Richie Incognito extended by Raiders

JoeF

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are ex-Buffalo Bills sprinkled all over the league?  Is this true with other teams as well? It feels like there are ex-Bills starting on TV in almost every game that I turn on. After last night, you can add Marshawn to that list!

It's only ex-Bills.  Every other team either has players they signed as rookies or ex-Bills on their rosters.  Without the ex-Bills, the league wouldn't have enough players.  

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

You gotta give it to the guy, resilient as hell.  And he will go down as a great guard in the NFL. 

A good example of perseverance and overcoming obstacles.

I disagree. The reason he remains a good player seems to be related a lot to his mental problems. He can't handle not being on an NFL team. Sure, it works out on the field, but the guy isn't 'overcoming obstacles' to be a good player. He's a good player because of his mental disease. 

2 hours ago, Margarita said:

my first thought was he must be doing better mentally than he was before ….clearly he can still play....maybe he did indeed see the light and seek treatment for his issues..Im guessing so and for that Im glad for him I hope it lasts for his healths sake.

The thing is, M, he sought treatment before.  In Miami; during his "gap year" after the Martin thing.

Then he fell off the wagon.

It's the hell of a mental illness or having a family member with a mental illness. 

The best analogy I have is from a book called "Secrets from the Food Lab" written by a psychologist who studies how people relate to food.  She points out that one reason losing weight is so hard is that it only takes 1 slip-up to undo a day (or a week) of proper diet.  If you resist distractions at work 95% of the time but get distracted 5% of the time, you can still be very productive in that 95%.  If you resist a plate of donuts 95% of the time but slip and gobble them down 5% of the time, the impact is the same as if you never resisted.  Same thing with mental illness or addiction diseases - it can only takes one slip-up to start a downward spiral.

2 hours ago, T&C said:

Listening to WGR earlier they briefly touched on the upcoming Eric Wood Roast... and then mentioned that Richie would be another one in the near future.

Ooooh, ooooh, oooh, that's just GONNA have to involve Fitzy....CAN'T WAIT!!!!

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Ritchie living in Vegas?  What could go wrong?

Snap!

I’ve not seen his name as  having been involved with law enforcement or any headlines of anything bad in months which in and of itself is surprising based on his previous outbursts. I doubt obtaining illicit drugs is that difficult in any state to be honest if he wanted them he’d find a way. Alcohol of course available anywhere. I do seem to recall he mentioning however that he  became born again Christian which clearly doesn’t cure mental illness or drug/alcohol issues but what it may do is keep he around the type of people less likely to entice  him to do those substances that did him harm plus be supportive of a clean sober lifestyle and maintaining a regimen of taking the meds he needs to be mentally sound. Could he fall off the wagon in Las Vegas yes. I just hope that whatever he has done to keep on the straight and narrow translates to Nevada it’s no given but I’m hopeful for his sake. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Sorry, the guy is to old for an extension. Not sure what the raiders are thinking here

It's a two year extension... 

And, he is still performing at a high level. 

I swear, some of yall are just bitter, old prunes.

giphy.webp

• Like (+1) 1

I’m interested in the money - $14M for two years with half guaranteed...

Haven’t watched a lot of Raiders games but I find it hard to imagine that he has been much better than Feliciano ( $3.75M a year) and Spain( $2M) so hats off to Beane once again for getting these two on the cheap..

Question remains... what happens with Spain next year? 

Any chance $22M for three years gets it done?

Should they even pay this?

Guess it depends if they  go with Ford another year at RT, or they have identified someone else in FA and kick Ford inside,which I’m assuming will cost more than $7.5M a year..

Edited by Aussie Joe

On 12/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, Rocky Landing said:

In one regard, this might actually benefit him. Nevada has a long history of being hardcore anti-drug. I would assume it's a lot easier to get illegal drugs in Oakland, CA than in LV.

Now, booze and hookers, on the other hand...

Boy do I have news for you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/30/2019 at 3:28 PM, HOUSE said:

Sorry, the guy is to old for an extension. Not sure what the raiders are thinking here

Well it is the Raiders...

On 12/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, Rocky Landing said:

In one regard, this might actually benefit him. Nevada has a long history of being hardcore anti-drug. I would assume it's a lot easier to get illegal drugs in Oakland, CA than in LV.

Now, booze and hookers, on the other hand...

Lol thinking b.c a state has a slogan it means anything. Just FYI it's easy to get drugs EVERYWHERE.

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Haven’t watched a lot of Raiders games but I find it hard to imagine that he has been much better than Feliciano ( $3.75M a year) and Spain( $2M) so hats off to Beane once again for getting these two on the cheap..

Guess it depends if they  go with Ford another year at RT, or they have identified someone else in FA and kick Ford inside,which I’m assuming will cost more than $7.5M a year..

I think they should definitely sign Spain to a three year deal for what you are suggesting. I think Spain has played pretty much every snap. I think Spain and Dawkins have done a very good job on the left side. Lock them up. I think $7-8mil a year for a good guard is the going rate.

Counter point  is they let Spain walk, and find another FA who wants a prove it deal. This buys the Bills another year to see if Ford can progress. Then they can sign Feliciano to an extension next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Well it is the Raiders...

Lol thinking b.c a state has a slogan it means anything. Just FYI it's easy to get drugs EVERYWHERE.

I was commenting more on the brutally long prison terms. A joint used to get you ten years in Nevada.

On 12/30/2019 at 11:31 AM, JoeF said:

Another key piece in place. We have signed Richie Incognito to a multi-year extension. More: http://rdrs.co/B0yWYB

I wish him luck and mental stability....finally.

which is astounding at age 36. guy is a great athlete.

6 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

That's because his brain keeps telling him he's 17 years old. 

that is a very good point. funny....but lots of truth there

15 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been some talk of them extending him already, or any of the guys they brought in on short term deals. Maybe there's a plan to replace them, but I was hoping to see Feliciano extended before too long.

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I was commenting more on the brutally long prison terms. A joint used to get you ten years in Nevada.

You aren't even allowed to drug test for Marijuana in Nevada anymore lol. They have gotten much more loose in how they handle drugs.

Good for him. Wish him nothing but the best (except if they play the Bills) Despite his issues, which seem under control, he was a great player during both his stints here.

Looks like he just needs the discipline of football to keep his head on straight.