Wk 15: SUNDAY NITE FOOTBALL! Bills at Steelers 8:20 on NBC PostGame Thread

6 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Just got a warning for saying someone was pathetic, this isn’t worth it... I expect more from this offense cause I would like to go to the super bowl not just make the playoffs. I’m going to bed....

You do that.  Things will look better in the morning.

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

R-E-L-A-X

We all want a better offense. And their's no reason to think they won't be better next year. But this is year two of a complete overhaul of the offense. Year two for a young QB that was a big project coming out of the draft. This team is way ahead of schedule and that includes the young QB. 

You are right, but there is no reason why we can’t be better with who we have now with smarter play calling and of course better execution. You never know what may happen next year, what injuries, what things may happen. Nobody ever thought after we lost our last playoff game in the early 2000’s we would have such a drought , you never know what next year will bring, we need to make the most of this opportunity, and worry about next year next year. Thank you for being so polite in your response, I appreciate it...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Ooh typing fast on the phone and you sit there and grade people on grammar, you must be a treat at parties, didn’t realize this was a English class. You go ahead and be happy with just making the playoffs, I want a super bowl. Good for you and your low expectations....

Lol.  Sad.  So it's a certainty that this team is done?  Don't be so negative.  If the players had your attitude we would be cooked!

Watched this game without posting. What a ride the game was. Two unbelievable defenses duking it out in a classic NFL December football game. 

Then I come here and read the GDT. 

So many of y'all have no clue how to watch big football games featuring premiere defenses. So many people didn't have their fingers on the pulse of the game. It was like they were watching reruns of their draft comments from 2018 rather than a playoff-clinching win on the road against a top 5 defense in the league (and for my money, the scariest defense we'll face all year). 

Yeah, no ***** Allen isn't ready to dice up a defense like this on the road in prime time. If he was, we'd win the super bowl, RIGHT NOW. He had a bad game. He's going to have a lot more, even if he becomes great. It's how the NFL works . The best QBs put up multiple crummy stat lines and bad performances, usually against defenses like Pittsburgh, or ours. He'll get there, and for now, I'll settle for 4th quarter game winning drives against a defense that has multiple pro bowlers on every level, the most turnovers and sacks in a league, that is a threat to score a TD of their own on any given play. If we have to move on from Allen because he can't take that step by year 4, then we will. 

For now, we are ***** 10 and ***** 4 baby 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language
  • Awesome! (+1) 8

8 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Ooh typing fast on the phone and you sit there and grade people on grammar, you must be a treat at parties, didn’t realize this was a English class. You go ahead and be happy with just making the playoffs, I want a super bowl. Good for you and your low expectations....

You have to get to the playoffs first to make it to the Super Bowl....so they accomplished the first step.  I think you believe the Super Bowl can be won in December.  I’m letting you know...not possible.

I thought Buffalo played really close to the vest on offense against Pittsburgh.  Daboll appears to want to avoid exposing Allen to a lot of risk in his play calling, knowing his propensity to throw interceptions earlier in the year.  I think next year Daboll will open it up a little more.  Thinking about the playoffs, I think the Bills might end up playing the winner of the AFC South in the wild card game (assuming New England does not lose out).  Whether it is the Titans or the Texans, I don't think the Bills need be afraid of them.  No, it won't be a cakewalk, but the Bills have the talent to stay with either team, and stand a good chance of winning.  After that, it gets interesting. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You are right, but there is no reason why we can’t be better with who we have now with smarter play calling and of course better execution. You never know what may happen next year, what injuries, what things may happen. Nobody ever thought after we lost our last playoff game in the early 2000’s we would have such a drought , you never know what next year will bring, we need to make the most of this opportunity, and worry about next year next year. Thank you for being so polite in your response, I appreciate it...

I would do anything for love...but I won’t do THAT.

10 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I thought Buffalo played really close to the vest on offense against Pittsburgh.  Daboll appears to want to avoid exposing Allen to a lot of risk in his play calling, knowing his propensity to throw interceptions earlier in the year.  I think next year Daboll will open it up a little more.  Thinking about the playoffs, I think the Bills might end up playing the winner of the AFC South in the wild card game (assuming New England does not lose out).  Whether it is the Titans or the Texans, I don't think the Bills need be afraid of them.  No, it won't be a cakewalk, but the Bills have the talent to stay with either team, and stand a good chance of winning.  After that, it gets interesting. 

I just think we continue to see a game plan that involves the overall team. When we play a team with a perceived weak offense we are going to play it close to the vest. 
Against the Cowboys and Ravens we saw a much more aggressive game plan on both sides of the ball. More blitzes and “shot” plays. 

IF the Bills feel like they can dominant on defense they just aren’t going to take a lot of chances. We’ve seen it all year. 

Edited by wvbillsfan

14 minutes ago, arcane said:

Watched this game without posting. What a ride the game was. Two unbelievable defenses duking it out in a classic NFL December football game. 

Then I come here and read the GDT. 

So many of y'all have no clue how to watch big football games featuring premiere defenses. So many people didn't have their fingers on the pulse of the game. It was like they were watching reruns of their draft comments from 2018 rather than a playoff-clinching win on the road against a top 5 defense in the league (and for my money, the scariest defense we'll face all year). 

Yeah, no ***** Allen isn't ready to dice up a defense like this on the road in prime time. If he was, we'd win the super bowl, RIGHT NOW. He had a bad game. He's going to have a lot more, even if he becomes great. It's how the NFL works . The best QBs put up multiple crummy stat lines and bad performances, usually against defenses like Pittsburgh, or ours. He'll get there, and for now, I'll settle for 4th quarter game winning drives against a defense that has multiple pro bowlers on every level, the most turnovers and sacks in a league, that is a threat to score a TD of their own on any given play. If we have to move on from Allen because he can't take that step by year 4, then we will. 

For now, we are ***** 10 and ***** 4 baby 

No, Allen did not have a bad game.  His receivers continue to let him down with drops and his offensive coordinator won’t take off the training wheels, for some reason.  He played well, under the circumstances.  

We should have beaten that team by three touchdowns, by the way.

• Like (+1) 2