Mr. Trump's War

31 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Tom, the difference is I know that you are busting my balls but maybe in a way I don't see from most other people.  The other guys might as well be a couple of people that I grew up with that were just awful people.  The kind of people who always had something bad to say about nearly everybody else except the couple of followers they had.  We are not talking 100 years ago but back in the 1970's well after we were all supposedly thrown into the melting pot.  The attitude was bad to the point where kids who lived on the school district border did whatever they could so they could go to a different school.  I was not so fortunate.  The bottom line is that Tibs and his socks are not friends that are engaged in good natured chop busting.  I'm not going to pretend otherwise.

moran

Just now, John Adams said:

Targeting cultural heritage sites is new. 

Intervening in military justice as directly as he did is new. 

Tying Sulimani to 9-11 though, that's a tried and true move, but still bull#### worth calling out. 

And how many cultural heritage sites have been targeted so far?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Targeting cultural heritage sites is new. 

Intervening in military justice as directly as he did is new. 

Tying Sulimani to 9-11 though, that's a tried and true move, but still bull#### worth calling out. 

Did he actually say he'd target "cultural heritage sites" or "sites important to Iranian culture?"

They might be the same thing, but don't see why they are necessarily conflated.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It's amazing that so many still don't get it. 

The media is full of *****. Stop listening to their fearmongering. 

but they will all be fired if people don't lose their ***** 500 times a day over fake news

12 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I'm not going to quote the entire post, but what you are doing is expanding the thing beyond the Iranian borders.

Everybody knows the use of human shields, cultural centers, hospitals and other sensitive areas that various groups use, knowing that such areas are almost always off limits to offensive response.

My comments are strictly directed to Iranian soil, and they typically haven't done that.

If the discussion expands to the entire world, this "trend" is certainly up for discussion, but I'm not going to comment on that. 

point taken.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

It's amazing that so many still don't get it. 

The media is full of *****. Stop listening to their fearmongering. 

It's not just "the media."  People are complaining about a tweet.  They want to be upset about hypothetical future events as will happen under a non-existent order establishing non-existent ROE in an imaginary future conflict.  

That's a psychosis.  Even being this upset about the threat embodied in the tweet is overwrought, since there is a long distance, with a couple dozen hoops to jump through, between that tweet and actually bombing the Isfahan Mosque.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DC Tom said:

It's not just "the media."  People are complaining about a tweet.  They want to be upset about hypothetical future events as will happen under a non-existent order establishing non-existent ROE in an imaginary future conflict.  

That's a psychosis.  Even being this upset about the threat embodied in the tweet is overwrought, since there is a long distance, with a couple dozen hoops to jump through, between that tweet and actually bombing the Isfahan Mosque.

Yup. 

And those people still don't understand who Trump is talking to with his tweets and the purpose. You can write it off to Trump being Trump or his character faults, or you can see it as part of his negotiating style, or you can see it as him trolling the broken media and broken brains of the "resistance". 

...But taking it as a fait accompli is the LAST thing you should do.

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Did he actually say he'd target "cultural heritage sites" or "sites important to Iranian culture?"

They might be the same thing, but don't see why they are necessarily conflated.

It's amazing how many people intentionally ignored what he actually said.

• Like (+1) 2

Once again, people fed by the media and the disloyal opposition take Trump's words as gospel but fail to take his actions as the most important thingy. Who knows what Trump was trying to convey to Iran when he mentioned sites important to Iran's culture. Maybe he was just saying that we know what you have hidden in those places and if you continue to ***** with us we're going to ***** with you so bad that your new way of transportation will be donkeys and your elite will be traveling in your new limos disguised as camels. Rubble will be the new construction material. Trump wasn't raised by the diplomatic corp but in the NYC real estate environment where Russian Roulette and Five Finger Filet were merely precursors of negotiating a deal. He can out trash talk an entire NBA team. So people, relax and be thankful that our inartful President may be embarrassing, but he knows how to get the job done. 

Please.

There is no justifying what he said based on his background as a New York real estate guy, nor his habit of speaking the way he speaks.

He now speaks as the president of the United States, and what he said was grossly foolish, ignorant and uncalled for.

He clearly doesn't understand this, and there is no excuse, and no defending it.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Please.

There is no justifying what he said based on his background as a New York real estate guy, nor his habit of speaking the way he speaks.

He now speaks as the president of the United States, and what he said was grossly foolish, ignorant and uncalled for.

He clearly doesn't understand this, and there is no excuse, and no defending it.

He understands more than you give him credit for. He's been fighting this war for three+ years now and is winning. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

what he said was grossly foolish, ignorant and uncalled for.

That's what you think.

Here is what I see.

We just blasted one of the ring leaders of the worlds largest terrorist organizations, we did so with pin point accuracy.

He then tweeted that hiding behind culture will not stop him. We all know they aren't afraid to use civilians as shields, POTUS basically said I can get you anywhere any time, and I know where you are hiding. "Go ahead, make my day"