Mitch Morse Hand injury

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This is the 2nd time Feliciano has had to move in game due to an injury to Morse and both times I think it has helped our run game. I am not saying Morse has been bad. He has been fine. He hasn't quite shown what I think is his best form and I do think he gets pushed about a bit in the run game. 

we did churn out over 200 yards on the ground today.

• Like (+1) 2

I didn't even know Morse got injured til after the game. No one around us noticed either. Pretty nice when your starting center comes out injured and there is not a noticeable difference. Good job Beaner!!

Now I know why Feliciano was pumping up the crowd so much in the second half.

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Just gotta love our depth on the OL.

Beane did an amazing job in one year with the entire Oline. We went from one of the worst units to best in the league.

yep.  And, gotta think “OG” Bobby Johnson is coaching them up to play mean, yet disciplined (although they took too many holding penalties today, I feel)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I tell you what was fine.... the way Feliciano played. Now I get it, we paid big money for Morse so he starts... but Feliciano gives us something extra at that spot. 

39 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Are you suggesting a change at Center?

Not so much a change as it would be potential move in the future - if Morse, god forbid, goes down at all for any reason having Feliciano as a back up there is a great problem to have in a manner of speaking.

What I’d also like to see is a potential draft investment in an OG/OT to upgrade Long’s role. He did fine today, but would be curious about pushing Ford inside and Bates at Tackle, or getting the draft pick at either position to help us out long term. Fwiw, Ford’s matchup today gave us plenty to worry about, and the kid handled it like a pro. Would love to see him anchor the right side in the near future, and with added OG depth I dare say we’ve built ourselves a front line.

1 minute ago, ctk232 said:

Not so much a change as it would be potential move in the future - if Morse, god forbid, goes down at all for any reason having Feliciano as a back up there is a great problem to have in a manner of speaking.

What I’d also like to see is a potential draft investment in an OG/OT to upgrade Long’s role. He did fine today, but would be curious about pushing Ford inside and Bates at Tackle, or getting the draft pick at either position to help us out long term. Fwiw, Ford’s matchup today gave us plenty to worry about, and the kid handled it like a pro. Would love to see him anchor the right side in the near future, and with added OG depth I dare say we’ve built ourselves a front line.

Well I think you always have to work on the O-line each year but it is nice that after this one it's looking like it won't need to be completely like last year.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah Feliciano went straight to center from what I saw. 

Fair enough I wasn't paying too much attention to that and that does make sense for the announcers to get it confused with Morse coming out and Long going in.

59 minutes ago, CSBill said:

While I do want him back, the o-line didn't seem to miss a beat without him, or Nsekhe.

Props to Ford, Long, and especially Feliciano. So nice to have competent lineman, and depth.

Props indeed.

How many times did you hear Von Miller's name?

Crickets.......

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

This is the 2nd time Feliciano has had to move in game due to an injury to Morse and both times I think it has helped our run game. I am not saying Morse has been bad. He has been fine. He hasn't quite shown what I think is his best form and I do think he gets pushed about a bit in the run game. 

Feliciano is definitely a better Run blocker but when it comes to the nuances in pass protection Morse is legit

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

After 1 game?

Sorry, I like Feliciano, but Morse has done a good job this season.

Actually there have been two other games where this combo has been in there for parts of the game when Morse went out. Not sure about Morse’s durability, which was a knock on him when we signed him.