Bills Primetime Schedule Next Year

plenzmd1

Just now, corta765 said:

I am just saying enough time has passed to let the trial run go again. Also with the team ascending and getting national attention you don't get to control that as much. If the media wants it at night its happening.

You're probably right.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

We have a bunch of premium opponents on the schedule next year as well.

Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Seattle, New England will all be at home. The Chargers or Jets could also make good prime time games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

The Jets really don't deserve a prime time game given that they suck. But they are a big market team and the league can play up the Allen vs Darnold rivalry.

Exactly. Its about market more then anything. The Bills will get at least two night games plus one or two at 4, but expect them to be against opponents that draw on TV.

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

I agree I prefer 16 games at 1:00 but their is no chance of that happening. The Bills are a good team now and put on a good showing for the national audience against the Boys and Steelers. The Bills are guaranteed some prime time games in 2020.

And also EVERY TEAM gets a Thursday game - it's a rule.  You can wish for the other 15 though it won't happen with their success.

It really depends on how the rest of the season goes. I think we'll get 2-3 PT games depending on how the season goes. If we win a playoff game we'll get 3. AFC championship could get us 4, but I doubt it. Superbowl appearance/win would put us in the 5 range. 

As for what:

I expect that we'll get a SNF game at home, against the Pats makes sense- especially early season. If Brady is gone this is a really safe bet as they will want to see how the division is gonna shape up.

We'll probably pick up a thursday night game and I could see that being on the road vs. one of the NFC West Opponents - Arizona maybe? 

Playoff rematches are big deals, so we could see something in that area. last year the Chiefs beat Colts and it wasn't close, but they were matched up on Sunday night this year (pre-luck retirment). So if we play the Chiefs in the postseason and it's a good game they might throw that on Sunday or Monday. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You're probably right.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

We have a bunch of premium opponents on the schedule next year as well.

Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Seattle, New England will all be at home. The Chargers or Jets could also make good prime time games. 

I'm hoping we won't be playing the Steelers next year...  :)

The Ravens game next year will be a Sunday nighter!!!  ?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am bored, and been thinking about  the Bills and their schedule next year, and here are some predictions

#1) If neither the Bills or the Pats win the Superbowl, Bills-Pats is the Sunday night opener..bank on it. Bills getting all kind of love now, NBC will love how jacked that stadium will be for next season, live shots of the lots and crazy fans,  built in storyline if Brady is, or is not, still in New England. Wish i could bet this now, i am 100% convinced this will happen.

2) In the slight possibility we do not play that game Sunday, will be the early Monday night game.

3) Think we get one other home Monday night game. Yep, two home prime time games. 

4) Bills-Chiefs in Orchard Park will be a late season 4:20 game. TV loves snow games, and hope this will be a big clash and hopefully some snow mixed in.

5) On the road for a Thursday nighter. 

Put down the drugs now. There is no way we see New England-Buffalo on opening Sunday night. Small-markets teams with little national following do not get that time slot on opening week.

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I prefer NO PRIME TIME GAMES, the national media can just stay out of our house. They can't be trusted

Pun intended?

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

With all the west coast trips they'll be making next year, can easily see one or two of them being the 4:25 start.  Typically there's at least 2 games scheduled in that time slot, so if the Bills were to falter next season, that would become the game only a small viewership sees.  The San Fran game would be one strong possibility, maybe Vegas.

All west coast games are in that time slot. You cannot have west coast games in the 1 PM slot.

Edited by egd

I don't expect more than three prime time games next year, probably even just two. I'd guess one Sunday and one Monday nighter, and one Thursday nighter. Highly doubt four.

39 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

And also EVERY TEAM gets a Thursday game - it's a rule.  You can wish for the other 15 though it won't happen with their success.

NFL has stopped that rule a few years ago. It is no longer a requirement for every team to have a night game, its why the TNF game schedule has improved they stopped doing the divisional matchups being mandatory. Now do most teams get at least one game? Yes but I do believe it was the Browns or Jags recently did not have any.

