases around the country and having to shut down because of it.

He says he wants to do whatever is necessary to prevent that from happening here.”

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Well this is, um... concerning:

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/buffalo/city-of-buffalo-announces-new-student-outreach-effort/?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral

Starting this weekend, city officials will be going door-to-door in the University Heights neighborhood to check on students.

They’ll also inspect homes to make sure the appropriate number of people are living in a rented unit at a time.

Mayor Brown says a lot of colleges are seeing spikes in COVID cases around the country and having to shut down because of it.

He says he wants to do whatever is necessary to prevent that from happening here.”

Gee, why is that concerning....it's just an "Outreach Effort".   :doh:

...another Big Fredo moment.......NYS DMV transactions at local DMV offices are by appointment only....I need to buy a utility trailer, but can't bring it home unless registered......earliest DMV appointment available?......2nd week in OCTOBER.......

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...another Big Fredo moment.......NYS DMV transactions at local DMV offices are by appointment only....I need to buy a utility trailer, but can't bring it home unless registered......earliest DMV appointment available?......2nd week in OCTOBER.......

Can you find a dealer who goes to DMV to take care of registering ?

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

Can you find a dealer who goes to DMV to take care of registering ?

....unfortunately no....they will only transact their own stuff...you can mail in the paperwork to a Monroe County DMV office, but return is now at 3+ weeks......DMV urges that you "transact business only in your home county".....but I'm contacting Livingston County DMV (south of Rochester) to see if they will allow me to transact there (much lower volume)...

34 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....unfortunately no....they will only transact their own stuff...you can mail in the paperwork to a Monroe County DMV office, but return is now at 3+ weeks......DMV urges that you "transact business only in your home county".....but I'm contacting Livingston County DMV (south of Rochester) to see if they will allow me to transact there (much lower volume)...

I truly can not understand why NYS can't figure this out- Orange County FL DMV has appointments next week and the dealers can register new cars they sell. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I truly can not understand why NYS can't figure this out- Orange County FL DMV has appointments next week and the dealers can register new cars they sell. 

...dealers can register new and used vehicles.....some of the larger ones can even issue plates......don't forget we're talking about Big Fredoland.....SMH.....he's crying the blues about multi-BILLION dollar deficit, yet he chooses to interrupt known revenue streams....DMV transactions, sales tax (food & beverage industry so noted), gas tax/tolls (travel limitations) et al......LONG BEFORE Covid-19, he was and still is the "poster boy for fiscal MISmanagement"......recently approves $450 MILLION to improve NYS Thruway (I-90) rest stops......seriously?.....you pull in, use the bathroom, get a cup of coffee and gone in 15 minutes.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

How come all of the restrictions, business, government agencies or schools require LESS work for the employees? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

How come all of the restrictions, business, government agencies or schools require LESS work for the employees? 

...sad isn't it?.......go figure....even in GOOD TIMES, service is woefully slow...they have one speed....the "age old adage" about a typical NYS Thruway crew: "five guys sitting in the truck watching the one guy working."..

I recently heard on WHAM 1180 in Rochester that no new construction after 2021 in NY: Residential, Commercial or Industrial, will be allowed to run a natural gas line to the premises...

No natural gas appliances, no natural gas turbines, nothing.

Is this slanted journalism, or can anyone back this up?

Good luck if you want a $1 million dollar home in the Hamptons with a gas fireplace, or want to build a business in NYS that requires a gas driven turbine. Only electric.

Ironic since 1:5 to 1:4 of all electricity in the USA is generated by natural gas.

Also our Buffalo Bills owner made some money off of natural gas...... How will that conversation go down?

Then again this idiot just tried to pick a fight with Wegmans, then bemoans millionaires leaving the city....

From a greed point of view I love it since I have a gas line to multiple appliances and am 'near' a commercial/industrial zoned area, so my property value will go up due to having a sacred gas line, but this seems dumb overall.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

Meanwhile, if you go to NC to send a week with your boyfriend, as a young lady I know did, you are met at the airport by the cdc requiring your phone number so they can call you. Asking personal questions. Then 2 days later they called her to make sure she is following the rules. Insisting she not leave her room and not share the bathroom with anyone else in the house.  Told her to never share the laundry and not use the kitchen utensils that others may use. Possibly use paper and plastic if it is available.  She really started to play with them when she asked if she could burn her bedding. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/20/2020 at 12:57 AM, Big Blitz said:

I am not sure why they would close. No one can eat inside now. Gonna be a little chilly in the winter, but with enough patio heaters...

De Blasio has ‘no plan’ for return of indoor dining in NYC

Mayor Bill de Blasio bluntly said he has “no plan” for the return of indoor dining in New York City, citing a link between eating inside and a resurgence of the coronavirus in other parts of the world.

“Indoor dining, there’s not a plan right now,” de Blasio said on WNYC’s “The Brian Lehrer Show” Friday.

A Manhattan caller named Sharon had asked the mayor if there was any possibility that restaurants would be fully reopened this year. Right now, they’re only allowed to have outdoor seating or takeout.

“There’s not a context for indoor dining. We’re never saying it’s impossible. But we do not, based on what we’re seeing around the world, we do not have a plan for reopening indoor dining in the near term,” de Blasio said.

</snip>

All this for under 800 cases statewide per day. Cases. Not hospitalizations. Not deaths. Just testing positive. Pure insanity.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I am not sure why they would close. No one can eat inside now. Gonna be a little chilly in the winter, but with enough patio heaters...

