Bills potential interest in Pats UFA LG Joe Thuney?

YoloinOhio

On 1/28/2020 at 11:03 PM, GG said:

Lee Smith is a former Pat*

I think that was before Thuney was there, though. Smith was originally drafted by the Pats in the 5th round in 2011 but was cut before the season started. 

I searched around a bit but couldn't find any super clear connection between Thuney and a Bills player, but I didn't search that much...half a Google... a Goog... not the full Google. 

You draft and develop guards. You don’t break the bank for them by signing some other teams free agent.

There is a reason guards seldom go in the first round of a draft.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

On 1/29/2020 at 10:03 AM, HappyDays said:

I don't know his exact schtick but it seems like he makes a lot of guesses based on team needs and who players have as agents. His Twitter profile says he is an "NFL Insider" but doesn't say how he got those connections. Is he a media guy? Former scout? His profile says he is a "frequent contributor on national radio." Ok... what national radio? I listen to plenty of spots radio and never heard him before.

Most NFL insiders appear to be unlicensed proctologists and are as full of the product of that specialty.

9 hours ago, Limeaid said:

But they had a all pro RT! (or so I heard from P*t fans)

That must be why they trade us a decent pick for a guy we were going to cut.

5 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You draft and develop guards. You don’t break the bank for them by signing some other teams free agent.

There is a reason guards seldom go in the first round of a draft.

Sometimes there are exceptions.

12 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

That must be why they trade us a decent pick for a guy we were going to cut.

Sometimes there are exceptions.

We will differ. I'm sure we will have people agreeing with the both of us.

Tackles, yes. Center, yes. Not guards.

53 minutes ago, Magox said:

I wouldn't be upset but it doesn't seem logical to me for the Bills to pay THAT much money for a guard. 

Sounds like the Jets want him bad and they are desperate on the OL. Maybe Beane is just going to fake drive up his price and doesn’t really intend to sign him. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

A) You have to be extremely careful with Pats OL. Nate Solder was the best LT in football!

B) Thuney is more of a finesse guard, and what this line needs is a mauler. 

Hope this doesn't come to fruition.

Didn’t Trent brown also earn a huge contract after filling that LT slot? If I remember correctly he got demoted to RT for the raiders by the start of the season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Didn’t Trent brown also earn a huge contract after filling that LT slot? If I remember correctly he got demoted to RT for the raiders by the start of the season. 

He was signed to play RT from the start. Raiders had a 1st round pick training at LT. I know I know the contract.......ITS THE RAIDERS.