Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

1 minute ago, FUTURIST said:

Yep. You are not winning in the NFL with this McDermott logic of winning with Defense and playing it safe on offense.  McDermott is a dinosaur.

He is going to force Beane to fire him if he doesn’t figure it out. I’m not saying I want McDermott to be fired, but for crying out loud he has to stop coaching scared. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Give it up.   Play calling was absolutely not the problem.  Those plays were there to be had.   Wake the ***** up.  52% completion percentage was the problem.   

Overthrows, under throws, bad throws,  thays the problem.   Dont blame the OC for calling the perfect play your Qb cant execute. 

So sick of your excuses.   Allen just isnt good enough.   Face it. Own it.  Devise a plan to FIX IT. 

I'm not used to seeing a QB that has to LEARN accuracy and I'm starting to wonder if they're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with Josh. 

We should probably run an offense like Baltimore or Seattle and try to make the most of the tools that he CAN use. 

Edited by Sandhill Mike
Narf!

27 minutes ago, arcane said:

All week long, in every, *****, thread, a few nagging incessant posters ragged on anyone who expressed nerves about this game, no matter how well thought out and rational the points were. 

You all know who you are. And you were f*cking wrong. They weren't. 

Anyone not nervous about EVVERY GAME this season is insane. We have not shown good enough to take any games for granted... who's next week? I'm nervous about that now... They are proving everyone who says we were the worst 6 and 2 team ever to not be boneheads

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

When do the excuses stop? Josh Allen has a problem with his long ball. Daboll literally gets WR open deep and Josh can’t hit them. Yes it’s a low percentage play but he hasn’t hit 1 this season.

Excuses?  I am looking at all the factors on the play.  You want to rip him?  Fine.  Have at it.  I am looking it objectively.  

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Yes, Josh has a big problem with long passes.  My point was 3rd and 3 is not the time to fix that!

good QBs throw succesfully on long balls when the D is not expecting it. So maybe it Is the time to fix it

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Lol. “Low percentage” pass? There was no one within 10 yards of McKenzie and it wasn’t like Allen had to heave it 80 yards downfield to get it to him. Bojo could have punted it up to McKenzie and got it closer. 

seriously hope you’re joking. Those passes are only “low percentage” for Allen. God his excuse makers never stop...Allen and his long ball yips cost them the same amount of points as Hauschka today. 

This is an incredibly stupid post, not surprising. 

It's a low percentage pass because EVERYONE says they are. Passes that travel over 20 or 30 yards or whatever that was are by default, low percentage passes. I wasn't defending the miss, and he needs to hit those. That being said, that play isn't why we lost. 

• Like (+1) 1

When arguing who's to blame, remember it could well be "All of the above".  Josh and Haush struggled, our O coordinator called a bad game, not running on a bad run defense.  Ultra-conservative play-calling on both sides of the ball with a gunslinger QB.  This loss does not fall on just one thing.

• Like (+1) 3

When we see young QBs like Jackson, Darnold, Mayfield, Jones, and Murray at least show they are capable of big games in the air....and we have yet to see Allen have a single game like that in his career, it’s concerning. 

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I’ll stick my neck out and say no QB will succeed in this offense without a WR1 and a top notch RB. When you don’t give your QB the option to throw a quick check when they are giving you a 12 yard cushion, or you run a screen with no secondary target, you also have some OC issues. Josh’s proveit period will be next year for me.  What is he 18 games in ?? Kelly sucked in his first year here and he had 3 years of pro ball before that running an open gun offense. This kid came for a dink program. He is behind because of that.

Sure. I just don't think he's elite which is what you would want for a 7th pick. 

2 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Wow! Just wow! I respect all the opinions and statements but this thread needs its title changed to “for irrational catastrophic thinking bills fans only“ it was a tough loss,  it happens. And, would  the majority of you rather not be 6-3. I think that’s a fair question

Yes but it's not irrational. Judged against the best (patriots) they are utter garbage. You can sit here and go oh if only this and only that but championship franchises don't do that.  It doesn't happen. Losing to the browns happens to teams like the bills.  Paper tigers.  This isnt about just this game. It's about all those years going all the way back to the merger.  All that futility.  Until either wins a championship they are garbage.  So you think the patriots go oh he's a good guy or they were close? Hauschka missed that's a fact.  He didn't get it done and hasn't been for a while,  What exactly do you think Belichek would do?  Exactly.  The standard is a championship nothing less. Everything else is failure. 

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

This. In those critical late game situations against competent QB's, an ELITE defense has playmakers in the front 7 disrupting timing and MAKING A play.

This is two weeks in a row without a turnover. 

Good defense. Not good enough to carry this team considering the anemic offense. 

McD also needs to revisit his defensive scheme and the players he has at DE, DT, and MLB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think it’s over now. No playoffs. And after being 6-2 that will be just about the biggest ***** collapse imaginable. This was such a terrible loss today 

We saw this with trent werent we 5 and 2 and ended up like 7 and 9 or something

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Thanks, but today was a special kind of incompetence on coaching and execution.  It's always something each week.

That's what's so damn frustrating about this team.    They're so, so inconsistent.

Fix one thing.  Something else breaks.   Fix that, something else goes.    They can't string series after series together, let alone game after game...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I don't have to justify the take you think I am, because you completely misread the context. 

I asked how Allen was to blame for this loss, some poster quoted that specific throw. I said that if that one throw is why Allen is getting blamed by the luddites in this thread, then they're mentally handicapped. 

I would like to invite you to try to have a conversation without throwing insults around. 

You can't honestly tell me that, like I said, if Allen hits that one pass for a TD, he isn't catching the blame he is getting right now. Win or lose, if he hits that pass, most fans place the blame elsewhere.

I know the offense is a work in progress. But right now it has no identity. Not sure why Allen threw 41 times. I thought the Browns had a porous run defense? The last drive was maddening. I don't see the same QB on the field this year that I saw last year. Singletary only had 8 carries. Our Run defense is a pathetic. Edmunds is NOT a middle LB. Wallace looked bad,  Bad game all around. I had hope for the game early when the defense stopped CLE 9 times. 9 TIMES inside the 1. Maddening game. I know this team is growing but we have been regressing since the first qtr of the season. We have looked bad since the NE game. Need to get this straightened out.

16 minutes ago, par73 said:

The end of that last drive was brutal. Where was the urgency to score-- or at least get closer? Did they really think that kicker was going to hit from 50+?

I swear clock management by not just the Bills but the majority of the teams across the NFL and college football is absolutely brutal. It's like they have no clue how a clock works.

Like yeah let's throw a pass to Singletary.. he gets tackled then let's burn at least 25 seconds before the next play and leave 26 seconds on the gameclock at the CLE 35-yard line. We had 59 seconds left with a timeout left from their 41-yard line then one play later we have 26 seconds left from their 35-yard line. Seriously WTH.

I'll see so many scenarios in college where there will be 1:52 on the clock.. the other team has no timeouts left and it's 1st down and the other team comes out and runs a play instead of victory formation. NFL has a lot of issues like that too.

The IQ level of so many football players and coaches makes you wonder how they can even tie their own shoelaces.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Will people finally start believing me that kicker is an issue now, or will I continue to get "Meh, ""Skeptical," and "Confused" reactions? This should be known as The Hauschka Game. I told everyone that he would haunt the Bills this season, and I was right. Now, maybe the spotlight will finally shine on this weakness.

I thought the hold on the second miss was a little off but that doesnt account for the kick being short too