The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

THE LOCKDOWNS, THE MASKS, THE GOVERNMENT’S EFFECTIVE TAKE OVER OF EVERY BUSINESS AND DECISION OF WHO SUCCEEDS AND WHO DOESN’T.  I DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I CAN’T BREATHE:  

New CDC Data On Suicide Shows Americans Can’t Handle Continued Lockdowns.

And you wonder why the Divided States of America is number 1 with infections and deaths.

Keep shooting yourselves in the foot Q-Tips.

Economist video interview with Bill Gates. 

Highlights:

- Change of US admin won't affect Covid outcome.  

- Says the next admin (Trump or Biden) will face the challenge of getting Americans to take the vaccine quickly and get rid of the virus. I see this too. Lots of people just won’t take it, and this thing will be prolonged.

- He is not worried that the vaccines will fail in Phase 3 tests. Says of the 6 candidates, several will work. Fully optimistic about it. There are the left and right anti-vaxxers, but also a new group of people who are afraid of “new vaccines,” that is, most of the people here who responded about vaccines a few months ago. [Gates said you shouldn't be afraid...the software that runs the nanomachines in the new vaccines runs on Windows 3.1 and cannot go more than a few hours without locking up.]

- 4 candidates are very cheap ($2-3/dose) and should make it to developing world, but may not get there quickly because the US isn't leading to help those countries like it has in the past. 

- Phase 3 testing should be done by Q4. 

- timeframe to herd immunity (30% in his view) counting people who have had it + cross-immunity to other coronaviruses + vaccines: In the US, he says sometime 2021 we will be largely over it. 2022 rest of the world.

- key thing is that this has to work well with elderly. Phase I candidates seem to be doing well with older folks (notes that flu vaccines sometimes work poorly for elderly)

- is amazed about the conspiracy stuff...could not have predicted so many people could adopt this conspiracy mindset

Chum for the conspiracy nuts. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If the Pandemic isn't over now in the U.S. it will never be over until a vaccine (that may never happen).  

The "surges" happened in the 3 most populous states in the Union.  And no hospitals were overwhelmed.  Not one person didn't receive care.  No catastrophe.  Yes, people are going to die it's terrible and tragic.  We want to prevent New York as much as possible by protecting the vulnerable.  I don't want to make a 75 year old cancer survivor go to Church as much as I don't want to tell him he can't.  The people can assess the risk.  

The IFR, median age of death, and the very fact that we weathered what we feared we couldn't weather, tell us its time to move on.

Time to learn to live with it.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

- timeframe to herd immunity (30% in his view) counting people who have had it + cross-immunity to other coronaviruses + vaccines: In the US, he says sometime 2021 we will be largely over it. 2022 rest of the world.

Very telling the herd immunity number keeps coming down.  2 months ago proposing a number less than 70% was conspiracy level nutso.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Very telling the herd immunity number keeps coming down.  2 months ago proposing a number less than 70% was conspiracy level nutso.

This is also a very important part.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200716-the-people-with-hidden-protection-from-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR04sWCEbHWpcvaUpZ0T3I5yA5iLoO419-ZOCPPJ8VQPJNIY_FnOpSVgBXQ

3 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

6 days in a row, Florida's positivity rate under 10%

...HUH?...Covid-19 has been cured.....it's off the MSM radar.......now on to KamalaVirus........and a special note that Big Fredo's "Covid-19 Handbook" is due out in October......free copies available in NY nursing homes when you visit your relatives...oh wait......BTW he defines a "nursing home death" as having "died on nursing home soil ONLY"...transfers to hospitals and subsequent deaths do NOT count.......Cuomo in 2024....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

Why is anything still closed down in NYS? A less than 1% positive rate on testing (the last time more than 800 people tested positive in a day was the beginning of June!!!)  Amount of people tested is between 55K and 80K people per day.

Here it is by region.

Cuomo is a horrible human being.  This truly is madness.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gary M said:

Good reporting again!  No big stake in the Trump race, so the BBC actually just reported the facts without the NYT fog.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Why is anything still closed down in NYS? A less than 1% positive rate on testing (the last time more than 800 people tested positive in a day was the beginning of June!!!)  Amount of people tested is between 55K and 80K people per day.

