The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 hour ago, GG said:

Puevo is equally wrong in his analysis, because he doesn't account for the viral effects across geographies and countries.  It's quaint to say that the virus doesn't recognize national boundaries, but the real impact across neighboring countries begs to differ.   

To me the best statistical explanation is this little chart, and it mirrors the spread fairly well.  Do the histograph of infections in the green zone and a pattern certainly emerges.

0_ejm_YFNY0zBIs56j.png?itok=mC3ahOXk

Pueyo links to an article on temps and virus, which suggests there "may" be an impact. Looking at the data for Australia and Brazil, however, both are on exponential growth paths currently.

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Cuomo is such a fraud. Yesterday he says if we can even save one life this is all worth it.

Well, there is a way he can save MANY from getting infected but he fails to do so.

People lapping up what he spews cracks me the ***** up. People are morons.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Should've added, the issue is we just don't know yet. Regarding his second article, he suggests extreme measures would take 2-3 weeks to get the R0 factor down. However, with fewer people infected, we could expect another burst late fall.  That would give us the time to prepare though.  

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Cuomo is such a fraud. Yesterday he says if we can even save one life this is all worth it.

Well, there is a way he can save MANY from getting infected but he fails to do so.

People lapping up what he spews cracks me the ***** up. People

are morons.

Agreed. I keep harping on it , but it was pointed out in Friday’s NY Post that the lack of ventilators in NYS can be traced back to Cuomo in 2015. He decided not to include their purchase in the budget. He’s a fraud of the highest order and wants to score political points by blaming Trump. NYers should see that the emperor truly has no clothes in this case. Cuomo”s priorities are things such as his bloated Medicaid program and giving drivers licenses to illegals, not prepping for a pandemic. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Helicopter money, sorry wrong thread, but interesting. https://www.ft.com/content/abd6bbd0-6a9f-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

All deficit spending is essentially helicopter money. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Agreed. I keep harping on it , but it was pointed out in Friday’s NY Post that the lack of ventilators in NYS can be traced back to Cuomo in 2015. He decided not to include their purchase in the budget. He’s a fraud of the highest order and wants to score political points by blaming Trump. NYers should see that the emperor truly has no clothes in this case. Cuomo”s priorities are things such as his bloated Medicaid program and giving drivers licenses to illegals, not prepping for a pandemic. 

At least he doesn't get into petty squabbles with reporters...

of course, you guys would've criticized him for wasting money on ventilators back then anyway.

17 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

My impressions of Cuomo during this trying time:

He is on top of things and appears to have risen to the crisis.

Today was the first time I sensed that he was equivocating to the point where at a later date he could blame the Feds for something going wrong.

He loves to hear himself talk, especially in front of a camera. He sees this crisis as a possible stepping stone to POTUS.

Oh, did I say he loves to hear himself talk? My understanding is that if he and Schumer are together and there is a camera around, Schumer is the one that ends of holding Cuomo's beer. 

NYC is huge with lots of people. Might need a tons of ventilators. (not going into politics). Just makes sense going to need hell of lot more of them.

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

All deficit spending is essentially helicopter money. 

At least he doesn't get into petty squabbles with reporters...

of course, you guys would've criticized him for wasting money on ventilators back then anyway.

Oh, ok sure. Cuomo wastes money, but I doubt many here would have critiqued that purchase. He doesn’t get into squabbles with reporters because they’re on his side ! The media is largely an extension of the Democratic Party and has been for quite some time. 

Just now, PetermansRedemption said:

Looks like any hope at a quick stimulus bill is crumbling currently. Schumer and Pelosi left the meeting. 

They would like nothing better than economic ruin for the middle class. Sign them up permanently for benefit programs and secure their votes. Prosperity is for the ruling class, not the peasants. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

NYC is huge with lots of people. Might need a tons of ventilators. (not going into politics). Just makes sense going to need hell of lot more of them.

