Chris Harris fires negative shots toward Josh Allen.

Protocal69

If that's trash talk--it's pretty lame.  Mainly said that Josh Allen isn't Cam Newton in his prime---which should be overwhelmingly obvious to anyone at this point.

I don't get why this is even a thing--these comments by Harris.  Pretty soft stuff.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

How did that type of trash talk work out for Jalen Ramsey last year?

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen was 8-19 passing for 160 yards and 75 came on one play.  Not exactly like Allen was carving him up.

but why players say anything before games is beyond me.  What Allen has been really good about is not responding and just playing the game.  We are a better team than Denver so just win as a team.  The worse thing Allen could do is go in full gunslinger mode and try to win the game himself, which might be what Harris is trying to get him to do.  

Yeah... Allen didn't really prove Jalen Ramsey wrong or anything, so not sure what that's about.

C.Biscuit is right though, Josh has been good at just ignoring that outside chatter & just playing the game. Harris would probably be happy if Allen started chunking up passes left & right, but that hasn't really been one of his strengths. Just take what the defense gives him, hope the run game steps up, and don't turn the ball over. 

I'm sure Allen will look to run a decent amount, so here's hoping he's learned to hang onto the football.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

You don't find that out or prove it in one game. It's a long process.

True.  But it would be fun if Allen juked him a couple times and made him miss.  

He seems to see Allen as a “tuck it and truck it” runner (which he can be) and was trying to make a contrast between him and Lamar Jackson’s more cut-on-dime RB-like skills.   He seems to be trying to say that Cam was more towards the Lamar side of running skills.  But I think he may under-rate Allen’s elusiveness as a runner.  

I also think what he didn’t say was probably gonna be something to the effect that Allen should stay home and not run on them because if they got the chance, they were gonna make Allen cough up the football.

36 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Yeah... Allen didn't really prove Jalen Ramsey wrong or anything, so not sure what that's about.

C.Biscuit is right though, Josh has been good at just ignoring that outside chatter & just playing the game. Harris would probably be happy if Allen started chunking up passes left & right, but that hasn't really been one of his strengths. Just take what the defense gives him, hope the run game steps up, and don't turn the ball over. 

I'm sure Allen will look to run a decent amount, so here's hoping he's learned to hang onto the football.

Allen kicked the Jags ass...with that amazing throw to Foster and then with his legs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

This is an interesting thread topic. I for one hope that this goes the way that it did for the Jags after Jalen's comments. 

Josh does seem to be ultra motivated when he gets a little ticked off. 

Thanks for this easily found interesting information, OP! 

Yeah just roll over so we can tickle your belly.

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Allen was 8-19 passing for 160 yards and 75 came on one play.  Not exactly like Allen was carving him up.

but why players say anything before games is beyond me.  What Allen has been really good about is not responding and just playing the game.  We are a better team than Denver so just win as a team.  The worse thing Allen could do is go in full gunslinger mode and try to win the game himself, which might be what Harris is trying to get him to do. 

Josh also had 13 carries for 99 yards and a TD.  The point is don't woof and lose.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Cams second Year stats (full 16 games)

Comp %: 57.7

Yards: 3869

TDs: 19

Int: 12 

Rating: 86.2

Rushing

Yards:741

TDs: 8

Avg: 5.8

---------------------------------

Allens second year stats to date (10 games)

Comp %: 60.3

Yards: 2175

TDs: 13

Int: 7 

Rating: 85.4

Rushing

Yards:331

TDs: 7

Avg: 4.5

----------------------

If he were to continue trending this way Allen would end up with tis for the year.

Passing

Yards: 3480

TDs: 21

Int: 11

Rushing

Yards 529

TDs: 11

Pair similar stats with that fact they are both big bodied QBs that are hard to tackle, and have big sometimes inaccurate Arms  I think the comparison is fair.  You cant just go compare Allen to Cams 1 MVP season, thats just silly.  Maybe he does compare better to Roethlisberger, but I have heard people compare him to Cam also.

Edited by PoBills33
  • Like (+1) 2