Yesterday proved another thing we need a hammer back

Motor is a really good back with great physicality for his size. Unfortunately if you have an OC that's incredibly predictable and an O line that just isn't physical enough from the Tackle position it makes for some tough sledding. Yes we need another back, a bruising, pile moving type. But Devin has all the qualities to be a feature RB.

• Like (+1) 1

We don’t have enough physicality on either side of the ball.  When your QB is your toughest mofo, that’s not a good thing.  

As good as our safeties are in coverage, we need somebody back there who’s gonna bring the wood.  Brady should’ve have been sent to the blue tent on his run by the goal line.  And there were too many runs to count where the Patriots would’ve had 2-3 yards less per run if we had a safety who could come in and clean up a play.  

• Like (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I'm gonna keep typing his name, Jonathan Taylor.

He’s my favorite back coming out the past few years, including Zeke and Barkley.  I really love the way the dude runs.

But it’s not close to a need and it would be a total waste of resources to draft a RB high right now.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No.  A scat back.  Someone who can go in motion, catch the ball on third down.  One more chess piece that Daboll can use to keep linebackers and safeties guessing.  Would be the perfect compliment to Motor’s efficiency.

Yeah someone with the breakaway speed Motor lacks.

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No.  A scat back.  Someone who can go in motion, catch the ball on third down.  One more chess piece that Daboll can use to keep linebackers and safeties guessing.  Would be the perfect compliment to Motor’s efficiency.

Why can't we have both?

• Like (+1) 1