NEW YORK’S VENTILATOR RATIONING PLAN. “Cuomo could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece or a total of $576 million in 2015. It’s a lot of money but less than the $750 million he threw away on a boondoggle ‘Buffalo Billion’ solar panel factory. When it comes to state budget priorities, spending half a percent of the budget on ventilators is a no brainer.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Question: Is there any danger we could flood the economy with too many dollars here? It sure looks like this government response to the crisis will make 2008 look like small potatoes. Can we just print up money and not worry? I’ll hang up and listen for your response 

when we look in the review mirror, 2008 is going to be small potatoes. 

and yes, did QE matter?

44 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

No.  I believe that you are working for a leftist think tank after you responded to an ad along the lines of "Work from home.  Make 2-3K dollars per week............."

so... a laundromat. you were right.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

People lapping up what he spews cracks me the ***** up. People are morons.

Did he shut down NYC or the whole state? 

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

They would like nothing better than economic ruin for the middle class. Sign them up permanently for benefit programs and secure their votes. Prosperity is for the ruling class, not the peasants. 

Republicans are probably taking advantage of the situation to get their clients more money from the public trough. Fix Main Street first and foremost! 

An additional $425 billion would be designated for loans and loan guarantees meant to rescue “eligible businesses, states or municipalities.” This part of the bill has attracted particular attention from Democrats, some of whom have alleged it would give the Treasury Department broad sway to direct funds to specific companies that have appealed to the White House. President Trump has already talked about how he wants to help the cruise industry and the hotel industry, but dozens of other industries have pleaded for assistance as well. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) called the bucket of money a “slush fund to boost favored companies and corporate executives - while they continue to pull down huge paychecks and fire their workers."

Total no go. Handing Trump this money would be enabling a crook to shake down businesses. Given Trump that power would be criminal. He cannot be trusted. He's already proved that. Create some sort of board that determines where the money goes with Dems and GOP on it. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Nothing like bragging about intentionally trying to bother people during a crisis. What a guy.

Lol, making more friends I see. Good afternoon DR 

2 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

Do making things up make you feel better lol?  Like you know my career is good, so you make up false facts about it to make yourself feel better?  Go ahead, it doesn't bother me haha

Oh the irony. Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And the NCSC just proved how uninformed @Crayola64 is. Why, it was just yesterday he claimed the CCP didn't start the whole "the virus started in the US/calling the virus Chinese virus is racist". 

Oops. 

God even the tweets you quote are rambling.  You still haven't shown that it was china who started the "Chinese virus" is racist.  No one is saying China doesn't engage in rampant propaganda and influence.  You are an idiot

Just now, Crayola64 said:

God even the tweets you quote are rambling.  You still haven't shown that it was china who started the "Chinese virus" is racist.  No one is saying China doesn't engage in rampant propaganda and influence.  You are an idiot

Wrong. 

Again. 

Could just admit it -- but you'd rather be dishonest and go down with the ship. Because, as you've proven beyond a doubt with you're weird flex of "I'm PRO abortion!", you're a truly ***** up person with nothing of value to offer. 

46 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Oh, ok sure. Cuomo wastes money, but I doubt many here would have critiqued that purchase. He doesn’t get into squabbles with reporters because they’re on his side ! The media is largely an extension of the Democratic Party and has been for quite some time. 

So Fox news is not part of the media?

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong. 

Again. 

Could just admit it -- but you'd rather be dishonest and go down with the ship. Because, as you've proven beyond a doubt with you're weird flex of "I'm PRO abortion!", you're a truly ***** up person with nothing of value to offer. 

Keep changing the goalposts when you can't prove something.  Show me the first time China started the Chinese Virus IS RAYCIST narrative.  If they started it, then it would be the earliest example of it.

I know you can't do it with actual evidence.  Because you made it up.  

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Fox news is establishment. 

Just like ABC/NBC/CNN/MSNBC/NYT/WaPo et al. 

Like with all outlets, some good content/reporting can be found but you have to REALLY dig for it and hone that discernment. 

Keep ignoring the fact you can't show the China started the racist narrative (because the media told you they did).  People were saying it well before China (fact, you are wrong), before china lumped their propaganda on top of it

You just parrot this weird internet twitter/reddit narrative that everyone is being tricked by the media and influencers, as if that is not the exact thing you do four HOURS a day on the internet  

Edited by Crayola64

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong. 

