New York (again)

16 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Right now a good portion of NYC is on the side of the terrorist, they both believe America is evil and racist, that it needs to be brought down, and violence is acceptable.

This is why I want NYC and NYS separated. We don't have the same ideology

46 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

This is why I want NYC and NYS separated. We don't have the same ideology

...you couldn't even sell that cesspool back to its original owners for 10 cents on the dollar now.....Bumblin' Billy says the crime and destruction is because of Covid-19 and the weather....and as far as an exodus?.....pfffft........

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chef Jim said:

My dad who owned several small businesses in WNY complained about NYC constantly.  And we’re talking 50 years ago. 

...yet the claim from NYC perspective is, "WNY needs US"......they definitely are our surrogate.....ever go on vacation out of NYS to another state or country?.....when somebody asks where you are from and your reply, "Rochester....Syracuse...Buffalo", they respond with "huh, near which borough"?.......my kids tell them "Rochester is directly across Lake Ontario from Toronto" and some seem to get it....

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Imagine city leaders abandoning its people to the extent that they shun the deaths from the most earth-shattering moment on US soil.

Imagine the residents needing to pick that flag up because it means so little to the city leaders.

It's the purest example of 'you get what you vote for,' but I fear the residents of NYC will just re-elect these city leaders no matter what. I had an employee years ago who referred to herself as a Dead Dog Democrat; she'd vote for a dead dog before she'd ever vote for a Republican. I fear that is what is left in NYC.

Edited by IDBillzFan

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he is a ruthless SOB....one of my employees worked for a WNY MAJOR billionaire......he relocated his corporate offices to Florida as well as establishing residency.....sold a major real estate portfolio for >$ 2 billion.....Big Fredo's "gestapo" surveilled him for two years because of the NYS Tax loss....Big Fredo is our new NYS "Teflon Don".....my NYS Thruway buddies tell me he does NOT have an email address so nothing is in writing....so what is the fraud paranoid about??.....nursing home death count?...

I seem to recall reports last year that NY would go after back taxes for certain income levels who showed a change of address to Florida.

Here you go.

But the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance is making sure that high earners who try to leave don’t escape without an audit and a bill. New York conducted about 3,000 “nonresidency” audits a year between 2010 and 2017, collecting around $1 billion, according to Monaeo, a company that sells an app for tracking and proving tax residency.

More than half of those who were audited lost their cases, and the average collected by New York State between 2015 and 2017 was $144,270 per audit, Monaeo said. In addition to the traditional audit methods the state uses to make sure a taxpayer isn’t gaming the system — like checking taxpayer’s credit card bills and travel schedules — New York officials are using a whole new set of high-tech tools, including tracking cellphone records, social media feeds, and veterinary and dentist records. Auditors are even conducting in-home inspections to look inside taxpayers’ refrigerators.

“If you’re a high earner in New York and you move to Florida, your chances of a residency audit are 100 percent,” said Barry Horowitz, a partner at the WithumSmith+Brown accounting firm. “New York has always been aggressive. But it’s getting worse.”

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I seem to recall reports last year that NY would go after back taxes for certain income levels who showed a change of address to Florida.

Here you go.

....absolutely correct......my employee's ex-boss was dogged for two years.....and now with the purported NYC exodus to which Brainless Billy says, "so what", Big Fredo may need to expand his "Gestapo Tax Exodus Squad"......

• Like (+1) 1

Bye bye NY. 

https://theirrelevantinvestor.com/2020/08/13/bye-bye-new-york/

FTA and so true 

“There’s no reason to do business in New York…I can do the same volume in Florida in the same square feet as I would have in New York, with my expenses being much less. The idea was that branding and locations were important, but the expense of being in this city has overtaken the marketing group that says you have to be there.”

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2020 at 11:24 AM, IDBillzFan said:

Here you go.

You don't even have to be that high of an earner, my uncle got the audit when he officially moved last year. I am not sure how it came out but he is not some multimillionaire but they want every dollar they can from him.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/16/2020 at 1:18 AM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

The phrase "over-officious jerks" comes to mind.

• Like (+1) 1

…...THE perfect Christmas gift....BTW, the lipstick on his arse is HIS OWN...SMH...……………..

Cuomo to publish book on coronavirus response amid nursing home deaths backlash

'Cuomo writing a book [about] leadership in China Virus is like having Harvey Weinstein write a book called 'How to Treat a Lady,' former Gov. Mike Huckabee tweeted

By Evie Fordham | Fox News

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is publishing a book on his response to the coronavirus pandemic that has killed nearly 19,000 people in his state, his publishing company announced on Tuesday.

"American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic" will go on sale on Oct. 13, Crown Publishing said.

