New York (again)

Cuomo said that he wouldn't allow indoor dining in NYC to resume until there was a designated group assigned to patrolling it 

Sooooo.....the problem is not enough loyal enforcement agents to mandate compliance with the unquestioned policies of the ruler.   Huh.

In other news, when can we get rid of Trump and all the 'right wing fascists'?

• Like (+1) 1

City indoor dining will start with restrictions on September 30. Here is an email I received from the City:

Dear small business partner,  

With COVID-19 positivity rates hovering at or below 1% for over a month, we are excited to announce that restaurants will be able to offer limited indoor dining beginning on September 30th! This is a huge win for our small business community, and we are so grateful to all New Yorkers for the hard work that went into keeping COVID-19 rates so low.  
S.gif

Early Guidance for Indoor Dining 

Restaurants will be allowed to reopen for indoor dining beginning on September 30th.

They will be subject to rigorous inspection protocols and strict occupancy limits. Some requirements for restaurants include: 
  • Serve customers at a maximum of 25% capacity 
  • Conduct temperature checks at every front door 
  • Collect Test & Trace data from at least one customer at each table 
  • Close bar tops for seating 
  • Offer COVID-19 protections like PPE for employees 
  • Space tables six feet apart 

If New York City hits 2% in COVID-19 positivity rates, the City will immediately reassess.

Once indoor dining begins, the public will be able to call 833-208-4160 to make a report or text VIOLATION to 855-904-5036.  

Please continue to watch for emails from us as more information will be shared in the coming weeks leading up to September 30th.  
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, snafu said:

City indoor dining will start with restrictions on September 30. Here is an email I received from the City:

With COVID-19 positivity rates hovering at or below 1% for over a month, we are excited to announce that restaurants will be able to offer limited indoor dining beginning on September 30th! This is a huge win for our small business community, and we are so grateful to all New Yorkers for the hard work that went into keeping COVID-19 rates so low.  
S.gif

Restaurants will be allowed to reopen for indoor dining beginning on September 30th.

They will be subject to rigorous inspection protocols and strict occupancy limits. Some requirements for restaurants include: 

If New York City hits 2% in COVID-19 positivity rates, the City will immediately reassess.

Once indoor dining begins, the public will be able to call 833-208-4160 to make a report or text VIOLATION to 855-904-5036.  

Please continue to watch for emails from us as more information will be shared in the coming weeks leading up to September 30th.  

I don't think this will stop that lawsuit from going forward as 25% capacity will not allow the restaurants to meet costs, let alone make a profit.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I don't think this will stop that lawsuit from going forward as 25% capacity will not allow the restaurants to meet costs, let alone make a profit.

Well I believe that the City is slow-rolling it to see how “back to school” goes. If there’s no spike then I’m of the opinion that we will see 50%. 

Then the next big step is what they do when the weather turns cold and outdoor seating becomes impossible. 

I’ll check out the link you posted but it’s my impression that it is a loser argument to force the City to relax restrictions quicker than they want to (whether I agree with that or not). 

• Like (+1) 1

He should have told them he was there for a "peaceful protest." <_<

LI Teen Arrested For Attempting To Attend In-Person Classes After Suspension

A Long Island teen who was suspended for showing up for class on a day when he was meant to be doing remote learning has now been arrested.

William Floyd High School senior Maverick Stow, 17, showed up for class on Tuesday morning – a day when he was meant to stay home to learn remotely – and was given a five-day suspension.

On Wednesday, Stow returned to school and after school officials say he continued to display “insubordinate behavior,” cops were called, and he was removed from campus and issued a trespassing ticket.

</snip>

On Thursday, the 17-year-old continued his protest by showing up for class again – but this time, he was arrested and taken to the 7th Precinct.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

He should have told them he was there for a "peaceful protest." <_<

LI Teen Arrested For Attempting To Attend In-Person Classes After Suspension

A Long Island teen who was suspended for showing up for class on a day when he was meant to be doing remote learning has now been arrested.

William Floyd High School senior Maverick Stow, 17, showed up for class on Tuesday morning – a day when he was meant to stay home to learn remotely – and was given a five-day suspension.

On Wednesday, Stow returned to school and after school officials say he continued to display “insubordinate behavior,” cops were called, and he was removed from campus and issued a trespassing ticket.

</snip>

On Thursday, the 17-year-old continued his protest by showing up for class again – but this time, he was arrested and taken to the 7th Precinct.

</snip>

Where are the counselors to interface with this troubled teen?  

And, blame the parent for naming him Maverick. :pirate:  

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Heck of a job, Andy.  <_<

Like many others, we are now looking elsewhere to live (not Florida, been there, done that, too hot for me).

My two escape plans are either Greenville SC or Bozeman MT if the unthinkable happens and FL goes completely crazy. Both cities were great to work in and the people were awesome.

• Like (+1) 2

On September 10, 2020 at 11:08 AM, snafu said:

S.gif

Does bullet point 3 translate to:

help us spy on at least one person per table?

Edited by 4merper4mer

Stopped by a friend's apartment this week to lift his spirits.  He lives between Penn Station & Port Authority.   It's truly a return to the 80's.   The streets don't feel safe at all and his building hired private security to guard the block.  There was virtually no police presence in the area, when in the past 20+ years they were everpresent in this neighborhood.   Good luck to the tourists if they ever come back to midtown.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 9/18/2020 at 7:06 AM, GG said:

Stopped by a friend's apartment this week to lift his spirits.  He lives between Penn Station & Port Authority.   It's truly a return to the 80's.   The streets don't feel safe at all and his building hired private security to guard the block.  There was virtually no police presence in the area, when in the past 20+ years they were everpresent in this neighborhood.   Good luck to the tourists if they ever come back to midtown.

Amazing how visible the decent into chaos is now.  I wonder how long it’ll take until thugs commit a crime heinous enough to get people to start demanding accountability again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Amazing how visible the decent into chaos is now.

I wonder how long it’ll take until thugs commit a crime heinous enough to get people to start demanding accountability again.

Do Senators voting for a Supreme Court Justice count ?

😎

On 9/18/2020 at 10:06 AM, GG said:

Doesn’t sound like it was a great place before if it needed so much police presence? 

11 minutes ago, Q-baby! said:

Doesn’t sound like it was a great place before if it needed so much police presence? 

Yeah, living in Midtown Manhattan sucked. That is why 2 bedroom condos ran for 4-10 million dollars. Are you (and your other screen names) this stupid about every topic? 

Actually, this was a dumb question. Sorry.

19 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah, living in Midtown Manhattan sucked. That is why 2 bedroom condos ran for 4-10 million dollars. Are you (and your other screen names) this stupid about every topic? 

Actually, this was a dumb question. Sorry.

😂😂😂 Just because losers are willing to overpay for a condo doesn’t make it a great place to live. The fact that you think that way says a lot about your intelligence. 

What are my other screen names oh douche from NYC? 

14 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Sure, folks usually pay millions upon millions to live in an undesirable place. You do realize how dumb you come off, no? You, and your other nitwit aliases.

Yes, losers who want to pretend that they are “important.” 

Please, name one other screen name that I have. 

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Amazing how visible the decent into chaos is now.  I wonder how long it’ll take until thugs commit a crime heinous enough to get people to start demanding accountability again.

...not in this day and age......the thugs are twisted into being victims...."society MUST have failed them to act in this way"......Psychobabble 101...........