Potential Kareem Hunt Interest

JGMcD2

25 minutes ago, buffaloaggie said:

Getting caught with drugs with a confession, and an open vodka container. I think he wouldn't be a good fit as part of the process

"I should be playing for a Super Bowl." ?

Man, shut up and own your stupidity. He could have been punished much more harshly by this cop, who appears to be overly sympathetic because he likes the Browns. 

• Like (+1) 1

So he is an RFA. 

let’s look at the scenarios (if they put a tender on him the new Browns FO very well may not)

1st Round - NO FREAKING WAY

2nd Round - No way 

Original Round - (would be a 3rd) - Nope 

UFA on a highly team protected Contract - Sure 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

"I should be playing for a Super Bowl." ?

Man, shut up and own your stupidity. He could have been punished much more harshly by this cop, who appears to be overly sympathetic because he likes the Browns. 

I dunno about the cop being sympathetic...he tricked him into letting him search the vehicle

Dorsey was the one that advocated for Hunt and he’s gone.  I am hearing that there’s a good chance the Browns move on from him.  If it were me I’d tender him at the second round level and see if anyone tried to sign him away.  Then I’d base my decision on that contract.

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Dorsey was the one that advocated for Hunt and he’s gone.  I am hearing that there’s a good chance the Browns move on from him.  If it were me I’d tender him at the second round level and see if anyone tried to sign him away.  Then I’d base my decision on that contract.

just give him the Original Round Tender. There might be a team that will give the contract and a 3rd. 

a 2nd or 1st tenders and he isn’t going anywhere 

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Oddly enough Berry was still there when the Browns signed Hunt. He left for the eagles 2/25/19 and Hunt was signed 2/11/19. I don’t know if he wanted Hunt or not, but would have been part of the decision making process.

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

just give him the Original Round Tender. There might be a team that will give the contract and a 3rd. 

Yeah - 3rd might still turn people off on making a multi-year commitment for him.  The question is - is he better than a 3rd round pick by the approximately 10 million dollars it'd cost to secure him (Singletary was 4yr at about 4 mil total, hunt would be looking at 3 years 15 mil total and more guaranteed than the 4).  I personally don't think moving a 3rd to pay a player a lot more than that slot is smart.  If it were a 5th or 6th?  Now its of a much greater likelihood that he is better than the player, so it makes more sense.

Just now, dneveu said:

Yeah - 3rd might still turn people off on making a multi-year commitment for him.  The question is - is he better than a 3rd round pick by the approximately 10 million dollars it'd cost to secure him (Singletary was 4yr at about 4 mil total, hunt would be looking at 3 years 15 mil total and more guaranteed than the 4).  I personally don't think moving a 3rd to pay a player a lot more than that slot is smart.  If it were a 5th or 6th?  Now its of a much greater likelihood that he is better than the player, so it makes more sense.

I don’t think he is. Just take Eno Benjamin in the 3rd or one of the plethora of other RBs that will be there and get the young legs on a rookie deal

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I don’t think he is. Just take Eno Benjamin in the 3rd or one of the plethora of other RBs that will be there and get the young legs on a rookie deal

Yeah - i do think he'd be a solid compliment to a guy like singletary though. Good vision and cuts.  Good hands.  Just don't want to pay him a bunch of money for what in all likelihood is 100 carries for 4-500 yards, 20 catches for another 150, and 3 total TDs.  Why pay that guy - Yeldon can get you something similar and he's already here for cheaper.  If you're paying a running back he needs to be really good at something.  Good 1 cuts, break tackles, breakaway speed, elusiveness... something.  This guys just seems like a zone guy with good hands.  

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oddly enough Berry was still there when the Browns signed Hunt. He left for the eagles 2/25/19 and Hunt was signed 2/11/19. I don’t know if he wanted Hunt or not, but would have been part of the decision making process.

I have no idea what Berry thought about it or if he was on his way out by then.  We should see where he stands on such things soon.

I do know that one of the Haslams was not on board with signing Hunt.  I assume that was Dee.  Dorsey gave a lot of assurances that Hunt would be a model citizen.  I have heard that has not been the case.  I don’t know if it was more than the recent speeding/weed incident or not. 

9 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Yeah - i do think he'd be a solid compliment to a guy like singletary though. Good vision and cuts.  Good hands.  Just don't want to pay him a bunch of money for what in all likelihood is 100 carries for 4-500 yards, 20 catches for another 150, and 3 total TDs.  Why pay that guy - Yeldon can get you something similar and he's already here for cheaper.  If you're paying a running back he needs to be really good at something.  Good 1 cuts, break tackles, breakaway speed, elusiveness... something.  This guys just seems like a zone guy with good hands.  

yeah after watch Eno Benjamin Feet in the Senior Bowl that is the back I think I would like to pair with Singletary 

55 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Dunno.  It depends how spooked teams are about the off the field stuff.  Talent wise he’s easily worth a 2nd.  Now maybe the original (3rd) round tender is what they’ll do just to be sure they move him.  That’s not a bad plan.  If they don’t mind him sticking around another season then they should put the 2nd on him and then take another year’s production and a comp pick down the road.  This is all assuming that there is no league action coming for any reason.  If there is, then his value is crap anything could happen with him.