Allen slammed on ESPN

42 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Have you not noticed that tons of folks here follow football like a soap opera and engage most heavily in the most soapy story lines?

Regarding the video: I didn't have a problem with it!  High praise for our D, our "win now" roster all over the field but at the QB position, and it asserts that Josh will struggle against good teams with good quarterbacks in the playoffs.

That's all accurate.  Josh hasn't had a good day against a good QB yet.

First off, Josh doesn't play against QBs.

Second, Josh didn't have a great game against Dak Prescott on national TV? Or is it that Dak, who is top 5 in TDs, yards, and YPA, doesn't count because reasons?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Flashy for sure. In fact, he leads the NFL in passing yards.

He also leads the league in interceptions by a mile--33% more than anyone else. In fact, his total TD to total TO ratio is 31:30; that's pretty bad.

By contrast, Allen has a passer rating that's only 3 points behind Jameis. He also has a total TD to total TO ratio of 27:13.

So for as fantastic as Jameis appears to be, he's scored 4 more TDs than Allen and has turned the ball over 17 more times.

I'm glad we're discussing Winston, who I was going to bring up in a separate thread. He's one of the most interesting cases in the NFL right now. TB is third in both points and scoring, and they are an offensive machine. They should also by all rights be 8-6 (they missed a chip shot FG vs. the Giants that would have won the game), and they've won four in row. He is on pace to throw for over 5,200 yards, which even in this day and age is MASSIVE. Basically, their offense is unstoppable unless you intercept him (which happens a lot, I know).  I guess my point is that with an even moderately improved defense and slightly improved ability to avoid INTs, we're looking at a team that no one would want to face. I don't know what's going to happen with him, but even with the INTs, he's mostly clicking on all cylinders now. When I watch them, they seem to move up and down the field at will.

This video generated a 9 page thread on this message board in just 6 hours. These type of takes get reactions and clicks. Reactions and clicks = revenue. 

We have been falling for this trick for years. One of the easier ways to have a video go viral is to say something crazy about the Bills. Not only will it come up at that time, but resurface over and over and over. These days all you have to do is say something about Josh Allen and ohhhh boy all of your accounts will get comments and views.

Edited by Elite Poster

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm glad we're discussing Winston, who I was going to bring up in a separate thread. He's one of the most interesting cases in the NFL right now. TB is third in both points and scoring, and they are an offensive machine. They should also by all rights be 8-6 (they missed a chip shot FG vs. the Giants that would have won the game), and they've won four in row. He is on pace to throw for over 5,200 yards, which even in this day and age is MASSIVE. Basically, their offense is unstoppable unless you intercept him (which happens a lot, I know).  I guess my point is that with an even moderately improved defense and slightly improved ability to avoid INTs, we're looking at a team that no one would want to face. I don't know what's going to happen with him, but even with the INTs, he's mostly clicking on all cylinders now. When I watch them, they seem to move up and down the field at will.

He's sort of like the anti-Allen. They both move the ball well, and they both get the ball in the end zone. Jameis, however, doesn't seem to care at all about taking care of the football. Never has.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As an FSU fan, I follow Winston and watch a few of the Bucs game down here. He was a turnover machine at FSU and still doing it in the pros. Earlier this season, his coach told reporters after the game the WR's were at fault for the Int's in that particular game. Basically blamed the WR's, not Winston. He's smart as hell when it comes to football. There were cases where Jimbo Fisher would yell at him on the sidelines after a play, only to apologize after watching the film. I believe he's playing on his option year of the rookie contract. I think they franchise him next year and give it another go. Tampa needs defense in the worst way. Even when he doesn't turn it over, they have to score a ton because they can't stop anyone. They also need to get a running game going. Winston excels when he play action at his disposal.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

He's sort of like the anti-Allen. They both move the ball well, and they both get the ball in the end zone. Jameis, however, doesn't seem to care at all about taking care of the football. Never has.

Yeah, true. I just think he takes a ton of criticism for the obvious stuff, but doesn't really get the credit he probably deserves for the massive production. I mean, 5,226 yards (what he's on pace for) would be fourth all time, and if gets 10 more yards beyond that, it'll be third all time. I know he's missing some receivers tonight, but Houston's pass D is *terrible* (near the bottom of every category) and Atlanta's pass D is almost as bad.  It could well happen!

Someone should call ESPN and drop this nugget of information on them:

ONLY 5 QBs in the NFL have more TDs than Josh Allen this year:

Lamar - 40

Watson - 33

Wilson - 31

Winston - 31

Dak - 29

Allen - 27

Furthermore, ONLY Lamar has more than Josh does since the week 4 NE game where Josh has 21 TDS to only 4 turnovers.

And two of those guys above are the front runners for MVP and every single one of those 5 have a substantially better group of weapons around the QB.  

