Wk 16 SNF: KC at Chicago

Just now, Doc Brown said:

So.  We want the Chiefs to win one of their next two and the Titans to win next week....or the Chiefs win their two remaining games.  Those two scenarios get us Houston in the WC.  Correct?

I think it's safe to just assume that everyone in this thread has been drinking for 9+ hours.

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Trubisky throws a really flat deep ball, kinda like what we’ve seen from Allen this year (except for yesterday to Brown).   That no trajectory pass is often overthrown.  

It’s a big thing for Allen to work on.

Proper loft to the corner of the End Zone is a critical skill that Josh lacks. You must be able to drop balls in, over the defender and in front of the end line.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

So.  We want the Chiefs to win one of their next two and the Titans to win next week....or the Chiefs win their two remaining games.  Those two scenarios get us Houston in the WC.  Correct?

yep

5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I think it's safe to just assume that everyone in this thread has been drinking for 9+ hours.

yep

• Haha (+1) 2

Interesting observation in reaction to all the Mahmes love on 2BD:

Versus New England

Mahomes = 26/40 for 283 yards;  1 TD & 1 INT;  QB rating of 84;  6 rushes for 6 yards.  Total yards = 289

Allen = 13/26 for 208 yards; 2 TD's & 0 INT;  QB rating of 103;  7 rushes for 43 yards.  Total yards = 251

Seems like very comparable games against a great defense in their house.  Sure KC beat NE 23 - 16 and the Bills lost 24 - 17..  But would folks agree that KC has a better set of skill players?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Versus New England

Mahomes = 26/40 for 283 yards;  1 TD & 1 INT;  QB rating of 84;  6 rushes for 6 yards.  Total yards = 289

Allen = 13/26 for 208 yards; 2 TD's & 0 INT;  QB rating of 103;  7 rushes for 43 yards.  Total yards = 251

Seems like very comparable games against a great defense in their house.  Sure KC beat NE 23 - 16 and the Bills lost 24 - 17..  But would folks agree that KC has a better set of skill players?

The Chiefs defense out played the Bills defense, which sucks as well.

You could argue another difference is that Mahomes is better than Allen, but that’s okay too.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 2

To be honest watching Sunday night football is becoming a chore & a bore.  Al Micheals isn't very observant and he's got a bit of a nasty streak.  And Collinsworth is insufferable and wears his favoritism on his sleeve. 

As for the game - the Bears fans can boo all they want but Turbisky has been running for his life.  And I didn't realize the Bears had lost all 3 TE's from last season. 

• Like (+1) 3

KC is probably the only team that really scares me. Andy Reid really has all the pieces to make that scheme work. They don’t even need to run the ball just send 5 guys out and someone is always wide open. I do not like our D against them. Mahomes will eat the zone between the linebackers and safeties all day long. If the safeties cheat up he’ll go over the top. Just a crazy good job of matching players to fit scheme over there. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

The Chiefs defense out played the Bills defense, which sucks as well.

You could argue another difference is that Mahomes is better than Allen, but that’s okay too.

I would agree that Mahomes is better then Allen - right now.  But the difference in skill players can not be disputed - at least by a rational person. 

I would also argue that the Bills got the Pats A+ game and the Chiefs got their B game. 

My point was that when both QB's played NE on the road, only a couple of weeks apart and against one of the top 3 D's in the NFL and they both played equally well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rc2catch said:

KC is probably the only team that really scares me. Andy Reid really has all the pieces to make that scheme work. They don’t even need to run the ball just send 5 guys out and someone is always wide open. I do not like our D against them. Mahomes will eat the zone between the linebackers and safeties all day long. If the safeties cheat up he’ll go over the top. Just a crazy good job of matching players to fit scheme over there. 

KC is the team I want to avoid myself

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

KC is the team I want to avoid myself

I can’t see any way we can matchup against them. Even with a pass rush (mack) someone is just always open. 
Not just basing it on tonight but everytime I watch them any pass where they send 5 guys out it’s just not possible to cover them all. 

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I can’t see any way we can matchup against them. Even with a pass rush (mack) someone is just always open. 
Not just basing it on tonight but everytime I watch them any pass where they send 5 guys out it’s just not possible to cover them all. 

Only thing I can say is the bills bend but don't break could slow them down and hold them to fgs

The bills defensive speed is what could make it work. But we would give up yards and time of possession

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Versus New England

Mahomes love on 2BD? This is the only place you will ever see anyone try to argue Allen will ever be half of what Mahomes is currently

20 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I would agree that Mahomes is better then Allen - right now.  But the difference in skill players can not be disputed - at least by a rational person. 

I would also argue that the Bills got the Pats A+ game and the Chiefs got their B game. 

My point was that when both QB's played NE on the road, only a couple of weeks apart and against one of the top 3 D's in the NFL and they both played equally well. 

I think the Pats played as hard against the Chiefs, they were playing for 1st seed.

The Chiefs are better offensively than the Bills at skill positions and QB, no doubt.

35 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Versus New England

im glad you included Allen’s rushing yards too. So many analysts blow off his rushing yards and TDs when talking about him as a quarterback.  Well all those yards and TDs are just as important whether he runs em or throws em.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Fades to the corner are such low percentage throws , even if they’re low risk. Probably why Daboll loves them 

Such a bad play on 4th down. Nfl teams love fades on 4th down for whatever reason

Also Someone should tell the bears they're down 3 scores

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Mahomes love on 2BD? This is the only place you will ever see anyone try to argue Allen will ever be half of what Mahomes is currently

I really like Allen’s potential, and I disagree with your take that Allen will never be “half” as good as Mahomes. I really believe Allen could potentially develop into something special. In truth, none of us know at this point.

However, I do agree with your point it’s absurd how many people on TBD feel the need to put down Mahomes. The dude is an elite QB, and one of the best in the game right now. Comparing him to Allen by doing things like cherry picking stats is ridiculous. I actually like Josh Allen, but it shouldn’t mean we aren’t allowed to comment on how good Mahomes is. That’s just typical Bills fan insecurity. Saying Allen is at Mahomes level is crazy. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

I really like Allen’s potential, and I disagree with your take that Allen will never be “half” as good as Mahomes. I really believe Allen could potentially develop into something special. In truth, none of us know at this point.

However, I do agree with your point it’s absurd how many people on TBD feel the need to put down Mahomes. The dude is an elite QB, and one of the best in the game right now. Comparing him to Allen by doing things like cherry picking stats is ridiculous. I actually like Josh Allen, but it shouldn’t mean we aren’t allowed to comment on how good Mahomes is. That’s just typical Bills fan insecurity. Saying Allen is at Mahomes level is crazy. 

I've heard people put down Mahomes, Jackson and Watson yet mostly big up Allen. Funny

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

I've heard people put down Mahomes, Jackson and Watson yet mostly big up Allen. Funny

It’s ok to like Allen, I know that I do. There aren’t many good QB’s in the AFC. I’d take Allen over half (maybe more) of the other AFC QB’s. I just don’t understand why people need to say guys like Mahomes, Jackson, and Watson aren’t as good as Allen. You can like Allen without being in denial of reality. Allen isn’t as good as those guys right now, it’s simply a fact. 

• Like (+1) 2