Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

The play clock was at 0 for 2 seconds and it would have been 3rd and 24. !@#$ them. Unreal. 

Even Portnoy saw it...

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This ones going to hurt for a while but overall I'm still liking our team. This wasn't really the year I thought they'd make a big run and if nothing else it's great experience for this young team.

Agreed. It sucks to blow a 16 point lead but it's obvious the team is trending upwards. Maybe I've been so beaten down by the last 20 years of failure and my standards have dropped, but I think it's been a great season and with another draft and FA I think we could definitely win the division and get to at least the AFC championship next season.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

And McDermott needs to stop playing it so safe. A 13pt lead ain’t *****. I honestly hope he learns from this. He’s smart enough to. 

I don't think he is. I mean, we've seen the same thing all year, haven't we?

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

2 FGs in the last 3 quarters of play will lose 98 out of 100 playoff games.

Conservative coaching, bad play calling, and Allen's poor decision making really hurt.

Allen is the ONLY reason that game went to OT. Do better.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

3rd and 18

.....on a dump off, no less.  If Watson makes a great throw downfield to a well covered WR I could live with it.

On the looooooooong list we can make, this is by far #1.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro said:

Piling on Allen is short sighted.  Offensive line was porous.  Lack of using Singletary for long stretches.  Defense was not up to the task today.  This is a replay of NE and Baltimore games.  

There was much more wrong with this team today than just Allen. I’m not convinced many QB’s would have won facing those conditions today. However, Allen made some of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen a pro QB make today. I found that very concerning. At the same time we’re watching Watson breaking tackles, making something out of nothing to win the game. Our guy is taking terrible sacks, and trying to toss laterals while being tackled. 

• Like (+1) 1