Potential Kareem Hunt Interest

JGMcD2

39 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I have no idea what Berry thought about it or if he was on his way out by then.  We should see where he stands on such things soon.

I do know that one of the Haslams was not on board with signing Hunt.  I assume that was Dee.  Dorsey gave a lot of assurances that Hunt would be a model citizen.  I have heard that has not been the case.  I don’t know if it was more than the recent speeding/weed incident or not. 

I don’t think Hunt is worth the headache and I think Cleveland is the worst place for him to be. I would think he would be easy to replace. Chubb is the man. 

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think Hunt is worth the headache and I think Cleveland is the worst place for him to be. I would think he would be easy to replace. Chubb is the man. 

Chubb really does make all the difference here.  Hunt would be the best back on most teams, but he’s second to Chubb on the Browns. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Chubb really does make all the difference here.  Hunt would be the best back on most teams, but he’s second to Chubb on the Browns. 

How good is Hunt? KC backs averaged just as many YPC as Hunt did. They really didn't miss a beat, because their O is predicated on the pass. I think Hunt is a backup on most teams. I'd take Singletary over him. In the AFC, he'd start in Miami, that's about it.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This is why I think Hunt would be good with us......Devin S. is the man....we need a quality back behind him......Hunt is that

you know what hunt doesn't do? fumble. maybe he can teach devin how to not do that.  hunt is such a great dual threat as well and this would be a great move if this kid can keep his head right

Just now, aristocrat said:

you know what hunt doesn't do? fumble. maybe he can teach devin how to not do that.  hunt is such a great dual threat as well and this would be a great move if this kid can keep his head right

I just think that might be a good situation.....

We need to improve our RB stable

We dont want to work horse Devin

Hunt is good

5 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

just give him the Original Round Tender. There might be a team that will give the contract and a 3rd. 

a 2nd or 1st tenders and he isn’t going anywhere 

A higher tender would make him less trade-able too.

I'd think they would be thrilled with a 5th and satisfied with a 6th for him. 

5 hours ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - 3rd might still turn people off on making a multi-year commitment for him.  The question is - is he better than a 3rd round pick by the approximately 10 million dollars it'd cost to secure him (Singletary was 4yr at about 4 mil total, hunt would be looking at 3 years 15 mil total and more guaranteed than the 4).  I personally don't think moving a 3rd to pay a player a lot more than that slot is smart.  If it were a 5th or 6th?  Now its of a much greater likelihood that he is better than the player, so it makes more sense.

a third is still a pretty big wild card for most positions. But relatively reliable at RB. And hunt comes with risk. 

I think it’s a fair tipping point in there for his max value. Like 3-4 I’d guess some team would agree

Edited by NoSaint

10 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

So Kareem is a good boy now except when he's crazed with disappointment 'cuz his former team is in the Superbowl, then he depends upon the grace of an NFL fanboy cop to keep him from drug possession and open container charges he could definitely be hit with?

Yeah, just the sort of forward-thinking focused-on-what-he-can-control player I'd want on my team.

Don't get me wrong, having gone from a star player on a Superbowl contender to an afterthought on the Browns has to suck for him.  Some salty should be expected.  But he could nurse his disappointment (and smoke his pot) in private, at home then take a Lyft or Uber to the airport.  What was he planning to do with the vodka, take it through the security checkpoint, or slam shots on the parking shuttle?

I would hope Beane would focus on acquiring players with a bit better sense and personal judgement.  OK, I lie, I would hope Beane would focus on players with a lot better sense and judgement.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So Kareem is a good boy now except when he's crazed with disappointment 'cuz his former team is in the Superbowl, then he depends upon the grace of an NFL fanboy cop to keep him from drug possession and open container charges he could definitely be hit with?

Yeah, just the sort of forward-thinking focused-on-what-he-can-control player I'd want on my team.

Don't get me wrong, having gone from a star player on a Superbowl contender to an afterthought on the Browns has to suck for him.  Some salty should be expected.  But he could nurse his disappointment (and smoke his pot) in private, at home then take a Lyft or Uber to the airport.  What was he planning to do with the vodka, take it through the security checkpoint, or slam shots on the parking shuttle?

I would hope Beane would focus on acquiring players with a bit better sense and personal judgement.  OK, I lie, I would hope Beane would focus on players with a lot better sense and judgement.

I agree for the most part. All I am saying is that he appears to have messed up his value with this latest transgression. I think Beane will have to evaluate whether Hunt's services as a 1/11 contributor (including any suspensions) is worth his new market price. I am less reluctant to categorically say go for him or dont go for him at this stage. Taking OP at face value, there appeared to be some interest from the Bills' side. 

On the cheap, I would do it.  Now, he has alot of off the feild stuff.  Will he be suspended again for the traffic stop incident?  If available he is a top 5 back in the NFL.  Would pair nicley with Singletary.  The amount of money he would command would be peanuts compared to what he could offer the offense.

On 1/27/2020 at 1:35 PM, MAJBobby said:

I don’t think he is. Just take Eno Benjamin in the 3rd or one of the plethora of other RBs that will be there and get the young legs on a rookie deal

This.  I am all for bringing in Hunt in, just not in a way that costs us draft asset like a 3rd.  Plenty of places to grab another RB without the baggage.  

That being said, I don't think Hunts baggage is all that big of a deal as I think the "incident" got grossly over exaggerated in the media to be more than it was.  However, the recent issue suggests maybe some judgement and maturity issues, and because of that extra layer of risk, I wouldn't want us to surrender an asset to get him.  I wont be upset if we did, the talent is there and I trust McD and Beane to do their homework before they would add someone like him.  But just sitting here now, my preference is not to risk a draft asset and use that asset on someone in the draft they feel can be the guy to compliment Devin.  Eno would be a great target and I kind of expect him to be a Bill once the draft is complete. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

sorry but we are in no position to be passing up on talent like kareem hunt 

2 prior assaults on males, another on a female and then having weed and an open container of alcohol in your vehicle 13 months after completing rehab point to a person still in the throes of his issues.  The talent is there but OBD  may feel it is not worth the trouble now.

4 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I think sometimes we forget some of these guys are barely more than kids and still growing up.

I was a kid once and never kicked an underage girl because she would not hook up with me but this is your pattern.

• Thank you (+1) 1