New York (again)

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

HE’LL WIN AGAIN IN 2020 AT THIS RATE: 

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo Named 2019 U-Haul Salesman Of The Year As People Flee New York State. 

I mean, unless he loses to Gavin Newsom, which is entirely possible.

BOB MCMANUS: 

It looks like New York’s getting the crime uptick politicians have been asking for. 

Question for New York Voters: Why are you electing politicians who want more crime against you?

Crime was going down, so they let all the criminals run free.

Without crime they have no way to make you less free with their constant barrage of new "common senses" laws.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You hit on one of the good parts of the law- the law though allows terrible people to be released and the law has already cost at least one person their life.

But the state is $150 closer to closing that $6 billion deficit !!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

IT’S A RIDDLE WRAPPED IN A MYSTERY INSIDE AN ENIGMA; BUT PERHAPS THERE IS A KEY: 

Lawmakers want to know why people are leaving New York state.

If you have to ask................................................................................................................you may be a democrat.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

If you have to ask................................................................................................................you may be a democrat.

1, Taxes-I'm too old to move and still working at 66. Taxes are a major killer. What I pay is sinful. Our great state pays out $62.4 BILLION in welfare to the "forlorn" despite significant debt. No way ANY of it could be fraudulent (COUGH).

2. Hats off to our political "gems" through the years......Big Fredo still in charge.....how's this current and former lineup?.....Schumer, Nadler, The Wiener, Spitzer, Bruno, Silver ,DiBlasio, Hillary, Schneiderman, etc...diamond mines can't top these "precious stones"......should be the "Who's Who List" at Rikers

3. Big Fredo just banned plastic bags and the paper bag manufacturing industry is forecasting a five year shortage due to increased demand. Think Big Fredo asked them first? Um ok.

4. "Bail Reform"- it MUST be working based on reports of those arrested, released with no bail and re-arrested multiple times.

5. Big Fredo's license plate scam-tried to legislate New Yorkers having to buy new plates ala "cash grb"; it was withdrawn.

6. Weed tax-Big Fredo doesn't give a rat's azz about pitfalls of legalization; "just pay the taxes folks" so he can piss that away.

7. Poor poor Puerto Rico-SIX taxpayer funded trips to emphasize with citizens because Trump screwed them out of hurricane relief; last count was $92 BILLION with tons unaccounted for, politicians resigning and/or being arrested. how about warehouses with aid undistributed for TWO YEARS? Sorry folks, been to San Juan many times and the populous "ain't the most energetic bunch.

8. NY Taxpayers paying for Big Fredo's return trip to PR because Trump is screwing them out of hurricane relief dollars. Special thanks to NJ's Sen Bob "Slippery" Melendez chiming in as well.

9. According to my NYSDOT buddies, Bg Fredo does NOT have an email address, thus nothing is in writing and taping of phone conversations need to be pre-announced....what does he fear?...

10. Big Fredo=Albany's Teflon Don-when Buffalo got hit with the 86" snow storm that shut down I-90 from Buffalo to PA line, the regional NYS Thruway Authority Director was highly critical of Albany's response. Big Fredo made sure he was unemployed within two weeks.

I'll be back shortly with items of substance......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

Madeline Singas, the Nassau County district attorney, said in a statement that her office had obtained a protective order for Mr. Rodriguez in December 2018, but that his identity had been disclosed to defense lawyers in December 2019 under a judge’s order.

While Ms. Singas did not specifically cite the new law as contributing to Mr. Rodriguez’s death, she suggested in her statement that being forced to identify him well before trial had hampered the authorities’ ability to protect him, and may have cost him his life.

So, a judge ordered the release of the person's name, a year after it was protected, both of which occurred PRIOR to the new law coming into effect?

They can ***** off with this nonsense.

Oh, and Nassau County is pretty notorious for being inept, incompetent, and crooked as hell. They got their crime lab shut down awhile back for faking evidence.

• Like (+1) 2

VIRTUE SIGNALING CAN CARRY A COST

Last night on our Power Line VIP program, Steve noted that the Department of Homeland Security plans to deny the privileges of its Global Entry and other Trusted Traveler Programs to New Yorkers. The Global Entry program enables American citizens and permanent residents who travel abroad to avoid long customs lines when they return to the U.S.

As I understand it, to determine who qualifies as a “trusted traveler,” the DHS relies on various government data including information related to driver’s licenses. It uses such information as criminal history and fugitive warrants, as well as corroboration of address and physical characteristics.

