Everybody should be ticked off

McBean

4 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

No one thought Championship. But they shouldn’t have lost this game. There’s no reason they shouldn’t be playing the chiefs next weekend. And that really pisses me off. 

4 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I didn't, but we had the pieces to win that game. 

The coach? That's what worried me going in and definitely even moreso for the future. 

We may have If Ford doesn't get the bogus blind side block penalty.

I understand, its a hard pill to swallow, OT loss is the hardest because the victory was oh so close. It went past the 60 minute mark. 

Two good teams that showed allot of heart today,

someone had to lose...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, par73 said:

I got into this in another thread. This was shocking to me-- we were screaming at the TV to hurry up and move down the field as the clock was ticking down. And then Gore....

I watch a lot of pro and college football, and you rarely see anyone go into a shell like that at the end of a half (unless deep in their own end, of course)-- it is always attack. Bills coaches, on the other hand, always lean toward the ultra-conservative in these spots.

That was on Allen. If you watch it again you see him killing the original play to get to the gore run. Bad situational awareness 

40 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Terrible fans? Seriously?

Say what you want about the franchise but the fans are the farthest thing from terrible...

Passionate fans yes, but discerning fans who expect more than mediocrity and are happy just to wave Pom poms and show up at the airport to celebrate wild card meltdowns?  Maybe not so much 

21 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Have fun living in your misery, don't let me interrupt ya any longer. If you can't see that they improved a lot this year and have a ton of resources to spend this offseason, then I know you're full of it and not worth the time. Please continue.

I'm sorry reality isn't your thing.

Peace out. 

Edited by BillsVet

10 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

Championship calibre teams WIN those games. Otherwise. You are a one and done wild card

Who said we were championship caliber? If you thought we were going from 6-10 to championship this year I don't know what to tell you. This year was always a steppingstone to the next couple of years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Success said:

It would have been better to just get beat.  Once you get a 16 point lead against a 2nd tier team, that should be a win.  

I still can't figure it out.  It's hard not to win that game coming out of the half - but we did it. Credit to Watson for making big plays, but we blew it.

All we can do is hope they learn from it.  Hard way to end the season, for sure.

Us fans identify with the team using "we" and that's a great way to feel part of the team.

I'm sure the players are not happy about what went down today just as we are.

I great quote used by a wise man after a bad defeat went like this, "There's an old saying that 'victory has a 100 fathers and defeat is an orphan'...".

Agree with you, it was a hard way to end the season but I am glad that it was close and hard fought and not a blowout.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

So was the Gore run before Allen's intentional grounding.

Yup. I'm not going all in on the OP's rant, but that call was just awful. No contender is playing for OT in that spot and we seemed 100% content doing so. 

1 hour ago, Cal said:

I agree. Maybe cause we are use to losing so many years, we are happy with anything positive. This team is along way from championship caliber.

I think Bills fans are so used to losing that their happy when people get fired. As if that's the best part of the experience.

Edited by Motorin'

1 hour ago, McBean said:

Anybody on here happy with participation trophies, GTFO. The Bills just had an epic meltdown on national TV to a NOT GOOD Texans team. O, and we haven’t won a playoff game still since 1995.

McClappy and Daboll conservative tails cost us this game. This is what happens when you don’t go for the throat. Bill O’Brien was begging the Bills to beat his team, and they didn’t take advantage.

Running Frank Gore on 2nd down, punting at the Houston 38, and settling for FG’s cost this team. It’s a crying shame this team isn’t playing next week and it’s due to the conservative mindset from the top.

O, and don’t go to the airport and cheer on a team that totally collapsed. Raise the damn standard here and demand more. Ridiculous.

Wasted season, and next year the standard should be nothing less than AFC EAST CHAMPS. If not, heads need to roll.

You're not the boss of me

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Let’s face it, this was a 7-9 team and made the playoffs because of the schedule.

