Every Cole Beasley catch vs. the Cowboys

Real McClappy

Figured I share, mods delete if already out there.

The first throw from our EZ by Allen was simply amazing.  I must have watched it like 10 times in a row now. 

Is it possible we finish the year with TWO 1000 yard WR's? It's going to be close. 

4 games remain:

Brown - 882 yards

Cole - 635 yards

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fplayer-highlights%2F0ap3000001081659%2FEvery-Cole-Beasley-catch-vs-former-team-Week-13

Edited by Real McCoy
link add
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Throws like the one out of the endzone is where the strength of Allen's arm will pay far more dividends during his career than 40-50 yard throws downfield...

agree 100%

Allen's intermediate throws has turned into one his greatest strength IMO. I can't believe how effectively he has developed this year on these throws. 

Hats off to the coaching staff building up Allen. 

• Like (+1) 6

That throw out of the EZ was one hell of a play by Josh & Beasley. Just gotta luv that stuff. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Beas is on pace for about 850, with Brown on pace for 1175. Beas would need a couple more big games to make it happen, but it seems like it could with how he's been playing these past two. 

45 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Throws like the one out of the endzone is where the strength of Allen's arm will pay far more dividends during his career than 40-50 yard throws downfield...

That was a money ball. 20+ yards in the air on a straight line into a tight window. One of maybe 5 dudes who can hit that throw. 

Also, that slot screen isn't getting much attention, but that's a great example of Allen's improved accuracy. That's a throw he's consistently struggled with before, and he nailed it. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Allen's intermediate throws has turned into one his greatest strength IMO. I can't believe how effectively he has developed this year on these throws. 

He threw just like that last season.   He didn't just learn how to do it.   He just didn't throw those passes very often.  What the coaches did was get him to focus on getting the high percentage shorter throw.   

11 hours ago, TuelTime said:

He should've jumped in the kettle on his TD..

I thought the same thing. Issue is the game wasn't in control yet and that would garnered a 15 yd hanky. Had that happened in the 4th with the game in hand I would been all for it. Simply cause it's against his old team and they allow Zeek to do it.

13 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

That was great.

Although I love the 2nd & 20 play where Allen is just standing like a statue, and just throws a laser to Beasley. He threw that like it was so easy. :w00t:

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

That was great.

Although I love the 2nd & 20 play where Allen is just standing like a statue, and just throws a laser to Beasley. He threw that like it was so easy. :w00t:

I'm sure Cowboys players and fans who were watching that felt completely demoralized.  That just does not happen.  The O line gave him all week to make any throw he wanted.  I still can't believe he just stopped moving completely like that.  Steven A said he thought his t.v. was glitching or something.  And Allen's wind up and release is so incredibly quick and he just burns them 20 or 30 yards downfield on a rope like it's 5 yards or something. 

Beasley had so many great catches yesterday that the TD was just another really nice one in a bunch.  This video is great at showing his route running.  You can definitely see how quick he is and how fast he just stops and goes the other way or whichever way he wants.  Looks like Edelman with long blonde hair.  You know the Cowboys secondary was just seething red trying to cover him.  They were pissed and it was fun to watch.

These WR's are really getting into their groove now as a group.  Even Mckenzie and Foster are seeing some action.  If they can really get it clicking and Daboll keeps doing what he seems to be doing now, they are going to be dangerous.  Allen had 11! completions in a row at one point.  And the 12th was the long one to Knox that drew the interference flag so you know that's probably what he was intending to do.  Just friggin' sweet!

I'm getting supremely excited.  Been almost 30 years now since I got on the Bills bandwagon and I'm really, really happy to be a Bills fan right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

that throw you mentioned was one of Allen's best of his career tbh. 

he has done it a few times this season backed into his own endzone. how many times over the years have we crumbled on 3rd down pinned deep, but with Allen he forces a 1st down. 

19 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

He threw just like that last season.   He didn't just learn how to do it.   He just didn't throw those passes very often.  What the coaches did was get him to focus on getting the high percentage shorter throw.   

He like 69% on 3rd and 10+ yards this year. His shorter throws have also greatly improved. 

This is a great situation to be in right now. 

You can see Cole is running on high adrenalin.  After helmet stripped by a clear face mask he is ready to fight but Jon Feliciano comes over and settles him down.  Feliciano is such a solid player.   

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019112801/2019/REG13/bills@cowboys

Big Play

31 Yard Pass
(13:43) (No Huddle, Shotgun) J.Allen pass short middle to C.Beasley to DAL 49 for 16 yards (C.Awuzie). PENALTY on DAL-X.Woods, Face Mask (15 Yards), 15 yards, enforced at DAL 49.
3rd & 4 at BUF 35

On 11/29/2019 at 4:35 PM, Shaw66 said:

I agree with this. He was solid on "stick throws" as a rookie. They didn't go to these plays nearly enough nor did they have the right personnel. 

Where there has been improvement is ball placement on the very short throws. He's not where he needs to be, but it's getting better.

An NFL player whose around my height and weight will automatically get love from me unless they are a serial rapist/killer or just a bad individual.

When I heard the Bills got Cole in the off-season I kinda thought aaah maybe a nice complementary player?   But this guy has been awesome this year 

On 11/29/2019 at 2:01 PM, Real McCoy said:

Figured I share, mods delete if already out there.

The first throw from our EZ by Allen was simply amazing.  I must have watched it like 10 times in a row now. 

Is it possible we finish the year with TWO 1000 yard WR's? It's going to be close. 

4 games remain:

Brown - 882 yards

Cole - 635 yards

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fplayer-highlights%2F0ap3000001081659%2FEvery-Cole-Beasley-catch-vs-former-team-Week-13

Beasley is quietly having a very good year in Buffalo and is approaching career highs both for receptions and yards. I don’t think he’ll top 1,000 yards but man it would be awesome.

Don’t quote me on this, but I believe if it happens  this would be the first time 2 Bills WR’s have topped 1,000 since Peerless Price and Eric Moulds in 2002. 

Edited by Phil The Thrill

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I agree with this. He was solid on "stick throws" as a rookie. They didn't go to these plays nearly enough nor did they have the right personnel. 

Where there has been improvement is ball placement on the very short throws. He's not where he needs to be, but it's getting better.

Agreed.  

All of those phrases applied to young QBs apply to Allen.   The game is slowing down for him.   He understands better what's happening, so he decides to go to the outlet guy more a split second quicker, so he doesn't rush the throw and therefore he throws accurately.  One or two of those plays where he stood completely flat-footed in the pocket, looking downfield, amazed me.  He knew he had time, so he just relaxed and watch the pattern unfold.  When the time came to move, he moved.  When the time came to throw, he threw.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

Agreed.  

All of those phrases applied to young QBs apply to Allen.   The game is slowing down for him.   He understands better what's happening, so he decides to go to the outlet guy more a split second quicker, so he doesn't rush the throw and therefore he throws accurately.  One or two of those plays where he stood completely flat-footed in the pocket, looking downfield, amazed me.  He knew he had time, so he just relaxed and watch the pattern unfold.  When the time came to move, he moved.  When the time came to throw, he threw.  

Just looked like a QB who was super poised and didn't fear any pressure 

I thought it was very impressive how calm he was