Mr. Trump's War

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

It didn’t start in ‘79, it started way before that. You don’t want war, you just want a starting date? 

If your argument is simply it started in ‘79, then you are as ignorant as your argument. 

I cant follow your argument because there isn’t one. 

So in your thread starting post you posted:

"From day one Trump was intent on doing economic warfare on Iran and now we have seen that escalate to a shooting war. "

And an hour ago, you state:

"It didn’t start in ‘79, it started way before that."

Do you not see the incongruity of your own statements?

I'm not the kind of guy that gets into keyboard arguments or piles on, but you are one strange source.

The fact is that the "shooting" between Iran, the US and a host of other countries has been going on for decades.

From seizing an embassy, blindfolding and parading people around Tehran, the crap they source in the middle east through proxies, mining the Strait of Hormuz, (viewed in international law as an act of war and thus "shooting"),  launching missiles, running gun boats at ships in international waters, mining a vessel, including the USS Roberts, shooting a drone in international airspace and a host of other things on their side.....

and on ours:

Operation Praying Mantis which basically sunk half their fleet, including dropping an LGB down the stack of the Iranian ship Sabalan, (mistakenly attributed to an A-6, but actually done by an F-18 from my old squadron, go Shrikes, and on and on and on.

Ya. the shooting just started.

'

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...very insensitive....after reading the NY Times piece, he is Iran's "Edgar Allen Poe" and we took him out.........

I just do not think some fathom the level of evil the Iranian regime is. Everyone loves their nice house and toys on the backs of a strong US foreign policy, yet when we have to flex our muscle the leftists are appalled? 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

And 9-11!! 

k6fHhBbh_reasonably_small.jpg

Assisted in the clandestine travel to Afghanistan of 10 of the 12 terrorists who carried out the September 11 terrorist attacks in the United States.
3:05 PM · Jan 3, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Why don’t you show a picture of the Shahs prisons? 

It didn’t start in ‘79, it started way before that. You don’t want war, you just want a starting date? 

If your argument is simply it started in ‘79, then you are as ignorant as your argument. 

I cant follow your argument because there isn’t one. 

We can say the Shiite and Sunni’s have been fighting each other for the last 1000 years. I have been to the middle east and studied it extensively. Bottom line, the majority of Persians are really good people led by a horrible group of Mullahs since 1979. Our failure to act properly back then was a major mistake however the US was still trying to heal from Vietnam. Anyways, war isn’t good- Iran will strike anywhere Americans are regardless if we killed a General- who really is a legitimate target.

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I just do not think some fathom the level of evil the Iranian regime is. Everyone loves their nice house and toys on the backs of a strong US foreign policy, yet when we have to flex our muscle the leftists are appalled? 

They are only appalled if the other side does it. Obama did it righteously though, hundreds or possibly thousands of times. 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

They are only appalled if the other side does it. Obama did it righteously though, hundreds or possibly thousands of times. 

Exactly- what ever happened to one America? It has become so ridiculous. People that have no clue what really goes on in this world are upset we killed an Iranian General especially after how many times we have shown restraint? 

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

We can say the Shiite and Sunni’s have been fighting each other for the last 1000 years. I have been to the middle east and studied it extensively. Bottom line, the majority of Persians are really good people led by a horrible group of Mullahs since 1979. Our failure to act properly back then was a major mistake however the US was still trying to heal from Vietnam. Anyways, war isn’t good- Iran will strike anywhere Americans are regardless if we killed a General- who really is a legitimate target.

...and I was being sarcastic....the regime is woefully EVIL....the suppressed people are not......I took my gang to San Juan for vacation and had coffee daily at Starbuck's with a wonderful woman who lived in Tehran with her husband....it is just hard to fathom how "fighting each other for 1000's of years" continues to foment......discounting how cohabitation could be much better for all warring parties....forget changing it though...SMH.....

24 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and I was being sarcastic....the regime is woefully EVIL....the suppressed people are not......I took my gang to San Juan for vacation and had coffee daily at Starbuck's with a wonderful woman who lived in Tehran with her husband....it is just hard to fathom how "fighting each other for 1000's of years" continues to foment......discounting how cohabitation could be much better for all warring parties....forget changing it though...SMH.....

