Wk 15: SUNDAY NITE FOOTBALL! Bills at Steelers 8:20 on NBC PostGame Thread

This was a huge victory and shouldn't be underestimated because it wasn't the most aesthetic performance. The Bills scored first and that took a whole lot of energy out of that building. They rose to the occasion when needed. I was fully expecting another Bills late season "tough" loss, so I have no shame about a "tough" win.

That Duck character is obviously not a great QB, but he's "fine" if you give him time to throw. What I found surprising was their ability to get in his face early and often. That has been missing for part of the season and that is what often leads to turnovers. 

Got a feeling we're gonna see Edmunds blitzing a whole lot more going forward. 6'5 250 pound LB who runs a 4.5 coming right at can't be the most pleasant feeling. Probably should be giving that a shot or two next week with Tommy Boy.

9 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Tomlin gave the bills more credit in a 3 minute presser than the media did all week and leading up into finally winning. 

Very classy after a tough loss.  Imagine what a petulant mumbling sore child Bellicheat would have been in the same situation - have to wait for next week for that

9 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Tomlin gave the bills more credit in a 3 minute presser than the media did all week and leading up into finally winning. 

Yup. I liked what he said about winning the important moments, something he said they prided themselves on as a franchise. Seemed like pretty high praise.

12 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Yup. I liked what he said about winning the important moments, something he said they prided themselves on as a franchise. Seemed like pretty high praise.

4th quarter, tie game, AT HOME, under the lights in prime time. they break out there "secret weapon"(renegade), elite defense ready to roll...…. and they got to meet "4th Quarter Josh" up close and personal!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nucci said:

and you're sure he would have had a great game last night?

LOL. Re Rothlisberger: Would he have had a Great game? Maybe......but certainly he would have been about 10x better than an undrafted, 4th string QB.

Cmon man, get real here....Big Ben will be in the Hall of Fame, while Duck Hodges will be an answer to a trivia question in a few years.

Edited by John in Jax

On 12/16/2019 at 2:33 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Duck, Duck.....

https://www.steelers.com/video/hodges-the-ball-didn-t-bounce-our-way

"It wasn't that we weren't trying to make plays....we were definitely trying and sometimes the ball didn't bounce our way"

"What are they, 9 and 5 now?  They're a solid defense and they're a good team" (he's trying to give us credit but Man, does he sound Lukewarm..lacking in graciousness and overall comes across to me as kind of clueless) 

[He does take some responsibility, say stuff like I didn't execute and I need to play better but overall....well, judge for yourselves]

Compare and contrast with Tomlin, who shoots straight and gives us props.  Asked what was supposed to happen on the backend when we scored our go-ahead TD: "They made a Quality play...I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge that they executed in that instance...AND OTHERS " (said that last as though it hurt).  Says what led to the turnovers was "quality execution by those guys".  Says we have a really good defense, "we knew that, they confirmed it."

https://www.steelers.com/video/tomlin-we-have-to-assume-responsibility

Mad respect for Tomlin, and Harbaugh last week

On 12/15/2019 at 9:13 PM, CincyBillsFan said:

The offense is NOT a mess.  Check out Cincinnati or the Redskins to see bad offenses.

The Bills offense is a work in progress.  It's red zone production is quite good; they've had numerous LONG and CLUTCH TD drives this season.  They do lack consistency but that will be corrected with time. 

The Bills played an elite defense tonight on the road and the offense played okay and well enough to WIN.  And when all is said & done that's all that matters.

a 'mess' is different in that it looks disorganized.doesnt men they are awful. so i think u misinterpreted

On 12/16/2019 at 2:08 PM, John in Jax said:

LOL. Re Rothlisberger: Would he have had a Great game? Maybe......but certainly he would have been about 10x better than an undrafted, 4th string QB.

Cmon man, get real here....Big Ben will be in the Hall of Fame, while Duck Hodges will be an answer to a trivia question in a few years.

Ben was horrendous in weeks 1 and 2 before his injury and looks as in shape as Daboll is. We still would have won the game.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/16/2019 at 7:39 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

We're not that good in offense yet, so why take chances when you have a shut down defense? How is that not obvious?

Ben, Rudolph...who's the third stringer?

Promo, they traded Josh Dobbs to Jags after Foles injury and then activated Duck Hodges 

• Thank you (+1) 1