De Blasio has ‘no plan’ for return of indoor dining in NYC

Mayor Bill de Blasio bluntly said he has “no plan” for the return of indoor dining in New York City, citing a link between eating inside and a resurgence of the coronavirus in other parts of the world.

“Indoor dining, there’s not a plan right now,” de Blasio said on WNYC’s “The Brian Lehrer Show” Friday.

A Manhattan caller named Sharon had asked the mayor if there was any possibility that restaurants would be fully reopened this year. Right now, they’re only allowed to have outdoor seating or takeout.

“There’s not a context for indoor dining. We’re never saying it’s impossible. But we do not, based on what we’re seeing around the world, we do not have a plan for reopening indoor dining in the near term,” de Blasio said.

</snip>

All this for under 800 cases statewide per day. Cases. Not hospitalizations. Not deaths. Just testing positive. Pure insanity.

Did the useful idiot interviewing him challenge this clown at all?  By citing data all over the country.  By asking how is this justified?  Or why he's a communist?  Anything at all to challenge him?  

I read the article so we would have to dig up the interview somewhere but I'm going to bet the answer to those questions is no.  

The rest of the country has found a way to eat inside despite the scourge of the New York City Virus.  

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Did the useful idiot interviewing him challenge this clown at all?  By citing data all over the country.  By asking how is this justified?  Or why he's a communist?  Anything at all to challenge him?  

I read the article so we would have to dig up the interview somewhere but I'm going to bet the answer to those questions is no.  

The rest of the country has found a way to eat inside despite the scourge of the New York City Virus.  

de Blasio is how they will get a Rudy 2.0, and then wonder how and why it happened.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just found out that the quarantine for out of state people does not have exception for funerals. My friend can not go see her grandma who is now in hospice or go to funeral without quarantining two weeks first. Her family is afraid of police showing up to funeral if it is too large since they are being so strict.

• Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

...yet Big Fredo is writing his "Covid-19 Handbook" soon to be at Barnes & Noble......and Bumblin' Billy says "so what to the mass NYC exodus"......yet BOTH assuredly get re-elected in landslides......NYC is BLUE and the rest of NYS is RED.......we're screwed......as usual......these two clowns couldn't sell Manhattan now back to its original owners for 10 cents on the dollar.....

12 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I recently heard on WHAM 1180 in Rochester that no new construction after 2021 in NY: Residential, Commercial or Industrial, will be allowed to run a natural gas line to the premises...

No natural gas appliances, no natural gas turbines, nothing.

Is this slanted journalism, or can anyone back this up?

Good luck if you want a $1 million dollar home in the Hamptons with a gas fireplace, or want to build a business in NYS that requires a gas driven turbine. Only electric.

Ironic since 1:5 to 1:4 of all electricity in the USA is generated by natural gas.

Also our Buffalo Bills owner made some money off of natural gas...... How will that conversation go down?

Then again this idiot just tried to pick a fight with Wegmans, then bemoans millionaires leaving the city....

From a greed point of view I love it since I have a gas line to multiple appliances and am 'near' a commercial/industrial zoned area, so my property value will go up due to having a sacred gas line, but this seems dumb overall.

I cannot find anything to verify this. That would be insane if true.

And while New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio took verbal aim at gas infrastructure during his State of the City speech in February, his proposal falls short of immediately halting new gas boilers, furnaces or generators. Other cities throughout the state have similarly been hesitant to charge ahead with the new initiative.

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2020/02/25/new-york-slow-to-curb-natural-gas-in-new-construction-1263585

On 8/22/2020 at 8:45 PM, B-Man said:

So I missed my mom's 95th because of the 14 day quarantine but these idiots can come and perform for VMA?

***** you ***** you ***** you ***** you ***** you!!!!!! 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

So I missed my mom's 95th because of the 14 day quarantine but this idiots can come and perform for VMA?

***** you ***** you ***** you ***** you ***** you!!!!!! 

....well it's NYC arrogance....didn't the dirt bag Leona Helmsley say, "taxes are for little people"?.....yet another condescending, arrogant putz that NYS is littered with....

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/23/2020 at 10:22 AM, Buffalo_Gal said:

I cannot find anything to verify this. That would be insane if true.

This already happened in Berkeley, CA, where natural gas was banned from all new construction over a year ago. A dozen or more CA cities, including San Jose, joined in.

According to this article, there's a city in Massachusetts that has done the same.

I would not be surprised to find out the Rochester rumor is true, assuming it's being run by leftwing nutbags.

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This already happened in Berkeley, CA, where natural gas was banned from all new construction over a year ago. A dozen or more CA cities, including San Jose, joined in.

According to this article, there's a city in Massachusetts that has done the same.

I would not be surprised to find out the Rochester rumor is true, assuming it's being run by leftwing nutbags.

All the hits I was getting about it when searching were California based. That is truly nuts.

When we were selling in Florida, they were finally starting to bring natural gas into the northern part of the state. I do not know if they did. Interesting how parts of the country want to kill natural gas, parts want to bring it in.

15 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Are these people f'ng insane?   Do they know how much is costs to heat northeast houses with electric?  Do they understand how the electricity is generated?  Do they understand how electricity is distributed?  Do they understand what happens to the grid when you load more capacity on it without upgrading the grid?  Do they understand what happens to that all-electric house when a WINTER storm knocks out power for over 2 days?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1