I knew you were- I was just giving my take. It is next to impossible to change the ideology of terrorist states. Hopefully we can get out of the middle east and let them duke it out- we have spilled enough blood, money, and resources into a region that is ungrateful. 

33 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

One day the may be appalled when these people are on their front door step then chopping off their heads.

....we would NEVER attack their homeland in deference to the general Iranian people who favor us but are suppressed to the point of execution.....attack us on open seas or neutral grounds?....um...."this ain't your father's Oldsmobile...er...Obama Administration"......perhaps "locked and loaded" ??....stay tuned......

Published 3 hours ago
Last Update 2 hours ago

Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander threatens attacks on 'vital' US destroyers, warships

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

A senior military official in Iran threatened an attack on some 35 “American targets,” including “destroyers and warships” near the Persian Gulf Friday night, promising to seek revenge for the killing of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, according to a report.

The latest threat against the U.S. came late Friday night from senior Revolutionary Guards commander Gen. Gholamali Abuhamzeh, a day after top Iranian military general Soleimani was wiped out by an airstrike at Baghdad International Airport.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-revolutionary-guard-commander-attack-destroys-warships-persian-gulf

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....we would NEVER attack their homeland in deference to the general Iranian people who favor us but are suppressed to the point of execution.....attack us on open seas or neutral grounds?....um...."this ain't your father's Oldsmobile...er...Obama Administration"......perhaps "locked and loaded" ??....stay tuned......

Published 3 hours ago
Last Update 2 hours ago

Iranian Revolutionary Guard commander threatens attacks on 'vital' US destroyers, warships

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

A senior military official in Iran threatened an attack on some 35 “American targets,” including “destroyers and warships” near the Persian Gulf Friday night, promising to seek revenge for the killing of Gen. Qassem Soleimani, according to a report.

The latest threat against the U.S. came late Friday night from senior Revolutionary Guards commander Gen. Gholamali Abuhamzeh, a day after top Iranian military general Soleimani was wiped out by an airstrike at Baghdad International Airport.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iran-revolutionary-guard-commander-attack-destroys-warships-persian-gulf

Now might just be the time to let Iran know that if they as much as fart our way they'll lose their navy and all oil production facilities as a starting point. Oh, but first all of their air defenses. We need to remind them that we're standing pat with our royal flush and no matter how many cards they draw, we win. Biggly.

• Like (+1) 5

49 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Now might just be the time to let Iran know that if they as much as fart our way they'll lose their navy and all oil production facilities as a starting point. Oh, but first all of their air defenses. We need to remind them that we're standing pat with our royal flush and no matter how many cards they draw, we win. Biggly.

...who or what administration has made a forceful attempt to reign them in besides Trump?...tough talk?...sanctions?.....Obama cash to "our friends"?......yet they still persist...yet the Dems, NY Times, et al are out in full anti-bloom.......could TDS preclude sound military measures?...naw not a chance......let's reinvigorate the "World's Bully Apology Tour"........OR...in the eloquent words of the late Flip Wilson, "Israel made us do it".......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, sherpa said:

Nope.

Never fired.

I got the first intercept of an Iranian hostile after the embassy.

Launched of Kitty Hawk and got a com to connect with the E2, early warning aircraft.

They linked me to an intercept of an Iranian P3 who was closing on the ship, at 200 miles.

Tapped him at 150 miles, and showed him my missiles,   two heaters,with the appropriate hand signals, telling him that if he threatened the task force I would kill him.

Task Force commander, aboard Kitty Hawk at the time, said that if he gets within 50 miles, I was going to get a cleared to fire, or if they open any doors on the bottom.

The speculation was that they had Harpoon, and anti ship missile we had sold them, and that was a reasonable range to eliminate the threat.

He closed to 45 miles, my missiles were locked, and I asked for a cleared to fire, and they said no.

P3 got to 30 miles, and I said that since it was so close, I would first take out the missile as it dropped, and then the airplane.

The guy turned away at 25 miles.

I often wonder what would have happened if I simply shot him and claimed an aggressive action within the rules of engagement.

North Indian Ocean. Nobody would have known

Glad I didn't, 'cause I'm a good guy. 

I'm glad you didn't because they probably would have strung you up for it.

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

I'm kinda hot for Iranian chicks.

I've noticed they like to refer to themselves as 'Persian'.  At least the rich, Americanized type do.

Edited by KD in CA

...oh well...one for the "good guys"........sorry poet.........

