New York (again)

Regular posters here know I'm not one to start new threads, but the California (again) thread has proven to be a great spot for that state's oddities, and I think we can all agree The State of NY can use a similar thread at this point.

Case in point: the state's new bail reform law, which is already making news for who is being released without bail.

Just recently: Six Suspects in $7M Fentanyl Ring Free Without Bail

It seems every time we turn around the state (and of course, NYC) is doing something that is ridiculous. When you stop to consider how the left wants to remove the electoral college and turn over electing presidents, essentially, to NY and CA, it's probably worth it to highlight the fun happening on the coast without a consistently beautiful view.

So join me in keeping all batschittcrazy NY things to this thread.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Regular posters here know I'm not one to start new threads, but the California (again) thread has proven to be a great spot for that state's oddities, and I think we can all agree The State of NY can use a similar thread at this point.

Case in point: the state's new bail reform law, which is already making news for who is being released without bail.

It seems every time we turn around the state (and of course, NYC) is doing something that is ridiculous. When you stop to consider how the left wants to remove the electoral college and turn over electing presidents, essentially, to NY and CA, it's probably worth it to highlight the fun happening on the coast without a consistently beautiful view.

Ah, bail reform.

Thanks IDZbillzFan.........

I will probably be posting daily in this thread.

DISPATCHES FROM THE EDUCATION APOCALYPSE: Flipping off rightly-angry parents should be the last straw for New York City Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza.

A shocking video taken at a once-highly regarded middle school in Bayside, Queens, MS 158, showed a 14-year-old girl beating on a younger girl while teachers made limited attempts to stop the brutality. As The Post has ­reported, this wasn’t the first major incident at the middle school in the last year; it came in addition to two instances of alleged sexual assault.

During the town-hall meeting with upset parents, Carranza ­refused to answer their questions, instead taking prescreened ones, until the anger in the room reached a boiling point, and the parents began to openly jeer. Then the chancellor walked out of the room and turned his back on their concerns. He later blasted the mother of the ­assaulted child for “grandstanding.”

I’m not the first to call for his firing, but I hope I’m the last. In June, nine City Council members wrote a letter to de Blasio calling for his ouster.

The tone-deaf mayor’s office shot back, insinuating that the signatories were — what else? — racist for calling for Carranza’s removal.

Read the whole thing.

HE’LL WIN AGAIN IN 2020 AT THIS RATE: 

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo Named 2019 U-Haul Salesman Of The Year As People Flee New York State. 

I mean, unless he loses to Gavin Newsom, which is entirely possible.

BOB MCMANUS: 

It looks like New York’s getting the crime uptick politicians have been asking for. 

Question for New York Voters: Why are you electing politicians who want more crime against you?

Edited by B-Man

22 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

...gonna have to give me some time to post comments about the "Land of Big Fredo" and I may sue you for carpal tunnel....:D....for starters, did you know that Big Fredo does NOT have an email address (got this from my NYSDOT buddies)?......he wants NOTHING in writing and I believe phone wiretaps are illegal......

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

HE’LL WIN AGAIN IN 2020 AT THIS RATE: 

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo Named 2019 U-Haul Salesman Of The Year As People Flee New York State. 

I mean, unless he loses to Gavin Newsom, which is entirely possible.

BOB MCMANUS: 

It looks like New York’s getting the crime uptick politicians have been asking for. 

Question for New York Voters: Why are you electing politicians who want more crime against you?

We are attached to a City called NY. The tri county I live in, Lewis, St Lawrence,  Jefferson, does not vote for him nor did we put the Legislators or Senators in the state that voted for this crap.

One of my best friends is an officer in the Rochester PD and he stated that the good intentions of the new bail bill are far outweighed by the negatives. Basically it is a decision based on good intentions without any consideration for the fallout 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Oh God. Please keep me out of this thread!

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

One of my best friends is an officer in the Rochester PD and he stated that the good intentions of the new bail bill are far outweighed by the negatives. Basically it is a decision based on good intentions without any consideration for the fallout 

That is the definition of virtue signaling.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Hahaah.  Government action 101. 

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I was talking to a public defender here (play hockey with him) and he says its a good idea. The bail situation was leaving nonviolent offenders in jail costing over $150 a night to stay in jail. Taxpayers could be on the hook for thousands for each lock up for a person that really isn't a threat to society. Judges just putting $300 on a poor defendant--not convicted!--might as well have been $3 million. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I was talking to a public defender here (play hockey with him) and he says its a good idea. The bail situation was leaving nonviolent offenders in jail costing over $150 a night to stay in jail. Taxpayers could be on the hook for thousands for each lock up for a person that really isn't a threat to society. Judges just putting $300 on a poor defendant--not convicted!--might as well have been $3 million. 

You hit on one of the good parts of the law- the law though allows terrible people to be released and the law has already cost at least one person their life.

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

She should have claimed that the one death was an abortion and instead of charging her they might have lit up the Empire State Building. How dare she try to facilitate birth!

The more serious charges, I think, are the identity theft allegations that she was claiming to be a doctor to get tests run.

Depending on the circumstances of the death, I think they will have a hard time proving that she had much to do with a baby dying 6 hours after she did the birth.