Would You Trade Baker Mayfield for Josh Allen at This Point?

Irv

Baker has regressed with one of the best groups of skill position players in the league. Allen is getting better while surrounded by a JV squad. At this point there's no debate but I think Baker Allen and darnold all still have a lot of potential. And obviously Lamar 

6 minutes ago, Process said:

Baker has regressed with one of the best groups of skill position players in the league. Allen is getting better while surrounded by a JV squad. At this point there's no debate but I think Baker Allen and darnold all still have a lot of potential. And obviously Lamar 

Baker has been really good the last 4 games. He was struggling early in the year but he's back to looking good.

I like both QBs but I'm happy we have Josh.

15 minutes ago, The Dean said:

A trade of Josh for Baker is a trade of Baker for Josh. 

Assuming you are a Buffalo Bills fan you would be trading Josh Allen for Baker Mayfield anyway to answer the question no I would not.  We have the perfect quarterback for our weather and system would not trade him for anybody.  This team will have a championship within the next 4 or 5 years

2 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Assuming you are a Buffalo Bills fan you would be trading Josh Allen for Baker Mayfield

Exactly.  Of course the question posed was "Would you trade Baker for Josh?"  Without further clarification,  this is presented is seemingly a question for the Browns.

But is it? Irv answers he would not. No explanation supplied. Irv is a Bills fan, right? Is he answering from the Browns or Bills perspective?  ("Yes" would be a perfect answer to that question for this thread.)

As a Bills fan I wouldn't ever consider that trade. I wouldn't have drafted Mayfield that high in the 1st round, either. But right now, I'm not sure the Browns make that trade either. 

With about 5 minutes left in the game they aired one of those Baker Progressive commercials with him "taking care of the house"  I couldn't help but think maybe he should be worrying more about playing football and not the house.  Maybe I'm being unfair in my characterization, but that seems to be whom he is.

So to answer the original question, No wouldn't trade Allen for Baker

32 minutes ago, Process said:

Cmon JV squad? That's BS

We have a line that is 100% improved , a young stud in singletary, Brown , Beasley , foster and McKenzie are starting to make plays

Do we have a bunch of household names? No,

JV squad hahahahahhahab

Allen is the best prospect in a very good class. The reason is because he has the most complete skillset for playing the position and scores highly in every relevant performance category. I say this taking into account his noticeable recent improvement. Not surprising since if on draft day people knew he would start to realize on his incredible upside potential he would have been the first overall pick. He'd be # 1 in my draft redo for sure. 

No. Josh fits buffalo perfectly. 

Plus, Baker was a 4 year starter in college and received top notch coaching. He’s supposed to be further ahead than Allen in his development. 

Josh Allen was one of the most raw prospects in the draft class. He even said himself that he didn’t get any coaching in high school + junior college, and while he said he received some coaching at Wyoming he said it still was minimal compared to what he’s learning now.

I feel like Josh is just scratching the surface of what he’s capable of, and I think his attitude + work ethic gives him a shot to reach that ceiling.

• Like (+1) 1