Brett Velicovich on the drone that took down Soleimani: 'You only get one shot'

By Julia Musto | Fox News

You only get "one shot" while taking down a target like Iranian General Qassem Soleimanidrone expert Brett Velicovich said Saturday.

Appearing on "America's News HQ: Weekend" with host Ed Henry, Velicovich -- who once tracked Soleimani's movements -- said that the drone strike on Soleimani was a " forceful reminder that the Iranians can no longer attack Americans with impunity, [as well as] that the U.S. government can retaliate with a wide variety of options that are both devastating actions that are short of war."

"Thanks to  President Trump's decisive action, we are able to use one of the tools within the government's arsenal to strike and to strike Soleimani with precision," he added.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/brett-velicovich-qassem-soleimani-drone-strike-iran

Wow the news is disgusting.

One dead thug and they're happy to show anti-American protests from Iran.  They barely ever discuss the protests against that regime.  Next up we have Jane Fonda calling this a war for oil and they run with that?  Schumer whining. He wasn't notified?  What a load.  

Not sure where to put this but it shows what a garbage potus Obama and vice potus Biden were.

Disgraceful at the very least Obama vs...

A Man named Harold; and a president named Barack.

Harold was a bright child. He grew up in America. He went to school and had a bright future ahead of him. Harold was full of life but was cut short in a violent moment. While few people had ever heard of Harold before his death, many did afterward And in death, something very shocking happened. What was so shocking, especially when it is compared to the death of someone else recently in the news?

Harold was Harold Greene, Major General, United States Army. On Aug. 5, 2014, Major General Greene was killed by a Taliban terrorist. He was returned to America with full military honors.

It has been a tradition that the president attends the funeral of General and Flag officers killed in the line of duty.

Richard Nixon attended the funeral of a Major General Casey killed in Vietnam and George W. Bush attended the funeral of Lieutenant General Timothy Maude, who was killed in the 9/11 attacks.

While Major General Greene was buried, Barack Obama was golfing. The Vice President wasn't there either. Neither was the Secretary of Defense.

Flags were not even lowered half-mast.

Four days after Harold Greene gave his life for America, Michael Brown was killed in Ferguson, Missouri.

Brown was at best a young thug. In the minutes before his death, he committed a robbery at a local convenience store. According to other reports, Brown struck Officer Darren Wilson and shattered his orbital bone. Obama sent a three-person delegation to Brown's funeral!

Neither Obama nor Biden would attend the funeral of the highest ranking military officer killed in the line of duty since 9/11, yet he sent a delegation to the funeral of a thug.

When Margaret Thatcher, one of America's staunchest allies and Ronald Reagan's partner in bringing down Soviet communism died, Obama sent only a small low-level delegation to her funeral. The snub was not missed by the British.

When Chris Kyle, the most lethal American sniper in history was murdered, there was no expression of sympathy from the White House.

But when Whitney Houston died from drug overdose, the Obama/Biden administration ordered all flags be flown at half-mast.

There was no White House delegation at the funeral of an American hero. American heroes die and Obama goes to the golf course.

A thug dies and he gets a White House delegation.

No wonder most "REAL" Americans hold Obama in such contempt, especially members of our Military.

And Biden is now expounding on how great the Obama/Biden administration was.

Stand up for the "Harolds" in America.

• Like (+1) 2

...well, no harm no foul...who gives a rat's azz?......you're on your own......"hasta la pasta" ingrates..............

Published 2 hours ago

Iraq’s Parliament calls for expulsion of US troops from the country following drone attack

By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

Iraqi lawmakers approved a resolution Sunday calling to expel U.S. troops from the country, following an American drone attack that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani.

The resolution asks the Iraqi government to end the agreement under which Washington sent forces to Iraq more than four years ago to help in the fight against the Islamic State terror group.

"The Iraqi government has an obligation to end the presence of all foreign forces on Iraqi soil and prevent it from using Iraqi lands, waters, and airspace or any other reason," Iraqi Parliament Speaker Mohammed al-Halboosi said in an address to lawmakers before the vote.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iraq-parliament-expulsion-us-troops-drone-attack

3 hours ago, pop gun said:

Not sure where to put this but it shows what a garbage potus Obama and vice potus Biden were.

Disgraceful at the very least Obama vs...

