Brandon Beane got emotional over fan support

YoloinOhio

I think this is worth its own thread. Given how much time and money our fan base devotes to the team. The NFL is a business but sometimes it feels like more than that. Beane had tears in eyes about how bad he felt not winning the game  — for the fans. 

• Like (+1) 16
  • Sad 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love me some Beane.  Great GM, great guy.

Lets face it, the Bills rolled up some W's against some clubs having really poor seasons.  They were good,...pretty close to being very good, but not there yet.  Couldn't beat New England-two chances,,  Couldn't beat a very good Baltimore club, could not beat a decent Philly club at home and lost a heart-breaker at Houston.   They did beat Dallas & Pittsburgh, but in the end neither of those teams were playoff caliber.  So 2020 needs to be a big jump...gotta start beating some of the top-10 teams and Buffalo will have some chances to get it done with a tougher schedule.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I love me some Beane.  Great GM, great guy.

Lets face it, the Bills rolled up some W's against some clubs having really poor seasons.  They were good,...pretty close to being very good, but not there yet.  Couldn't beat New England-two chances,,  Couldn't beat a very good Baltimore club, could not beat a decent Philly club at home and lost a heart-breaker at Houston.   They did beat Dallas & Pittsburgh, but in the end neither of those teams were playoff caliber.  So 2020 needs to be a big jump...gotta start beating some of the top-10 teams and Buffalo will have some chances to get it done with a tougher schedule.

Next year, the division is the target. Even If brady returns, that’s not the same team that should auto own the division anymore. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Our GM is a straight up class act, and I have no doubt that the emotion he showed was the genuine, real deal. I recall him standing there in the Carolina mid-August heat/humidity, signing each and every autograph request and posing for selfies with the fans queued up long after the 2019 joint practice with the Panthers had ended and others who'd also signed were long gone. Anyone else who was there also remember that? Good guy, and competent at his job--that's a bonus combo worth rooting for! 

• Like (+1) 5

My family got a chance to meet him at the Bills/Panther joint camp. Took time to talk to everyone took some pictures and was on his way. I told him thanks for getting us in the playoffs and building a solid team to which he laughed and said "we're not done yet!" 

• Like (+1) 2

The country was behind the Bills. 

Out of my group of friends and family... Im the only Bills fan (Live/d in Miami most of my life). 

Almost everyone i know reached out to me after that game heartbroken for me lol. 

They all wanted us to win.

I wish the NFL and refs felt the same way.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think this is worth its own thread. Given how much time and money our fan base devotes to the team. The NFL is a business but sometimes it feels like more than that. Beane had tears in eyes about how bad he felt not winning the game  — for the fans. 

Then sign some play makers so it does not happen again,  you and Sean think you can win playing caveman football.  

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Then sign some play makers so it does not happen again,  you and Sean think you can win playing caveman football.  

Go away. You sound like you want the reckless approach the Rams put forward... it’s worked out so well for them. A Super Bowl loss, cap problems and no draft picks. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

That was great. Buffalo needs to win more BIG games, and a Championship, so what he is talking about takes a back seat to celebrating over consistent and big-time wins.

Hopefully that will happen with this current organization.

Someday, hopefully in my lifetime I will see 50,000 or more at that Airport welcoming home Champions. Brandon is the best.

• Like (+1) 2