The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

35 minutes ago, GG said:

Figures the pandemic would get you out of the fox hole.  What's up at CDC?

Three months I've been tracking this.  Since two weeks before this thread started.  Still haven't found a single number, reliable or otherwise, for the morbidity rate of nCOVID-19.  It's ridiculous.  The mortality rate varies only by how much testing a country does - more testing, less deaths.  That's a clear indication that no one has any ***** idea what's going on.

I hit Costo two weeks ago for non-perishables, figuring everyone was about to go nuts over this.  And a couple weeks ago, someone asked me if they should take their planned trip to Costa Rica last week.  I said "Sure, you'll be fine.  It'll be the week of the 13th that the ***** hits the fan."  I mention that only because my predictions have nailed all of this so far.  So I'll make this prediction: this will all start to unwind and get back to normal probably just after Easter.

Mostly, this is not nearly as big a crisis as people are acting.  It's a big problem for the elderly, infirm, and immunocompromised, which is no small thing - I'm self-quarantined since yesterday, because my sister-in-law who lives with us has COPD, and if I bring the Kung Flu home, I probably get a bad cold, but it will kill her.  But other than that, and supply chain disruption (i.e. groceries, gasoline)...in a year, we're likely to look back on this and snicker at the overreaction.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bernie right now: "We're all in this together... now let me tell you why Trump has ***** us."

***** off, commie.

Just what the country needs, Bernie Sanders getting on national television and saying we may more lose more people than we did in WW II...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Bernie right now: "We're all in this together... now let me tell you why Trump has ***** us."

***** off, commie.

Bernie's got to be as happy as can be. Usually disease and bodies in the street is 4th or even 5th on the to do list of communist utopias, but here it's built in waiting for him to take office!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Lawfare (as you know) is the heart of the resistance. Their goal is not truth or justice, but to cover up for the coup plotters. 

If there ever was any doubt prior, it's gone now.

Yeah, but that was just batshit crazy. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1