A Man named Harold; and a president named Barack.

Harold was a bright child. He grew up in America. He went to school and had a bright future ahead of him. Harold was full of life but was cut short in a violent moment. While few people had ever heard of Harold before his death, many did afterward And in death, something very shocking happened. What was so shocking, especially when it is compared to the death of someone else recently in the news?

Harold was Harold Greene, Major General, United States Army. On Aug. 5, 2014, Major General Greene was killed by a Taliban terrorist. He was returned to America with full military honors.

It has been a tradition that the president attends the funeral of General and Flag officers killed in the line of duty.

Richard Nixon attended the funeral of a Major General Casey killed in Vietnam and George W. Bush attended the funeral of Lieutenant General Timothy Maude, who was killed in the 9/11 attacks.

While Major General Greene was buried, Barack Obama was golfing. The Vice President wasn't there either. Neither was the Secretary of Defense.

Flags were not even lowered half-mast.

Four days after Harold Greene gave his life for America, Michael Brown was killed in Ferguson, Missouri.

Brown was at best a young thug. In the minutes before his death, he committed a robbery at a local convenience store. According to other reports, Brown struck Officer Darren Wilson and shattered his orbital bone. Obama sent a three-person delegation to Brown's funeral!

Neither Obama nor Biden would attend the funeral of the highest ranking military officer killed in the line of duty since 9/11, yet he sent a delegation to the funeral of a thug.

When Margaret Thatcher, one of America's staunchest allies and Ronald Reagan's partner in bringing down Soviet communism died, Obama sent only a small low-level delegation to her funeral. The snub was not missed by the British.

When Chris Kyle, the most lethal American sniper in history was murdered, there was no expression of sympathy from the White House.

But when Whitney Houston died from drug overdose, the Obama/Biden administration ordered all flags be flown at half-mast.

There was no White House delegation at the funeral of an American hero. American heroes die and Obama goes to the golf course.

A thug dies and he gets a White House delegation.

No wonder most "REAL" Americans hold Obama in such contempt, especially members of our Military.

And Biden is now expounding on how great the Obama/Biden administration was.

Stand up for the "Harolds" in America.

Is this accurate??

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...well, no harm no foul...who gives a rat's azz?......you're on your own......"hasta la pasta" ingrates..............

Published 2 hours ago

Iraq’s Parliament calls for expulsion of US troops from the country following drone attack

By Stephen Sorace | Fox News

Iraqi lawmakers approved a resolution Sunday calling to expel U.S. troops from the country, following an American drone attack that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani.

The resolution asks the Iraqi government to end the agreement under which Washington sent forces to Iraq more than four years ago to help in the fight against the Islamic State terror group.

"The Iraqi government has an obligation to end the presence of all foreign forces on Iraqi soil and prevent it from using Iraqi lands, waters, and airspace or any other reason," Iraqi Parliament Speaker Mohammed al-Halboosi said in an address to lawmakers before the vote.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/iraq-parliament-expulsion-us-troops-drone-attack

Well, if that's the case we were just anticipating your position by getting rid of Soleimani for you. 

5 minutes ago, ALF said:

Funeral of Major General Harold Greene

Claim:   President Obama broke precedent by declining to attend the funeral of General Harold Greene and failing to send any administration officials to the ceremony.

FALSE

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/greene-report/

Although it would appear that the claim may be false the fact that Snopes claims so does not give me any confidence that it is so. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ALF said:

Funeral of Major General Harold Greene

Claim:   President Obama broke precedent by declining to attend the funeral of General Harold Greene and failing to send any administration officials to the ceremony.

FALSE

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/greene-report/

I'm surprised Snopes had time to fact check that, what with their crusade to fact check the Babylon Bee nonstop.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/3/2020 at 8:05 PM, billsfan_34 said:

He looks so peaceful. 

On 1/4/2020 at 9:46 AM, billsfan_34 said:

So he cites poetry? Dude was evil - later

There once was a man from Iran

Who had a devilish plan. 
He wanted to kill

Everyone not Isil

But his ass got blown up in a van. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Haha (+1) 7

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's your responsibility to back up your words here, not mine. 

On that principle, it's @pop gun's responsibility to back up his original post, nopt @yall's to back up his vapid denial of it.  

(The original post is inaccurate, though.  I know, because I googled it.)