Ex-Patriots rival picks Tre'Davious White over Stephon Gilmore as NFL Defensive MVP

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Probably just seems he gets away with more because he doesn't get flagged against Buffalo.

probably seems to get away with it more because you were far more likely to have a major reaction when he got flagged here while a flag there is met with a quiet muttering of “oh called for once”

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

probably seems to get away with it more because you were far more likely to have a major reaction when he got flagged here while a flag there is met with a quiet muttering of “oh called for once”

Meh, I meant in general.  I personally don't have a problem with corners being allowed to get a little handsy.  Its when its blatantly obvious the reason a dude cant catch a ball is because he can't.  Also, when refs call stuff one way but not the other.  Call it or don't but be consistent.  That's when I care.  

As for my post that you quoted... I wasn't saying that he gets away with it against Buffalo.  I was suggesting that people may think he gets away with it for NE because he plays Buffalo twice.  This is when people are mostly paying attention and he doesn't get called for anything.

This is probably all worded crappily as I am tired as hell right now.

This offseason is the time to extend him and we'll pry have to set the market for him.  It will save us money in the long run though as each new CB contract will set the market (Jalen Ramsey, Marcus Peters, Byron Jones).

6 hours ago, hemma said:

May be my bias, but Gilmore seems to get away with holding more in NE than he did with the Bills.

Here, the flags would fly.

The Patriots are allowed to manhandle this is fact. Manning’s Colts would have had at least two more superbowls if the refs didn’t completely change their rules regarding PI once the playoffs began. It wasn’t manning choking it was the rules being changed once the playoffs began. Absolute joke

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is your bias. 

No it’s not. Pats DBs have always gotten away w more contact since Kraft/Brady particularly once the playoffs started

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

The Patriots are allowed to manhandle this is fact. Manning’s Colts would have had at least two more superbowls if the refs didn’t completely change their rules regarding PI once the playoffs began. It wasn’t manning choking it was the rules being changed once the playoffs began. Absolute joke

No it’s not. Pats DBs have always gotten away w more contact since Kraft/Brady particularly once the playoffs started

Yawn. 

7 hours ago, hemma said:

May be my bias, but Gilmore seems to get away with holding more in NE than he did with the Bills.

Here, the flags would fly.

he’s a very grabby player. You could call him for illegal contact on just about every play. it’s like playing Really physical man defense in b-ball— the guys that do all the hand-checking will hey called for it once in a while, but not all the time. 

1) Cromartie is not the example of strong source. Dude couldn’t figure out a condom

2) Gilmore has been amazing and been very good for most of his career. Still some salty Bills fans who can’t admit they were wrong about him.

3) Tre has been awesome and might be the best young cb in the NFL.  He just made the pro bowl.  I’m so sick of the victim mentality some fans have.  Smart football people know how good Tre is. 

4) stats is a really dumb way to compare cbs.  The better of a corner you are, the less you get attacked.  

the what ifs of Gilmore are Re-signing are amazing. If we keep him, maybe they draft Mahomes or Watson.  Or they keep him and still draft White and have the best cb tandem in the nfl.

either way, it worked out for everyone.  For as many problems as this franchise has had, we are amazing at drafting cbs and rbs.

23 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

he’s a very grabby player. You could call him for illegal contact on just about every play. it’s like playing Really physical man defense in b-ball— the guys that do all the hand-checking will hey called for it once in a while, but not all the time. 

The rules against defensive backs are such a joke. It is physical the hardest position in sports.  Cover a 4.4 guy who knows where he is going without breathing on him on an island.  The good corners today are such special talents.  

Besides QB,  CB is the toughest position in the NFL

WRs have ALL the advantages and CBs are playing catch-up from the snap

Tre has everything you could ever want in a CB.. student of the game, doesn't make same mistake twice, excellent closing speed, quick twitch athlete, became a ball hawk

Tre keeps this up for 10 years he'll be wearing a gold jacket