New York (again)

9 minutes ago, GG said:

Are these people f'ng insane?   Do they know how much is costs to heat northeast houses with electric?  Do they understand how the electricity is generated?  Do they understand how electricity is distributed?  Do they understand what happens to the grid when you load more capacity on it without upgrading the grid?  Do they understand what happens to that all-electric house when a WINTER storm knocks out power for over 2 days?

Yes, no, no , no, no, no

• Like (+1) 5

21 minutes ago, GG said:

Are these people f'ng insane?   Do they know how much is costs to heat northeast houses with electric?  Do they understand how the electricity is generated?  Do they understand how electricity is distributed?  Do they understand what happens to the grid when you load more capacity on it without upgrading the grid?  Do they understand what happens to that all-electric house when a WINTER storm knocks out power for over 2 days?

It'll be okay because starting in 2020 all new homes being built must include solar panels. So in about 200 years, no one in CA will have to worry about power outages any more.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GG said:

We moved from Buffalo to CT in 1973 and my folks bought a house that had just been built by a contractor who went under so they got a great deal.  But, that was the brief period during/after the oil scare where lots of new construction was all-electric.

So, I heard my Dad say "if you're cold, put a sweater on" about a thousand times.   Any room not being occupied was kept at 55 degrees.  65 if we were in the room.

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How about I just stop listening when you talk Andy.

EgXLQiLXYAIfoSW?format=png&name=small

EgXLRUtXoAMeUcV?format=png&name=small

No, Prince Andrew, what you did and continue to do is indefensible.

• Like (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, B-Man said:

How about I just stop listening when you talk Andy.

EgXLQiLXYAIfoSW?format=png&name=small

EgXLRUtXoAMeUcV?format=png&name=small

That is totally incorrect. CDC said a test is not needed if you've been in contact AND you don't exhibit any symptoms.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

More dispatches from DiBlasio's Utopian paradise

Lu says in addition to being concerned about COVID-19 spreading among the large crowds that gather, they're also seeing an uptick in other concerning behavior like graffiti, broken bottles, and open drug use.

"These revel scooters, 3 kids on them joyriding down the sidewalk. Not on the street, on the sidewalk," Lu said. "My wife is pregnant. She's almost been run over 3 times."

"I would just like to get some sleep past 1 a.m. I would like to sleep earlier than that, but that's when the party here starts," resident Glory Lu said. "So finally we have to do something about it."

That something they did was hire private security funded by donations from residents.

They say they talked to the NYPD, but it was a dead end.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 8/25/2020 at 2:53 PM, KD in CA said:

We moved from Buffalo to CT in 1973 and my folks bought a house that had just been built by a contractor who went under so they got a great deal.  But, that was the brief period during/after the oil scare where lots of new construction was all-electric.

So, I heard my Dad say "if you're cold, put a sweater on" about a thousand times.   Any room not being occupied was kept at 55 degrees.  65 if we were in the room.

Just think, your dad gave Jimmy Carter his whole energy platform.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

I am so tired of New York State insulting us right to our faces.

I am getting out of here when I can convince my wife

If you are serious and need help convincing her of Orlando FL I can help. My wife calls me the chambers of commerce.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If you are serious and need help convincing her of Orlando FL I can help. My wife calls me the chambers of commerce.

My daughter lived there a few years.

She free-lanced works for Disney and Universal.

A lot of traffic, but I enjoyed it.

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

I worked for 8 years at a long term facility.

For God's sake you needed everything in triplicate just to move a resident from one room to the other.

This is Horsesh*t.

The wife and I planned on getting out about 2 years ago now, and finally came to fruition at the beginning of this year.

My parents also decided to move with us.

Best decision we ever made I feel.

12 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Gov. Cuomo says: "Trump better have an army to protect him if he comes to NYC"

No surprise there, Andy in Albany won't even protect the law abiding citizens of N.Y.C.

...too busy keeping NYC restaurants closed.....probably a good idea so patrons don't get shot..............

Cuomo stands firm on NYC indoor dining ban

Published 2 hours ago
Updated 56 mins ago

NEW YORK - Gov. Andrew Cuomo says he won't let New York City reopen its restaurants for indoor dining until the city comes up with a plan to make sure they are following regulations to reduce the spread of the coronavirus.

The governor said that he thinks restaurants should open in New York City but that the state doesn't have enough personnel to monitor the city's 27,000-plus eateries.

“These institutions are under dire economic circumstances,” Cuomo said in a phone call with reporters Thursday. “And we know that compliance has to happen.”

Cuomo is facing pressure from the restaurant industry, which has seen business plummet amid the pandemic and hundreds of workers seeking unemployment assistance. Over 300 restaurant owners who want to reopen have sued New York City and the state, seeking more than $2 billion, over the continued ban on indoor dining.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/cuomo-stands-firm-on-nyc-indoor-dining-ban

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

There, fixed it. That's what Andy really meant.

....NYS is broke....Big Fredo for years has shown gross fiscal mismanagement......now he's whining to the Feds for 59 BILLION.......do some quick math on the lost sales tax revenues for 27,000 NYC restaurants.......59 billion handout?...give 'em 5 bucks and a bag of Halite to pound.....he'll be the Dem's boy in 2024, so buy his Covid-19 Handbook early.....will be a treasure....

On 9/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

NYC gov't is the largest landlord in the city and the housing is completely trashed, and he wants to build more?  How about fixing the crappy housing that you're in charge of Mr Mayor?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....NYS is broke....Big Fredo for years has shown gross fiscal mismanagement......now he's whining to the Feds for 59 BILLION.......do some quick math on the lost sales tax revenues for 27,000 NYC restaurants.......59 billion handout?...give 'em 5 bucks and a bag of Halite to pound.....he'll be the Dem's boy in 2024, so buy his Covid-19 Handbook early.....will be a treasure....

I think i'll wait until his book ends up at the dollar store.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

NYC gov't is the largest landlord in the city and the housing is completely trashed, and he wants to build more?  How about fixing the crappy housing that you're in charge of Mr Mayor?

...read an article about a glut of vacancies....13,000 apartments now in Manhattan alone........

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

I think i'll wait until his book ends up at the dollar store.

....beyond my budget....will just keep checking neighbors' recycle bins.........gotta be some Dems around here................

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...read an article about a glut of vacancies....13,000 apartments now in Manhattan alone........

....beyond my budget....will just keep checking neighbors' recycle bins.........gotta be some Dems around here................

The worst rental market in decades

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Interesting. Did not know that. Is it mostly affordable housing, or are you talking corporate as well?

If there was a private slumlord that operated the way this outfit has, the news wouldn't stop running the abuses.

Just a sampling - 

https://www.governing.com/topics/health-human-services/gov-new-york-city-public-housing-authority.html

Mold, Rats and No Hot Water: Will Federal Oversight Improve Public Housing in New York?

The city keeps getting slapped for the poor condition of its public housing. Nothing has changed so far.
J. BRIAN CHARLES   |   MAY 2019

https://www.pix11.com/news/monica-makes-it-happen/families-say-nycha-is-closing-tickets-without-making-repairs