New York, having declared itself a sanctuary state, allows illegal immigrants, who do not have social security numbers, to obtain valid state driver’s licenses. It also bars the state from sharing with federal immigration authorities data relating to driver’s licenses.

By doing so, it restricts DHS’s ability to properly vet would-be trusted travelers. Hence the move to bar New Yorkers from the Global Entry program — a move, the rationale for which applies to other states with similar sanctuary laws.

Critics claim that the Trump administration’s move is purely punitive. New York governor Andrew Cuomo accused the administration of “unbounded arrogance” and “disrespect of the rule of law.”

It’s not clear to me what law the administration is disrespecting. As far as I can tell, DHS’s action is lawful.

Is it a good faith effort to ensure that the Global Entry program doesn’t jeopardize America’s security? Nothing I’ve seen so far demonstrates otherwise, but I don’t know enough to say for sure.

If New York can tell federal immigration authorities to go to hell, why shouldn’t federal immigration authorities respond in kind for the limited purpose of the Trusted Traveler Program. And if New York’s elites want to signal their virtue by enabling dangerous criminal illegal immigrants to have sanctuary in their state, why shouldn’t these elitists actually display virtue by willingly standing in long lines when they globe trot?

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/02/virtue-signaling-can-carry-a-cost.php

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Last night on our Power Line VIP program, Steve noted that the Department of Homeland Security plans to deny the privileges of its Global Entry and other Trusted Traveler Programs to New Yorkers. The Global Entry program enables American citizens and permanent residents who travel abroad to avoid long customs lines when they return to the U.S.

As I understand it, to determine who qualifies as a “trusted traveler,” the DHS relies on various government data including information related to driver’s licenses. It uses such information as criminal history and fugitive warrants, as well as corroboration of address and physical characteristics.

New York, having declared itself a sanctuary state, allows illegal immigrants, who do not have social security numbers, to obtain valid state driver’s licenses. It also bars the state from sharing with federal immigration authorities data relating to driver’s licenses.

By doing so, it restricts DHS’s ability to properly vet would-be trusted travelers. Hence the move to bar New Yorkers from the Global Entry program — a move, the rationale for which applies to other states with similar sanctuary laws.

Critics claim that the Trump administration’s move is purely punitive. New York governor Andrew Cuomo accused the administration of “unbounded arrogance” and “disrespect of the rule of law.”

It’s not clear to me what law the administration is disrespecting. As far as I can tell, DHS’s action is lawful.

Is it a good faith effort to ensure that the Global Entry program doesn’t jeopardize America’s security? Nothing I’ve seen so far demonstrates otherwise, but I don’t know enough to say for sure.

If New York can tell federal immigration authorities to go to hell, why shouldn’t federal immigration authorities respond in kind for the limited purpose of the Trusted Traveler Program. And if New York’s elites want to signal their virtue by enabling dangerous criminal illegal immigrants to have sanctuary in their state, why shouldn’t these elitists actually display virtue by willingly standing in long lines when they globe trot?

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/02/virtue-signaling-can-carry-a-cost.php

"... so, you wanna play games... lets go!"

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

https://twitter.com/lawcrimenews/status/1225862045951762438

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/30/2020 at 3:29 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

One of my best friends is an officer in the Rochester PD and he stated that the good intentions of the new bail bill are far outweighed by the negatives. Basically it is a decision based on good intentions without any consideration for the fallout 

In other words, an emotional knee jerk without regard to reason or logic.  Just like virtually everything done by Democrats.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Oh, this bullcrap actually gets more amusing, and just at the state level.

Many law enforcement agencies in NY use the DMV database to pull up photographs, when doing photo arrays to try to get a witness to ID a suspect. They do this to make it easier to find people who look similar to their suspect, so that any identification can be reliable (as in, you can't have pictures of 5 white guys and a black suspect, or a suspect with a beard and 5 others who are clean-shaven, etc.) King Andrew, in his infinite stupidity, has cut off this ability to access the database from any local law enforcement agency who does not sign on to his sanctuary bullcrap.

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, KD in CA said:

In other words, an emotional knee jerk without regard to reason or logic.  Just like virtually everything done by Democrats.

The other part of law is that the defense will be given information about witnesses so they can interview them. This has already cost one person their life and will make witnesses hard to find in future