Potential Kareem Hunt Interest

JGMcD2

A good friend of mine who has close ties to Kareem said we had interest in signing him this year and will continue to have interest in RFA. 

I could see us offering $5M - $7M per year to pair with Singletary. Browns have to pay Chubb after next season... I can’t see them tying up $20M + between Chubb and Hunt. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

A good friend of mine who has close ties to Kareem said we had interest in signing him this year and will continue to have interest in RFA. 

I could see us offering $5M - $7M per year to pair with Singletary. Browns have to pay Chubb after next season... I can’t see them tying up $20M + between Chubb and Hunt. 

Does your friend call him "my K Hunt"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Meh, idk about the whole "sources from deep within" shtick

Why so skeptical? One of my co-workers cousin's friend has a neighbor who's father in law's daughter's niece is from Boston and she accurately predicted the Pats would have a solid season. When there's smoke, there's fire. FWIW.

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Cheap....sure.  But I am 100% against spending money on a RB.  You start getting into the 4-5 million range and no thanks.  You can find good to great RBs anywhere.  Not worth breaking the bank for that position.

Same.  The only rb I’d be willing to spend on is Derrick Henry and that’s only because he brings something to the table that no one else does.  I don’t necessarily want us to spend big on him, but he’d be the only guy I wouldn’t be necessarily be pissed about signing for big bucks.  

draft another in the 3rd- 4th and sign another vet.  I’d be happy with Singletary, AP and a 4th rd rb

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

So he will be a RFA.  Are you saying the Bills will sign him and give up a pick?  Are you saying the Browns let him walk so the Bills can sign?

Sorry if your story does not hang together well as the path to the Bills for him is not a straight line.

I am not in favor of giving a pick for him and paying for a large contract.

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Same.  The only rb I’d be willing to spend on is Derrick Henry and that’s only because he brings something to the table that no one else does.  I don’t necessarily want us to spend big on him, but he’d be the only guy I wouldn’t be necessarily be pissed about signing for big bucks.  

draft another in the 3rd- 4th and sign another vet.  I’d be happy with Singletary, AP and a 4th rd rb

I would pay Henry big bucks.. Beane seems to give himself an inexpensive out after two years in most of these contracts. 
We could easily give him 8-10 million for a year or two and not be hurt at all. There’s been mixed reports if Tennessee is going to pay him or let him walk. Drafting is fine but throwing one dart doesn’t always work out. 
There is no sure thing that every running back drafted is going to produce. 
I have never been a Hunt fan, not sure he’ll ever replicate what he did in KC that one season 

Edited by Rc2catch

33 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Do not pay a RB in free agency. Find a bruiser in rounds 3-5 of the draft to pair with Singletary. 

I don’t know who, or where, but good RB’s can come for much less. 

But, to be fair, I’m sure we “show interest” in just about every player.  It’s part of the job. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Anything more than $5 over a 3 yr term for any get RB in this league is a waste of money. If they could get Hunt or Henry for that, so be it. Hunt would be a great spread weapon. While I subscribe to the draft a back in later rounds theory, if getting Hunt allowed us to draft an extra WR or DE in the first 3-4 rounds then I am all for it. 

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I would pay Henry big bucks.. Beane seems to give himself an inexpensive out after two years in most of these contracts. 
We could easily give him 8-10 million for a year or two and not be hurt at all. There’s been mixed reports if Tennessee is going to pay him or let him walk. Drafting is fine but throwing one dart doesn’t always work out. 
There is no sure thing that every running back drafted is going to produce. 
I have never been a Hunt fan, not sure he’ll ever replicate what he did in KC that one season 

Henry’s size + Allens size = a backfield no one wants to tackle.  Then bring in the 5’7 shifty bowling ball Singletary to add a different element.