Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Explain why without trying to point to only one pass. I'm not absolving him of all blame, but the idiots here claiming he sucks because of this game, or that he was the main reason we lost, and then pointing to one missed pass are, in fact, idiots. 

one pass!?  Did you watch the same game?

hes a problem. That’s what people are saying. Not that he’s the ONLY problem, but when your QB is a problem it is the biggest problem. 

he can’t hit a deep throw and he’s slow making decisions, and making bad reads. He’d have to be perfect with the rest of his game to overcome that, and obviously he’s not. 

I still have hope, but it’s starting to fade a bit. 

Edited by dubs

Also I see a ton of Daboll hate all the time. 

here is the question how is Greg Romans (Another guy we hated) offense looking with a Competent QB. 

sorry McD should not get another chance to Hire another OC. 

just like he shouldn’t get another chance for QB. 

so if Daboll is Canned McClappy and his ambiguous “Process” and “DNA” should quickly follow 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, london_bills said:

The OC is an easier criticism then the QB. Anytime a playcall doesn't work its the OCs fault. Allen never scans the whole field and. Lacks composure and consistency. The QB sets the tone for the team. 

Allen won't be replaced now but it's naive to think he will Improve much more than this. 

Most are saying it is both, but go ahead and run with that narrative.

4 minutes ago, Big C said:

Allen has gotten significantly better at the intermediate throws. We seem to convert a decent number of 2nd and 3rd & long situations. I feel like we are more likely to convert 3rd and 10 than 3rd & 3, but I don't have numbers to prove it. 

were running the same plays/routes on 3rd and 3 as 3rd and 10  Dabol hasnt schemed up a easy conversion in weeks  Go watch the big boy offenses  they scheme to help their qb/skills guys get some easy completions  Allen didnt play well but this offense sucks regardless

Coaches, players, analysts etc are going to say we gotta learn from this loss. Better execute etc.....

What is there to learn????

This team struggles to put up points. Last year I think 21 teams averaged over 20 points. The Bills Offense have scored over 25 points once. Many games under 20. How do you learn when after 9 games it’s much of the same. This team possibly could beat anyone if they score over 25 points. But to even score 3 TDs is nearly extinct. What we’ve learned is this offense has to score more points and can’t.  I’m not going to get into Daboll or Allen or Singletarys number being called.... this offense is not working. There’s nothing more to learn. Except for, if this defense gives up 15 or more points it’s going to be a battle.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

It’s he NFL, teams are going to make plays. It’s not any narrative, the defense held them to 19 points, they did their job. That drive should’ve been garbage time for Mayfield.

The defense shut down hoe many goal to go try’s in a row?

Came up with a huge safety to tie the game.

Yeah, this loss is on the ineptness of the offense.

Hauschka can get like 5%, but again they should be scoring Touchdowns. The offense needs to convert the big plays that are afforded to them.

No, none of this loss is on the defense, sorry Charlie.

Sorry Charlie; great defenses still step up and stop the go-ahead score despite how awesome they played prior.  Just because they played stout earlier, doesn't excuse them letting Chubb carry 6 players on his back for another 10 yards or Wallace continuously getting exposed. 

• Like (+1) 2

At the beginning of the season we where at best a 9-7 team and now we are headed toward 9-7 everyone's all bent out of shape. A young QB learning on on offense that doesn't have a single stud in it....Our offensive line is much improved from last year but it's still just OK, Our WRs are a better unit than last year but still around Average, Brown and Beasley could be great assets to a true #1 WR.  Our run game doesn't scare anyone, I like singletary but as of right now he needs to be part of a committee and not with 36 year old gore.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I watched about 40% of this game, what exactly am I missing in people blaming allne?

I don't know either.

He was under constant pressure, and he made good throws when he got time.

Got a PI on a deep ball, didn't turn the ball over, and ran for two scores along with drives that the kicker couldn't finish with points.

Ridiculous the amount of criticism this kid is getting

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dubs said:

one pass!?  Did you watch the same game?

hes a problem. That’s what people are saying. Not that he’s the ONLY problem, but when your QB is a problem it is the biggest problem. 

he can’t hit a deep throw and he’s slow making decisions, and making bad reads. He’d have to be perfect with the rest of his game to overcome that, and obviously he’s not. 

I still have hope, but it’s starting to fade a bit. 

I'm not arguing anything from one pass, everyone else on this damn board is. That's the issue. go read context before stepping into a conversation.

That being said, I disagree with your other takes. He played well, made good decisions in important spots and threw the ball well. We can agree to disagree. The deep ball is a problem, no question there. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Also I see a ton of Daboll hate all the time. 

here is the question how is Greg Romans (Another guy we hated) offense looking with a Competent QB. 

sorry McD should not get another chance to Hire another OC. 

just like he shouldn’t get another chance for QB. 

so if Daboll is Canned McClappy and his ambiguous “Process” and “DNA” should quickly follow 

no mood to start over. McD is learning. Young HC has improved each year imho. the penalties are down finally and the TOs are correctly applied

2 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Sorry Charlie; great defenses still step up and stop the go-ahead score despite how awesome they played prior.  Just because they played stout earlier, doesn't excuse them letting Chubb carry 6 players on his back for another 10 yards or Wallace continuously getting exposed. 

how about that goal line stand 9 times over?

8 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Allen leaves plays on the field. 

truly enlightening comment.

so other QBs do not leave plays on the field... Mayfield did not leave any, or Mahomes for that matter - really?

Not defending Allen, but when you make comments like this you are just trolling - poorly.