Again. 

Where did China start that argument? 

7 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Keep ignoring the fact you can't show the China started the racist narrative (because the media told you they did).  People were saying it well before China (fact, you are wrong), before china lumped their propaganda on top of it

No no, China didn't do it.  The chinese sympathizers, Democrats, did.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Where did China start that argument? 

They didn't, he made it up or got the idea from tweet (his source of his thoughts).  

DR, no one is saying China didn't engage in propaganda or join the argument, we are just calling utter bull#### on your baseless post saying China started it.  

Try not just re-posting lies that trick you.  

Just now, CoudyBills said:

No no, China didn't do it.  The chinese sympathizers, Democrats, did.

That very well might be true (it sounds like a very liberal concept lol), I don't know.  I know China didn't do it (that was a DR lie)

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Hmmmm ..... so let me guess....I am guessing you did not review that 2015 budget in detail....but if you did....tell us.....You would have said “No....we need these ventilators kept in the budget for insurance”

They didn't, he made it up or got the idea from tweet (his source of his thoughts).  

DR, no one is saying China didn't engage in propaganda or join the argument, we are just calling utter bull#### on your baseless post saying China started it.  

Good luck with that, he's been posting fake garbage here for years. Conspiracy this, Clinton killed them here, Mueller is a witch doctor there and btw, Joe Biden was a Nazi Concentration camp guard! lol! Yes he was ??

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Keep ignoring the fact you can't show the China started the racist narrative (because the media told you they did). 

The media who is owned by the CCP you mean? 

Yeah, you're an asshat who knows nothing about what's happening. You keep proving it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

So you repost all those tweets? Your assmudgeonry is strong. BTW, how much do you charge to kill a child?

4 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

That very well might be true (it sounds like a very liberal concept lol), I don't know.  I know China didn't do it (that was a DR lie)

Damn you, how dare you answer logically.  :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The media who is owned by the CCP you mean? 

Yeah, you're an asshat who knows nothing about what's happening. You keep proving it.

Ahhh, so you have no evidence.  The old "I have no evidence, but whoever started it, WAS ACTUALLY CHINA" trick!

I like your strategy of posting so much nonsense that getting called out on lies is not a big deal.  Move on liar.  

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

So you repost all those tweets? Your assmudgeonry is strong. BTW, how much do you charge to kill a child?

Fetuses aren't children, but keep your weird abortion thoughts to the abortion thread.  

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

Ahhh, so you have no evidence.  The old "I have no evidence, but whoever started it, WAS ACTUALLY CHINA" trick!

I like your strategy of posting so much nonsense that getting called out on lies is not a big deal.  Move on liar.  

I posted multiple pieces of evidence. You ignore them. Because you're a dishonest asshat who doesn't understand that the US media is in bed with the CCP, and has been since the early 2000s when their parent companies (who are all in my business) figured out there was more money in China than here to spend on their products. 

You're 100% wrong. 

China has been pushing disinformation on Corona since the beginning. The first outlets who pushed "it's racist to say that!" are CCP shops. 

Facts are stubborn things. 

9 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

I know China didn't do it 

Good Lord .

What else do you need to know about Crayola's foolishness.

CORONAVIRUS: Globalization is the first casualty.

“The suddenness with which this has happened is also stunning. The globalists who excoriated Trump as a racist xenophobe might have to face the fact that events have been proving him right: we do need to make America great again. It’s not academic, it’s not just a campaign slogan. It’s a reality staring us in the face.”

• Like (+1) 2

The whole "chinese virus is racist" narrative is classic woke liberalism.  I don't agree with it, and I don't care.  But saying China started it, and not liberals, needs proof.

Moving the goalposts once you get shown up. 

Because you're an asshat. 

Your original position was that the media wasn't parroting the CCP. They are. And have been from the start. You lost that argument, so instead of admitting it, you change the subject and claim victory. 

Your ***** is tired and weak, old man.