Brian Daboll cost us the division title

Tesla03

3 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

Plain and simple. 

It was a great season but the fact we could have easily won our first division title since god knows how long this year puts a dark cloud over everything

Is that what I'm feeling? Dark Cloud huh LOL

3 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

Plain and simple. 

It was a great season but the fact we could have easily won our first division title since god knows how long this year puts a dark cloud over everything. Dabolls play calling in the pats game at home and the Browns game where singletary got something like 7 touches cost us big time. Daboll is a very lucky man because had it not been for our top 3 defense he would probably be getting fired tomorrow morning. 

This is the worst NE team of the Brady era and the best Bills team and we still couldn't beat them to the division title. 

PLEASE STOP!  We have 2 decent NFL receivers, 1 decent NFL RB, a make-shift OL with 2nd tier free agents and inexperienced TE's.  Josh isn't a star (yet?) and doesn't lead the team down the field!   

Please stop. Our WR corps is substandard RB is average besides Singletary, TE subpar besides Knox and Oline is average while Josh is  learning. What play calls do you think would miraculously make this offense better???

The offense improved over last year and thats all you can ask for, next year will bring more talent then suddenly Daboll will be great.

The team did. In that 2nd NE game you have to place some of the blame on the defense. They allowed the Patriots to have the best game they had all season, pretty much.

But I agree, the Bills had nothing to lose in that NE game. They should have come out swinging on offense, running trick plays, taking deep shots. Don't even worry about turnovers (to an extent). Go for it on every 4th down just for fun. I really feel like they should have been let loose that game.

Not sure I get the Daboll hate. His play designs and play calling is not a consistent problem. It's not an overly conservative offense. He has a very young QB developing. There is a long way to go, but I'm fine with the OC going into next season. I'm not a big fan of changing OCs when you're developing a QB, especially one as raw as Allen is in the passing game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

Garret has more talent in his pinky than Daboll. 

Also Jay Gruden could turn Allen into a top 10 QB. with Daboll our passing offense will never be better than bottom 10 in the league. 

Ok. Who left the joystick where the children could get at it??

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BillsFanSD said:

Every offensive coordinator since Ted Marchibroda has been the most hated man in Buffalo.  Some things never change.

Fan outrage over how bad the offensive coordinator is, historically, translates to "our QB is not good enough."

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bigmanbills88 said:

No he didnt. If patriots lost last week they likley win this week. No doubt about that

The NE loss today was significant as they lost the Bye & Also now are on the road if they beat Tenn.....

It was a game at home they could not afford to lose.

14 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Dude I agree 100%. I just don't understand why this guy gets a pass worst offensive  coordinator in the league.  By the way anybody else think we need a new backup quarterback Barkley is absolutely horrible. 

Yesterday was basically a preseason game. Barkley threw a couple bad picks but also made a couple really nice throws. He looked like a QB who hadn’t taken a game time snap in months. He is a fine back up and he got some playing time against a top flight defense in case he is called on in the playoffs. This is good coaching by McDermott. Daboll is a mixed bag in my eyes.. he has created an innovative offensive scheme with really good blocking foundations. Unfortunately, he makes the wrong play calls about 5-7 times a game. Some of the biggest plays this year have been audibles by Josh. This makes me wonder if, like Marchibroda did with Kelly, he could give Josh more flexibility. Maybe this could be a key along with getting Duke Williams on the field. I think you will see the 3WR set against Houston will be Brown, Williams and Beasley in the slot with Dawson Knox at TE. I think it would be smart to play Yeldon and Singletary in the backfield as well but I don’t think that happens. Yeldon just presents a screen/receiving threat we have been lacking all year. I also think that some wrinkles have been saved for the tournament. We shall see! 

Edited by Lenigmusx

Anyone see how calm & cool Miami was in the redzone vs. NE, while Buffalo looked lost.

Still upset how bad the play calling was (yes a perfect pass to Knox and a tie).  The First down call, along with third & fourth, which appeared to be a chinese fire drill (apologies for being politically incorrect). 

Also see NE's 3rd & goal screen from the 13.....

Oh & watch Lamar in those situations (i.e. a mobile QB).....

I do remember a simple TD pass that Josh made in a similar situation to Duke Williams vs. Tennessee, that looked pretty easy.....  oops no big strong WR active that day....

Yep I blame it on Daboll (or McD).

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Anyone see how calm & cool Miami was in the redzone vs. NE, while Buffalo looked lost.

Still upset how bad the play calling was (yes a perfect pass to Knox and a tie).  The First down call, along with third & fourth, which appeared to be a chinese fire drill (apologies for being politically incorrect). 

Also see NE's 3rd & goal screen from the 13.....

Oh & watch Lamar in those situations (i.e. a mobile QB).....

I do remember a simple TD pass that Josh made in a similar situation to Duke Williams vs. Tennessee, that looked pretty easy.....  oops no big strong WR active that day....

Yep I blame it on Daboll (or McD).

So Brian Daboll is to blame for the rookie right tackle being completely blown up on two plays? I can't tell what the play calls were on either of those downs and nor can anybody because a player failed to execute the basics twice.