New York (again)

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I hear Wasilla, Alaska is looking for LE and a certain female is now single. That's like a two-fer. 

I'll be damned if I raise another man's kids, even if he did get a MoH.

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Cuomo, who runs neck and neck with Schumer, as the all time scumbag hypocritical egomaniac politicians elected in N.Y., could lead the brain dead lackeys in this state off a cliff and they'd thank him.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

One unintended consequence after another. We now have to pay a nickle a paper bag that decades ago used to be free. Well, actually not free but built into the cost. They want us to convert to reusable bags that we bring back to the grocery store time after time. How many times can you purchase that pack of chicken thighs before that bag gets permanently contaminated? Dead fall in our forests used to be used to produce pulp that was used to make paper bags. Can anyone think of the consequences of not clearing that dead fall? While we're at it why not open our borders and let everyone but the most serious criminals out of jail with no bail? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

One unintended consequence after another. We now have to pay a nickle a paper bag that decades ago used to be free. Well, actually not free but built into the cost. They want us to convert to reusable bags that we bring back to the grocery store time after time. How many times can you purchase that pack of chicken thighs before that bag gets permanently contaminated? ...

pretty much only shop at Wegmans here but... they do provide plastic bags in the meat department as well as the produce and frozen foods depts. additionally, if you have cloth reusables, they can and should be washed regularly.

i believe the main reason they are charging the nickel per bag is to push people into reusables and eventually paper will not be offered. as it is now, here in the Rochester area, Aldis and Price Chopper have no bag option, you either bring your own or you do without.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

pretty much only shop at Wegmans here but... they do provide plastic bags in the meat department as well as the produce and frozen foods depts. additionally, if you have cloth reusables, they can and should be washed regularly.

i believe the main reason they are charging the nickel per bag is to push people into reusables and eventually paper will not be offered. as it is now, here in the Rochester area, Aldis and Price Chopper have no bag option, you either bring your own or you do without.

Do you have to ask for plastic bags at the meat counter? The Wegmans I frequent has an attended counter for better cuts of meat and seafood but the chicken is in the coolers along the back of the store that are all self serve. I bring up chicken because that's the worst offender of them all. There's no question in my mind that they're trying to force us to bring our own but it's a fool's game. What if the person ahead of you in the checkout has contaminated bags and you put yours down in the same place?

20 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Do you have to ask for plastic bags at the meat counter? The Wegmans I frequent has an attended counter for better cuts of meat and seafood but the chicken is in the coolers along the back of the store that are all self serve. I bring up chicken because that's the worst offender of them all. There's no question in my mind that they're trying to force us to bring our own but it's a fool's game. What if the person ahead of you in the checkout has contaminated bags and you put yours down in the same place?

my store has those rolls of the plastic bags in the meat dept like you see in the produce dept, strategically placed..

as for others contaminated bags, keep your bags in your cart. germs are everywhere.

Edited by Foxx

14 minutes ago, Foxx said:

my store has those rolls of the plastic bags in the meat dept like you see in the produce dept, strategically placed..

as for others contaminated bags, keep your bags in your cart. germs are everywhere.

So, they now get you to pack your own groceries too. The self serve checkouts haven't taken over Wegman's yet but they'll go the same way as Walmart. Someday the pendulum will swing back and someone will come up with the bright idea of giving super service instead of the nonsense we have now. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So, they now get you to pack your own groceries too. The self serve checkouts haven't taken over Wegman's yet but they'll go the same way as Walmart. Someday the pendulum will swing back and someone will come up with the bright idea of giving super service instead of the nonsense we have now. 

i hope you are right. however my skepticism doubts it. i think the days of healthy big business customer service is long gone.

i remember when i became totally miffed with it. back around 2004 or so, just after the turn of the century anyways,  the Berry company wasn't billing me for my Yellow Pages ad. i had to call them repeatedly to tell them they were not billing me for it. after about 4 months i said the hell with it and figured they would figure it out someday. about four months later, when it became time to re-up for the coming year, i had to tell my rep about it and he eventually got it resolved. i mean, as anyone who has advertised with the book can tell you, we are talking a rather good chunk of change.

since that time, it has only gotten worse, customer service has fallen by the wayside. i became fond of saying that if i ran my small business like companies ran their large business, i would have been out of business yesterday.

anywho, to bring it back around and beg your pardon for the little rant.... i hate the self serve checkouts, i refuse to use them. i don't care if they are empty and the cashier line is out the door, i will patiently stand in line and wait for my turn. i patently object to them, i don't believe the companies that use them are returning the savings to me, the customer. so ***** them. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

I swear these lawmakers are so fvcking stupid.

It's ok to ban plastic bags, but it's ok to have reusable bags that carry so much bacteria that people can get sick.

Ok, got it.

It's bad for the environment to put so much plastic packaging into a plastic bag... so away goes the bag.