Bonus facts:  Josh holds the longest streak in the NFL this year of multi TD games.  He has the most 4th quarter comebacks in the NFL since entering the league despite missing parts or all of 6 games.  He is also the highest rated passer in the NFL on 3rd and long, one of the highest rated passers in the 4th quarter, and leads one of the top red zone offenses in the NFL.

Final fun fact:  Bills are second in the NFL in dropped passes.

This is why bad shows like this should not be taken seriously.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

As an FSU fan, I follow Winston and watch a few of the Bucs game down here. He was a turnover machine at FSU and still doing it in the pros. Earlier this season, his coach told reporters after the game the WR's were at fault for the Int's in that particular game. Basically blamed the WR's, not Winston. He's smart as hell when it comes to football. There were cases where Jimbo Fisher would yell at him on the sidelines after a play, only to apologize after watching the film. I believe he's playing on his option year of the rookie contract. I think they franchise him next year and give it another go. Tampa needs defense in the worst way. Even when he doesn't turn it over, they have to score a ton because they can't stop anyone. They also need to get a running game going. Winston excels when he play action at his disposal.

Excellent take.  This is why I never liked the EJ Manual pick.  If you watched FSU the last year EJ was there they won games, but Fisher really ran a dumb down offense.  The year later when Winston took over it was like a totally different offense.  My point is JF obviously trusted Winston a hell of a lot more than he trusted EJ.  That always concerned me about him.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Someone should call ESPN and drop this nugget of information on them:

ONLY 5 QBs in the NFL have more TDs than Josh Allen this year:

Lamar - 40

Watson - 33

Wilson - 31

Winston - 31

Dak - 29

Allen - 27

Furthermore, ONLY Lamar has more than Josh does since the week 4 NE game where Josh has 21 TDS to only 4 turnovers.

And two of those guys above are the front runners for MVP and every single one of those 5 have a substantially better group of weapons around the QB.  

Bonus facts:  Josh holds the longest streak in the NFL this year of multi TD games.  He has the most 4th quarter comebacks in the NFL since entering the league despite missing parts or all of 6 games.  He is also the highest rated passer in the NFL on 3rd and long, one of the highest rated passers in the 4th quarter, and leads one of the top red zone offenses in the NFL.

Final fun fact:  Bills are second in the NFL in dropped passes.

This is why bad shows like this should not be taken seriously.  

Uh, that's all well and good, but have you only watched Josh once and focused on completion percentage and draft analysis to form your opinion?  …..because that's how the big bucks are made.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I know i am not uber popular here, but guys ignore the noise!! they do it for ratings, they want people upset so you tune back in tomorrow or after he throws 4 TDs 0 INT for 350 yards.. just hear them say they were wrong..

I know this because this is the same station has Max K. been predicting Bradys cliff falling for the last 6 years.. just for rating and youtube hits. 

So enjoy the ride you dont know how long it will last and well why get angry with tools whose job is to get you to tune in one way or the other. 

(IMO to early calll Allen a FQB or a bust... just not enough time.)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Excellent take.  This is why I never liked the EJ Manual pick.  If you watched FSU the last year EJ was there they won games, but Fisher really ran a dumb down offense.  The year later when Winston took over it was like a totally different offense.  My point is JF obviously trusted Winston a hell of a lot more than he trusted EJ.  That always concerned me about him.

Spot on. 

Probably has been mentioned already but you all know Dan & Company are out of Miami and are huge Dolphins fans?

Also Dan hates the kind of team we have. He has stated plenty of times he wants all teams in a dome so weather would never be a factor and he wants every game to be a shoot out.

I stopped listening to what he said the other day when he was railing on Allen saying he would never trust him in the 4th quarter. It's his biggest strength but Dan doesn't care about being correct he just wants to seem smart.

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wow! We’ve seen significant improvement from him this season compared to the raw rookie last year. Is there much room to grow? Yes, and he wants to! It’s frustrating at times, but when the chips are down, I want him on my team. 

Agreed my friend!

Since week 4 Josh Allen has a 15:3 TD to INT ratio and an add'l 6 Rushing TDs.  Last 10 week average QB rating of 95 and ESPN QBR  of 53.  Both are better than Brady YTD

51 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Who do we consider a good QB? 

Recently, we've played two good QB's.  Dak and Lamar. 

Josh looked elite against Dallas.  Josh looked terrible against Baltimore. 

I think the differentiator is the defense.  He's struggled against the best defenses in the league, but been pretty good lately against a couple above average defenses in Denver and Dallas.  Miami, Denver, Dallas might be the best stretch of his career. 

He seems to struggle with man coverage.

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Uh, that's all well and good, but have you only watched Josh once and focused on completion percentage and draft analysis to form your opinion?  …..because that's how the big bucks are made.

I think the team with the QB having the highest completion percentage in that game should be declared the winner!