Shaq over Murphy, Right?

Dkollidas

22 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I hear you, I would like to know if Bates can be a part of the O line rotation, what little i’ve Seen/heard of his play he’s done well, I’m thinking they are trying to groom him a bit more before he sees more action, or not, but they have done pretty well upgrading the O line, although being better than last seasons group was not hard to do...  not dissing this years group. 

The OL is playing really well at the moment. The change from Castillo to Johnson has been night and day too.

• Like (+1) 3

Shaq will be gone the moment the season is over. This coaching staff screwed him over.  He's outplayed his competition the entire season.  

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The OL is playing really well at the moment. The change from Castillo to Johnson has been night and day too.

If that is true what an indictment on McD. Why does it take two years to change out a OL coach?

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Shaq will be gone the moment the season is over. This coaching staff screwed him over.  He's outplayed his competition the entire season.  

If that is true what an indictment on McD. Why does it take two years to change out a OL coach?

These guys have their relationships and it happens. Marrone would have died on Crossman Hill. I don’t like it but it has always been that way and will always be that way.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

shaq >>> murphy and must get more playing time.

Could Trent have a nagging injury … quad, pod, hammy, ribby, liggy, cervy, glute, cuticle ???   I got a hunch it's something, and he'll come on like a rabid junkyard dawg the last few games and playoffs.  Go Bills!!

32 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Could Trent have a nagging injury … quad, pod, hammy, ribby, liggy, cervy, glute, cuticle ???   I got a hunch it's something, and he'll come on like a rabid junkyard dawg the last few games and playoffs.  Go Bills!!

Trent is a PED product and now he isn't. Not that hard to figure out.

• Like (+1) 1

Lawson, to me, is the exact type of guy that the Patriots have. He’s a guy that is scheme versatile and rarely makes mistakes. He’s really good against the run and gets a little pressure. He can slide inside in a pinch. He the sort of “unsung” role player that good teams have. I kind of feel the same way about our guards. Just solid football players

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

How much do they save cutting Murphy?

Lawson is having a good year. Is this good year due to steady progression or is it motivated by a contract? Either way I think Lawson is a very good rotational player. What’s that cost? $7m or $12m? 
I do like drafting a DE early. I think DE/CB will be the Bills first two picks depending on value. 

That would be an absolutely awful idea. The defense is borderline elite. The offense is still atrocious, especially the passing game.

THIS TEAM NEEDS A LEGIT WR. Someone who an opposing defensive coordinator actually even pretends to gameplan for. Someone who can grow with our "franchise QB." (And please spare me with the John Brown is a #1 WR stuff. Putting him at #2 and Beasley at #3 takes this offense into the modern era and makes them scary.)

Edited by JustWinPlease

Murphy is an easy cut and that is why they signed a deal with easy cut numbers. Shaq can stay IF he comes at a decent price tag with a term no more than 3-4 years. Anything over $6.5 to me is an overpay for a mediocre guy who in 5 years has proven to be nothing but a decent rotational player not capable of being better than generic starter.   Drafting one or two DEs and pursuing another in FA is quite possible. I hope they pick an edge guy in the first 4 rounds because they have neglected this area and a high end edge guy is a requirement for any Super Bowl contender IMO. 

8 hours ago, Sunshower said:

I’d like to have Johnson back up Shaq and maybe bring in somebody via draft to groom behind Hughes.

The pass rush with Hughes being the leader is not good enough to compete at an elite level (contending for the division and advancing far into the playoffs.) I like Hughes but he is best served as a number two pass rusher behind a true number one pass rusher. As far as Shaq I think he is a quality player, and I would definitely bring him back as a number three rotational DE for a reasonable price. In the modern NFL you need to rotate DE's and having a quality player to rotate in helps depth. 

Johnson I agree should be a developmental player to groom behind Hughes. But they can't depend on Shaq and Hughes as the front two pass rushers and expect to get pressure on Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Brady, and the other elite AFC QB's. They need a big time front end pass rusher. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JustWinPlease said:

That would be an absolutely awful idea. The defense is borderline elite. The offense is still atrocious, especially the passing game.

THIS TEAM NEEDS A LEGIT WR. Someone who an opposing defensive coordinator actually even pretends to gameplan for. Someone who can grow with our "franchise QB." (And please spare me with the John Brown is a #1 WR stuff. Putting him at #2 and Beasley at #3 takes this offense into the modern era and makes them scary.)

I understand how you can feel that way. An elite pass rusher and a complimentary corner for Tre will be immediate impacts next year. 
I believe the Bills could take a WR early as well if Beane see’s it as the right value for the pick. 

Cut Murphy AND Star and use the money saved to re-sign Jordan Phillips and then either Shaq or one of the few high-end DEs available.

If it were me, I'd send that jet to Ngakoue at 12:01 AM on the first day of free agency. A front four of Hughes/Oliver/J. Phillips/Ngakoue with Horrible Harry rotating in would be huge for us. 

While Lawson is obviously in his contract year - a fact, not saying anything else about it either way - it needs to be remembered that initially, he was 'damaged goods'.

He was pretty much invisible his first year due to shoulder problems, that he could get away with in college, where he qualified as man amongst boys, but not in the NFL, where it made him a boy amongst men.

Last year, he made strides, and he started to look like the player he could be. This year, he's showing up on an increasing amount of plays.

I don't have an issue with the non-extension of his rookie deal - I think both McDermott and Beane wanted to see continued development this year, to be comfortable with making him an offer.

As someone else said earlier in the thread, he's a solid football player now, and while by no means a star, he makes his fair share of plays (and I'm not referencing sacks especially), and also appears to have bought in to the 'process'.

I expect the Bills to make him an offer, and I hope it's a fair one, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does move on somewhere where they will pay him more. As an UFA, he will get offers, I just hope we are trying to get him back.

I have no idea what a fair price would be, but hope that the Pegulas can wield a bit of influence when it comes to guarantees.

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Lawson, to me, is the exact type of guy that the Patriots have. He’s a guy that is scheme versatile and rarely makes mistakes. He’s really good against the run and gets a little pressure. He can slide inside in a pinch. He the sort of “unsung” role player that good teams have. I kind of feel the same way about our guards. Just solid football players

I was thinking about this. BB is a master of using solid guys on the defensive end. Outside of Gilmore, there are no stars. Makes it easy when it comes to contract time and no one has 10 sacks on the year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackOrton said:

I was thinking about this. BB is a master of using solid guys on the defensive end. Outside of Gilmore, there are no stars. Makes it easy when it comes to contract time and no one has 10 sacks on the year. 

And when they do (Chandler Jones, Richard Seymour) they trade them before they walk. 

• Like (+1) 1