The news comes the day after Cuomo addressed the Democratic National Convention and called the virus' spread a metaphor for a country weakened by division. New York state has one of the lowest infection rates in the U.S., a welcome contrast to the spring, when it had one of the highest.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/andrew-cuomo-book-coronavirus-new-york

Cuomo calls coronavirus the ‘European virus’ in Trump-bashing DNC speech

by Megan Henney

Original Article

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo slammed President Trump's response to the coronavirus pandemic during his Monday night speech to the Democratic National Convention, accusing the White House of "negligence" even as his own administration drew flak for thousands of deaths in New York's nursing homes. "Our collective strength is exercised through government. It is, in effect, our immune system. And our current federal government is dysfunctional and incompetent. It couldn't fight off the virus. In fact, it didn't even see it coming. The European virus infected the northeast while the White House was still fixated on China," Cuomo said during his speech, an apparent counterpoint

EQFQRmB.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

…...THE perfect Christmas gift....BTW, the lipstick on his arse is HIS OWN...SMH...……………..

Cuomo to publish book on coronavirus response amid nursing home deaths backlash

'Cuomo writing a book [about] leadership in China Virus is like having Harvey Weinstein write a book called 'How to Treat a Lady,' former Gov. Mike Huckabee tweeted

By Evie Fordham | Fox News

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is publishing a book on his response to the coronavirus pandemic that has killed nearly 19,000 people in his state, his publishing company announced on Tuesday.

"American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic" will go on sale on Oct. 13, Crown Publishing said.

The news comes the day after Cuomo addressed the Democratic National Convention and called the virus' spread a metaphor for a country weakened by division. New York state has one of the lowest infection rates in the U.S., a welcome contrast to the spring, when it had one of the highest.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/andrew-cuomo-book-coronavirus-new-york

I just don't get it. This tool couldn't be any more unlikable.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dhg said:

...it's the "NYC Luvfest".....NYC hates Bumblin' Billy so Big Fredo attacks him and the Dems there love it/him...what nursing home deaths????.......other than NYC, EVERY county in NYS is "red".......

Andrew Cuomo, Serial Killer

by Daniel John Sobieski

Original Article

In an opening night convention speech stunning for the depth and breadth of its chutzpah and hypocrisy, New York governor Andrew Cuomo ignored his own criminal negligence in ushering patients infected with the Chinese Wuhan virus into New York nursing homes, sentencing tens of thousands of vulnerable seniors to death. It was perhaps fitting that the first night of the party of death’s national convention, a party that supports the killing of unborn life on demand up to and even after the moment of birth, featured New York’s angel of nursing-home death.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, dhg said:

There are a lot of people in NY who are convinced he is amazing. They will tell you he did a great job with COVID, right after they tell you that Trump killed 170,000 people.

These people enable him to do what he does, which is to insist he did a great job (in spite of NY being responsible for 20% of US COVID deaths), and Trump did everything wrong (in spite of Trump getting NY supplies as well as the floating hospital) and that it's really the European virus, not something that the entire world knows came from China.

And not a single argument from a single Democrat of any stripe...because to do that, you need the one thing no Democrat has...independent thought. They'll buy his books and vote for him in 2024.

• Like (+1) 2

Mayor de Blasio's wife is branded 'a disgrace' for having staff of 14 - including a $70k videographer who filmed her BAKING COOKIES - while crime soars after $1bn NYPD cuts and trash piles up on streets as 22,000 city job face the chop

● Chirlane McCray enjoys a core team of eight full-time staff who cost the city a combined $1.1 million in annual salaries, according to her office
● Sources told The City she also has at least another six staff who do not feature on the official roster, taking her workforce to 14 with a $2 million price tag
● One staffer is a videographer with a salary of $70,000 who was tasked with filming McCray baking ginger snaps for a social media video during lockdown
● Another is $150,000-a-year senior adviser Dabash Negash who was recruited in April - one week after de Blasio announced a hiring freeze
New Yorkers voiced outrage on Twitter calling the news 'maddening'
● Her 14-strong team comes as her husband warned 22,000 city workers could lose their jobs in the fall due to the toll of the pandemic on the city's budget
● De Blasio has already axed $1 billion from the NYPD budget while crime surges
● Cuts have also been made to essential public services leaving rubbish piled in the streets and homelessness rife  

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Mayor de Blasio's wife is branded 'a disgrace' for having staff of 14 - including a $70k videographer who filmed her BAKING COOKIES - while crime soars after $1bn NYPD cuts and trash piles up on streets as 22,000 city job face the chop

● Chirlane McCray enjoys a core team of eight full-time staff who cost the city a combined $1.1 million in annual salaries, according to her office
● Sources told The City she also has at least another six staff who do not feature on the official roster, taking her workforce to 14 with a $2 million price tag
● One staffer is a videographer with a salary of $70,000 who was tasked with filming McCray baking ginger snaps for a social media video during lockdown
● Another is $150,000-a-year senior adviser Dabash Negash who was recruited in April - one week after de Blasio announced a hiring freeze
New Yorkers voiced outrage on Twitter calling the news 'maddening'
● Her 14-strong team comes as her husband warned 22,000 city workers could lose their jobs in the fall due to the toll of the pandemic on the city's budget
● De Blasio has already axed $1 billion from the NYPD budget while crime surges
● Cuts have also been made to essential public services leaving rubbish piled in the streets and homelessness rife  

</snip>

...not sure what the beef is BG...isn't "$850+ mil unaccounted for in government funds" the norm?.....doesn't "hubby having the check book" legitimize everything?.....

• Like (+1) 3