23 minutes ago, egd said:

The NFL won't schedule a west coast team vs. an east coast one in London.

Chargers played the Titans last year in London

• Like (+1) 2

Sorry but I don't see it with this team still getting a lot of hate from powers that be in the league. If i were a betting man (which I'm not) i would say two prime time games at the most. A Thursday night home game and one Monday night away game where we will have to play either the Chiefs or more likely the Seahawks.

1 hour ago, egd said:

Put down the drugs now. There is no way we see New England-Buffalo on opening Sunday night. Small-markets teams with little national following do not get that time slot on opening week.

I believe the Bills have drawn stronger ratings in the Thanksgiving hame and Sunday night game than other teams in the same slot. And don’t underestimate the draw of #billsmafia and how electric that stadium will be with all the expectations next year will bring. 

2 hours ago, egd said:

All west coast games are in that time slot. You cannot have west coast games in the 1 PM slot.

Untrue!  I never said 4 o'clock or 1 o'clock, I was specifically talking about 4:25 starts.   There are west coast games that are televised nationally to the majority of the county that start at 4:25 as part of that networks double header coverage and there are west coast games that start at 4:05 that get televised only to the markets of the teams playing and it's the single game coverage only.  Like this weekend Detroit at Denver will only be seen in those two markets and there's no televised early game on that same network either. 

The Bills play 4 late games next season, likely the one in San Fran and maybe Vegas will be 4:25 starts where as Arizona and Denver may be 4:05 starts.  It was stated that teams can only be on national television 6 times I believe so not likely that all four of those will be 4:25 starts as likely a game against NE may either be prime time or also a 4:25 double header  as may be the Steelers game and even one of the games against either KC or Seattle.  Don't think all of them will be, but enough better games to pick from that the likelihood IMO that all 4 west coast games start at 4:25 is low.

• Like (+1) 1

we prob get 1 home primetime game and maybe another away thursday night game but thats about it

don't get it confused, the league still doesn't care about the Bills. I guarantee you the Browns and Dolphins (with Tua) will have more primetime games than us, bc thats how this league works. 

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

we prob get 1 home primetime game and maybe another away thursday night game but thats about it

don't get it confused, the league still doesn't care about the Bills. I guarantee you the Browns and Dolphins (with Tua) will have more primetime games than us, bc thats how this league works. 

I disagree.  We are a good story and more and more media is picking it up and rooting for us.  Josh Allen is a story with 9 rushing TD's, the tailgating is a story and the weather, along with the hard nosed defense.  Teams in NY and LA will get more games than their record deserves, but I do think there's more following for the Bills than maybe around half the teams in the league.

We'll find out in about 5 months

5 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I think Chiefs at Bills is a Sunday night, and Seattle at Bills is a Monday night. Maybe a Thursday night on the road vs the Jets.

I just hope you're right that those are both home games.  Two of the toughest places to play in the league.  On the other hand , road games in LA and Vegas don't bother me at all and I haven't heard that either SF or Arizona has any big home crowd advantage.

49 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

I just hope you're right that those are both home games.  Two of the toughest places to play in the league.  On the other hand , road games in LA and Vegas don't bother me at all and I haven't heard that either SF or Arizona has any big home crowd advantage.

They are definitely home games. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/schedule/future-opponents

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I prefer NO PRIME TIME GAMES, the national media can just stay out of our house. They can't be trusted

1. If you are a playoff team, you WILL get prime time games, so get used to it. That is a sign of SUCCESS.

2. The national media isn't a problem at all... it's the LOCAL media that hassled the Bills.

I'll take a Sunday nighter, but could care less if we have a Monday Night game unless in Buffalo. It means two extra days off for me if I travel to it and that sucks.Also, I don't mind watching the team on Sunday Nights (Al and Cris), but the Monday Night crew and production is nothing short of abysmal.