Here it is by region.

He'll let up on the reigns on the first Wednesday after the first Monday in November, after a brutal lockdown in October, for our protection.

Because Il Douche cares.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Here it is by region.

Agree

• Like (+1) 1

Same exact numbers as Virginia.  Who postponed football until February.  Meaning they won't play.  

This is the stuff that parents are going to be reading about the next 2 months....half the country in school, playing sports, the other half no.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — There will be a high school football season, starting next week.

Gov. Mike DeWine officially gave the Ohio High School Athletic Association the green light Tuesday to sanction football games and other fall contact sports, including soccer and field hockey, which had been in a holding pattern during their August practices this month.

The announcement had been expected since DeWine noted Thursday last week that it was coming with guidelines for attendance and other protocols during the coronavirus pandemic. DeWine noted attendance will be limited and will be specified in the next day or two.

https://www.cleveland.com/highschoolsports/2020/08/ohio-high-school-football-cleared-to-begin-by-gov-mike-dewine.html

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Same exact numbers as Virginia.  Who postponed football until February.  Meaning they won't play.  

This is the stuff that parents are going to be reading about the next 2 months....half the country in school, playing sports, the other half no.

COLUMBUS, Ohio — There will be a high school football season, starting next week.

Gov. Mike DeWine officially gave the Ohio High School Athletic Association the green light Tuesday to sanction football games and other fall contact sports, including soccer and field hockey, which had been in a holding pattern during their August practices this month.

The announcement had been expected since DeWine noted Thursday last week that it was coming with guidelines for attendance and other protocols during the coronavirus pandemic. DeWine noted attendance will be limited and will be specified in the next day or two.

https://www.cleveland.com/highschoolsports/2020/08/ohio-high-school-football-cleared-to-begin-by-gov-mike-dewine.html

Already playing out in colleges. My daughter is online. A college that literally shares blocks of buildings with my daughter’s and same size is set to return in a few weeks. 

I want all the colleges to succeed so my daughter can have something like a good freshman year this spring. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Your picture is inaccurate.  Trumpers don’t wear masks to combat the virus.  Please correct this picture and cease promoting your latest hoax. 

All of those masks but one are made to protect incoming particles and would work great for Covid and all of them minimize the outgoing ones. But don’t let facts get in the way of a PPP meme.  

22 minutes ago, shoshin said:

All of those masks but one are made to protect incoming particles and would work great for Covid and all of them minimize the outgoing ones. But don’t let facts get in the way of a PPP meme.  

What people seem to forget is that EVERYTHING you’ve ever done, known, or experienced was done in a world that’s already been through countless health crises in the past. The problem is that virtually nobody alive has experienced a pandemic before. Professional sports? Pretty much all post pandemic. Public education? Pretty much post pandemic. General elections? Pretty much post pandemic. And yet....we were all doing all of that just six months ago without living in media stoked fear. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What people seem to forget is that EVERYTHING you’ve ever done, known, or experienced was done in a world that’s already been through countless health crises in the past. The problem is that virtually nobody alive has experienced a pandemic before. Professional sports? Pretty much all post pandemic. Public education? Pretty much post pandemic. General elections? Pretty much post pandemic. And yet....we were all doing all of that just six months ago without living in media stoked fear. 

2004_01_healthstat.thumb.jpg.b13fabed0cb298de607d94a7861e1716.jpg

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

2004_01_healthstat.thumb.jpg.b13fabed0cb298de607d94a7861e1716.jpg

Thanks, this demonstrates my point. When this all took off back in March, I did some rudimentary searches in America’s death rate. What I found is that with modern medical advancements almost NOBODY under 50 dies in America except for accidentally. There’s ‘some’ early childhood disease but once you get past year one or two you’re pretty much good to go. Nobody even thinks about it! This pandemic, stoked by the media jackals, is no exception. You STILL have almost zero chance of dying from this virus.....and yet.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Koko78 said:

He'll let up on the reigns on the first Wednesday after the first Monday in November, after a brutal lockdown in October, for our protection.

Because Il Douche cares.