Allen is still a work in progress. 
Whoever is the conservative force on the coaches needs to evolve or go. I fear it is McD and he isn’t going anywhere. His defense choked and his offense doesn’t have enough weapons. 

I try to stay positive, and I see the possibility of a bright future. But the realist in me completely agrees with you, I said 2 weeks ago against Pat's mcd played reactive to belichick, almost scared. And ya defense just gave up which hurts cuz they have been solid. But I agree I've had that uneasy feeling all season we were almost getting away with something. But I'm still proud to say we were a playoff team

1 hour ago, ILBillsfan said:

if next year no playoffs there will be some hot seat talk......

2 years hot seat I'd say. Mcd wont get fired 1 year after a playoff spot. I'd say hes got a 2 year window if Bill's are terrible next year. Not to mention the schedule is tough.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

2 years hot seat I'd say. Mcd wont get fired 1 year after a playoff spot. I'd say hes got a 2 year window if Bill's are terrible next year. Not to mention the schedule is tough.

Probably right but they will have tough decisions with Josh should he not continue to trend up.....few things in play....I think Beane is safe but McD will have a few x y z that go into it

47 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

McD/Daboll allowing Josh to waste nearly 40 seconds before halftime to run the next play from the 1:08 mark. I've lost track at how many pre-halftime failures we've had.

I fear that McD is the conservative one, I thank him for helping clean RWs trash out and creating a good foundation - I do have some concern about his ability to bring us to the next level. The point you make is one of a few season long issues that we have not been able to overcome (Running a screenplay, gore still playing over yeldon, in opportune timeouts, terrible challenges, playing for a FG instead of a TD, etc.)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I mean, it’s not a totally unreasonable standard.

Maybe not 100%, maybe 98% unreasonable.  This organization has lacked stability through a generation.  Who do you suppose we can bring in that you can GUARANTEE will do better than McDermott?  This team IS better than we were with Rexy (and Dougy, and Chany, and Dicky, ...).  This team is deeper than we've been in years.  With draft capital and salary cap money available, this team has the ability to continue to get better as we move forward.  Taking significant steps back is why we were a laughing stock before McD arrived.  Let's not return to the dark ages please.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ILBillsfan said:

Probably right but they will have tough decisions with Josh should he not continue to trend up.....few things in play....I think Beane is safe but McD will have a few x y z that go into it

For sure, he improved this year and showed some serious talent. But like they say a "could be great" qb is worse than a bad QB cuz a bad QB you just move on, a could be great QB you tie up draft picks and years of your franchise just hoping it amounts to something. I still believe in allen and the Bill's I just hope by the end of next year we know what we have at QB and go from there.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

For sure, he improved this year and showed some serious talent. But like they say a "could be great" qb is worse than a bad QB cuz a bad QB you just move on, a could be great QB you tie up draft picks and years of your franchise just hoping it amounts to something. I still believe in allen and the Bill's I just hope by the end of next year we know what we have at QB and go from there.

Yeah! 

2 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We had only given up 22 or more points in 3 games this year, yet give up 22 from the 1:33 mark in the 3rd quarter on? What the hell happen to our defense?

McD/Frasier played scared.  That's what happened.  Yes there were a few execution errors but they played passive football.  Rarely were they aggressive on D.  On the flipside they were passive on O and aggressive when they shouldn't have been.  I love how McD has this team playing but damn these guys.  McD and his play it close attitude.  Daboll and his awkward ass play calling and Frasier playing soft on 3rd and 18.

People can sit there and blame Allen for this because it fits their narrative.  The fact is that these coaches didn't put any of these players in position to succeed for half the game. Not of offense or on defense.  It's been like this all season.  Yeah, Allen missed some.  Guess what... all QBs ***** miss some.  They put way too much pressure on this kid to constantly hit third and longs.  Allen balled out and he made plays.  He was one of the only guys on offense that did outside of Singletary who Dumboll took off the field.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1