Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

14 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I actually  think the bills played a good game on the road where they withstood the initial onslaught.   They just don’t click enough on offense.   Lots of plays that could have swung this game.  Missed fgs.   How about the terrible overthrow to McKenzie?   He has to relax and hit that.  

We picked the wrong Allen

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

When we see young QBs like Jackson, Darnold, Mayfield, Jones, and Murray at least show they are capable of big games in the air....and we have yet to see Allen have a single game like that in his career, it’s concerning. 

Yup. Not every game needs to be 300 yards but getting strange that none are.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

This is an incredibly stupid post, not surprising. 

It's a low percentage pass because EVERYONE says they are. Passes that travel over 20 or 30 yards or whatever that was are by default, low percentage passes. I wasn't defending the miss, and he needs to hit those. That being said, that play isn't why we lost. 

Sorry. Okay they are “low percentage” for most and “no percentage” for Allen. Hit me up when he completes ONE. Allen ball washers are ADORABLE.

9 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Give it up.   Play calling was absolutely not the problem.  Those plays were there to be had.   Wake the ***** up.  52% completion percentage was the problem.   

Overthrows, under throws, bad throws,  thays the problem.   Dont blame the OC for calling the perfect play your Qb cant execute. 

So sick of your excuses.   Allen just isnt good enough.   Face it. Own it.  Devise a plan to FIX IT. 

This is the way I see it. Similar issues we had under Manuel, Tyrod. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Conlan58 said:

I would like to invite you to try to have a conversation without throwing insults around. 

You can't honestly tell me that, like I said, if Allen hits that one pass for a TD, he isn't catching the blame he is getting right now. Win or lose, if he hits that pass, most fans place the blame elsewhere.

I didn't insult you, I insulted the people on this board with hot takes and no rational followthrough.

You're definitely right about that, which is even more indicative of how false the "allen sucks" "allen is to blame" etc. narrative is. That one play cannot define Allen's game at all. Saying it does is illogical. 

30 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

This one is on the offense.  Horrible game by Daboll. Worst run D in the league and you can't even get to 100

Speechless

I'm not sure I would nail Daboll to a cross too many missed throws for me... I am not an offensive guy so maybe i am off base but for me it just took Allen too long to get going 

32 minutes ago, arcane said:

All week long, in every, *****, thread, a few nagging incessant posters ragged on anyone who expressed nerves about this game, no matter how well thought out and rational the points were. 

You all know who you are. And you were f*cking wrong. They weren't. 

I wasn't one of them but I wasn't nervous about the game at all.  I am still not even after the loss.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That's what's so damn frustrating about this team.    They're so, so inconsistent.

Fix one thing.  Something else breaks.   Fix that, something else goes.    They can't string series after series together, let alone game after game...

That's talent level

Every NFL player can make plays. Consistency is the difference

Maybe they will learn something from this loss..................

Like, playing for the WIN instead of trying to go to OT when the win is staring you in the face if you try for it.

I could see if going for the FG is the only option.

Mind numbing, but maybe they learn from it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro said:

Excuses?  I am looking at all the factors on the play.  You want to rip him?  Fine.  Have at it.  I am looking it objectively.  

Haha, that’s funny. So because it’s his 3rd or 4th read, which you are guessing at you don’t know, it’s ok for him to miss a wide open receiver? Have I got that right? And that’s being objective? Because he might have to rush the throw? He might have to rush the throw on his first read, why does it matter what read it was? 

Josh has a problem with his long ball, that’s not ripping into him, that’s an observation.

1 minute ago, suorangefan4 said:

I swear clock management by not just the Bills but the majority of the teams across the NFL and college football is absolutely brutal. It's like they have no clue how a clock works.

Like yeah let's throw a pass to Singletary.. he gets tackled then let's burn at least 25 seconds before the next play and leave 26 seconds on the gameclock at the CLE 35-yard line. We had 59 seconds left with a timeout left from their 41-yard line then one play later we have 26 seconds left from their 35-yard line. Seriously WTH.

I'll see so many scenarious in college where there will be 1:52 on the clock.. the other team has no timeouts left and it's 1st down and the other team comes out and runs a play instead of victory formation.

The IQ level of so many football players and coaches makes you wonder how they can even tie their own shoelaces.

Spot on! You have close to 2 mins and a TO. Most teams drive the field for a game winning TD. I have no clue WTF we were thinking here. 

This def needs some scrutiny and repair. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

Yup. Not every game needs to be 300 yards but getting strange that none are.

right?

its not that I don’t like Allen. I do. He’s got a ton of talent. He can make plays here and there and I like his running ability. 

ive just never felt like he was in control, could take over a game with his arm, or just dominate through the air. Nothing ever feels easy with him. 

6 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

food for thought: we are still a half game ahead of the Chiefs.  Yeah, I know they were without Mahomes for a couple weeks, but still....

Food for thought. The Chiefs are leading their division so unless they drop out of first place their record has no bearing on the Bills. 

The offence has been a concern all year we just won on oppurtunistic plays..and now that the defence has regressed somewhat to the mean we are losing games...every game this year has been super tight..the fact is we've played some very questionable defensive units and failed to exploit . When you look at how the Ravens score 49 on the Bengals and we had to scrape together two tds by the offence it's not suprising we have lost 2 of the last 3

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Sorry. Okay they are “low percentage” for most and “no percentage” for Allen. Hit me up when he completes ONE. Allen ball washers are ADORABLE.

You're so disingenuous. Go look at the context of the conversation and come back when you know what you're talking about. Someone used that low percentage pass as reason for why Allen is to blame for the loss, which is idiotic. It's a low percentage pass and it's not a game-defining play either way. If he makes it it's better, obviously, but every QB misses passes like that every game without being flamed for the loss as a whole. 

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I’ll stick my neck out and say no QB will succeed in this offense without a WR1 and a top notch RB. When you don’t give your QB the option to throw a quick check when they are giving you a 12 yard cushion, or you run a screen with no secondary target, you also have some OC issues. Josh’s prove it period will be next year for me.  What is he 18 games in ?? Kelly sucked in his first year here and he had 3 years of pro ball before that running an open gun offense. This kid came for a dink program. He is behind because of that.

Which is why I believe the regime overreached and compounded things by not having him sit and watch like Rodgers, Mahomes. Learning to swim in the NFL is probably akin to swimming over the falls.