..probably will be busy writing his book......perhaps a stocking stuffer for your friends?...………...

A sobering analysis of the excess deaths that the stringent social distancing measures are causing.  It goes back to previous discussions we've had on excess deaths and how it's very likely that the Years Lost will be higher among people who indirectly died from COVID stringent measures as the Years lost to people who directly died from COVID.

What a complete cluster $%#% .   Just shows you that policy makers are morons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If we are indeed at 10x more infected then diagnosed (actual infections), as per the CDC, we are at around 60 million. 

That puts the death rate (IFR) at 0.29.  And that has been a conservative estimate we could easily be at 80 to 90 million infected.  Florida thinks 1 out of every 4 people has or had it.  That number doesn't include those with already built up immunity.  

Per Prof. Levitt....as I and others have pointed out here a dozen times....his theory that 20% infected (60 to 70 million) and 500 deaths per million, the pandemic ends.  We've hit those metrics.  Even Doctor Bill Gates thinks that's the number.  

Hospitals never overwhelmed.  Barely stressed.  Everyone got care.  When we had no idea how to treat or deal with it.  The Southern and Western States that never really locked down and then supposedly reopened "too soon" just showed how to best deal with it and more importantly that we can.  How many lives would have been saved in the NE if they knew then what we know now?

Are we at under 120K dead?  Most likely.  This is the reporting they should be giving us.  

Time to move the freak on.  

We've seen by far the worst of the virus.

First wave was the worst, this last one was considerably less deadly.  Now it's highly likely that this will make new lows in the coming months and we'll probably get one more wave and it will be considerably less deadly than the one we just went through.  Most likely it will hit some Northern and Midwestern cities, including San Francisco.  But since a level of immunity has already been reached in some of them and they are not quite as large population wise along with even better therapeutics, I don't anticipate us hitting above 700 deaths per day (7 day moving average) during the fall or winter.  

Who knows?  But that's my guess.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

...are they writing a "Covid-19 Handbook" like Big Fredo as well?.....Biggie Fry promulgated the "Covid-19 Gateway to The Entire US".......8,000 Chinese nationals passed through NYC AFTER the travel ban UNCHECKED.......his reported (COUGH) 6,000 nursing home deaths ONLY includes those who "died on nursing home soil"....the other purported 5,000+ who were transferred FROM nursing homes TO hospitals where they eventually passed DO NOT COUNT...and yet the NYS new "Teflon Don" usurped his 100+ daily press briefings free of charge to advertise for his 2024 presidential run......

49 minutes ago, Magox said:

We've seen by far the worst of the virus.

First wave was the worst, this last one was considerably less deadly.  Now it's highly likely that this will make new lows in the coming months and we'll probably get one more wave and it will be considerably less deadly than the one we just went through.  Most likely it will hit some Northern and Midwestern cities, including San Francisco.  But since a level of immunity has already been reached in some of them and they are not quite as large population wise along with even better therapeutics, I don't anticipate us hitting above 700 deaths per day (7 day moving average) during the fall or winter.  

Who knows?  But that's my guess.

That's what I'm thinking as well. 

6 hours ago, Magox said:

A sobering analysis of the excess deaths that the stringent social distancing measures are causing.  It goes back to previous discussions we've had on excess deaths and how it's very likely that the Years Lost will be higher among people who indirectly died from COVID stringent measures as the Years lost to people who directly died from COVID.

What a complete cluster $%#% .   Just shows you that policy makers are morons.

...so the study identifies the indirect effects of the lock downs/quarantine measure.......hardly reported by MSM....shocking right?......we have had real life suicide cases identified here by TBD'ers....I've talked to people who had life altering experiences PRIOR TO Covid-19 who find their normal routines being more difficult because of Covid-19 and not because of mandated safety and recommended precautions....they were learning to cope with life altering experiences but this has added another level of complexity to deal with........

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Are we still debating the "Euro-Virus" as Governor Cuomo called it the other night or are we onto another virus now? I've lost track of what we're allowed to say and not say.

...LMAO...." Fraudulent Fredo's" latest nomenclature....wonder what he'll call it in his "handbook" ??..............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy