Mr. Trump's War

14 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Have you been to the Middle East? Have you been targeted by Iranian forces operating inside Iraq? It has been going on for a long time, much restraint was shown i.e. contractor killed, US forces killed, drone shot down, oil facilities in Saudi attacked , british ship hijacked, patrol boats harrasing American ships, embassy attacked. It was a long time coming. 

All those things happened AFTER Trump pulled the plug on an international deal, imposed crushing sanctions on Iran which is brutal to their citizens. Trump has no real strategy, he literally simply wanted to undo an Obama accomplishment that was working. 

Hey, do you know how we all know it was working? Just ask me, I'll tell you. 

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you think we should have attacked and killed their leaders sooner? Years ago? They have been waging war on us--our occupation forces in Iraq and against our good friends the Saudis, so what is it you want done? All out war with Iran? You used the word inevitable, so where does it end? 

They have been waging war on us and others since 1979.

If you don't know this, you are ignorant.

It has been a "shooting war"  for decades.

To not know this is to be completely ignorant of history.

By the way, stop speculating on "what I  want." 

You have no idea, and your theories are preposterous. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

Oh brother, so now we should have been at war since 1979, whatever buddy. 

You are a silly person 

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

you have to understand what arguing with a mentally challenged amoeba is like. if you don't, you soon will.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Have you been to the Middle East? Have you been targeted by Iranian forces operating inside Iraq? It has been going on for a long time, much restraint was shown i.e. contractor killed, US forces killed, drone shot down, oil facilities in Saudi attacked , british ship hijacked, patrol boats harrasing American ships, embassy attacked. It was a long time coming. 

I know people who have.

I even know one guy who accidentally invaded Iran.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are a silly person 

No, you ***** moron.  We have been at war with Iran since 1979.  Sherpa's fired shots in it, as I recall.

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

That would of been Saddam

No, he's a lawyer at DOJ.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You are a silly person 

Are you allowed to function in your community?

I have spent four posts curing and cleaning up the nonsense you do here.

I never said we should have been at war with them.

What I said was that that this started in '79, and it is ignorant to not know that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

All those things happened AFTER Trump pulled the plug on an international deal, imposed crushing sanctions on Iran which is brutal to their citizens. Trump has no real strategy, he literally simply wanted to undo an Obama accomplishment that was working. 

Hey, do you know how we all know it was working? Just ask me, I'll tell you. 

Yeah because Obamas plan was working! The Iranians were once close to the bomb and we unleashed stuxnet on them. That was done before trump and the damage done by that far exceeds what we just did. Anyways, I dont think any of us want another war but at some point you have to take a stand. Time will tell how this plays out for sure. 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

No, you ***** moron.  We have been at war with Iran since 1979.  Sherpa's fired shots in it, as I recall.

No, he's a lawyer at DOJ.

Been going on since 1979, 1983 in Beirut with Irans help, and until this present day. Ok ok who is it??? Im not following ya DC.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

What I said was that that this started in '79, and it is ignorant to not know that.

You are going to lose this argument, because you're arguing with immovable stupidity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Correct- 1979 it was. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Ok ok who is it??? Im not following ya DC.

Someone I know who was stationed in Iraq had his helicopter cross the Iraq/Iran border.  Which they only discovered when they were fired upon by Iranian air defenses.

But he literally invaded Iran accidentally.

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

he's too ignorant to know what happened with the US and Iran leading up to '79

i recall that time a lot, Carter and the media toadies all thought the Revolution would lead to world openness and religious tolerance in Iran...  :D

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

Someone I know who was stationed in Iraq had his helicopter cross the Iraq/Iran border.  Which they only discovered when they were fired upon by Iranian air defenses.

Oh *****! Now thats some dicey stuff. Our jets used to patrol close to Iran but mostly we operated in the Sunni Triangle. I am glad he is ok, im assuming he is?

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he's too ignorant to know what happened with the US and Iran leading up to '79

i recall that time a lot, Carter and the media toadies all thought the Revolution would lead to world openness and religious tolerance in Iran...  :D

...”Media Toadies”... thats funny!!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Oh *****! Now thats some dicey stuff. Our jets used to patrol close to Iran but mostly we operated in the Sunni Triangle. I am glad he is ok, im assuming he is?

...”Media Toadies”... thats funny!!!

the only worse prediction by Dems and the media was how Pol Pot would happily help Cambodia enter the 20th century under his benevolent dictatorship...

Edited by row_33

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The head of the DOJ has some history with Iran too. Interesting how the #MAGAs pretend that never happened.

5 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Oh yeah; he told me the story several months later.

Funny too..at the time, his full-time job was prosecuting murders for DOJ.  When he was activated, the Army put him in charge of mass graves registration in Iraq.  Naturally, because of his job, he was a perfect fit...so after about four months, the Army moved him out of that billet into passport processing, presumably on the grounds that he was actually qualified to do mass graves registration.  

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I went to college with some wealthy Iranian students in 1977. They all drove trans ams.
I got along fine with them even though they had more privilege than me.

I'm sure their world got turned upside down in 1979.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

We have been at war with Iran since 1979.  Sherpa's fired shots in it, as I recall.

Nope.

Never fired.

I got the first intercept of an Iranian hostile after the embassy.

Launched of Kitty Hawk and got a com to connect with the E2, early warning aircraft.

They linked me to an intercept of an Iranian P3 who was closing on the ship, at 200 miles.

Tapped him at 150 miles, and showed him my missiles,   two heaters,with the appropriate hand signals, telling him that if he threatened the task force I would kill him.

Task Force commander, aboard Kitty Hawk at the time, said that if he gets within 50 miles, I was going to get a cleared to fire, or if they open any doors on the bottom.

The speculation was that they had Harpoon, and anti ship missile we had sold them, and that was a reasonable range to eliminate the threat.

He closed to 45 miles, my missiles were locked, and I asked for a cleared to fire, and they said no.

P3 got to 30 miles, and I said that since it was so close, I would first take out the missile as it dropped, and then the airplane.

The guy turned away at 25 miles.

I often wonder what would have happened if I simply shot him and claimed an aggressive action within the rules of engagement.

North Indian Ocean. Nobody would have known

Glad I didn't, 'cause I'm a good guy. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5