Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

8 minutes ago, Big C said:

Yeah that 3rd & 3 deep shot to Beasley of all people was so ill-advised. I have no idea if that was Daboll's call or if Allen opted to let it rip, but it was a terrible play.

Every play and formation has multiple options. Where the ball goes is all on Allen

• Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Big C said:

Complain about the offense all you want, our kicker missed two field goals in a game we lost by 3. 

The defense also gave up an 80+ yard drive with a 4 pt lead and 4 mins left - just needing to keep them out of the EZ.  So frustrating

Just now, whatdrought said:

I'm not arguing anything from one pass, everyone else on this damn board is. That's the issue. go read context before stepping into a conversation.

That being said, I disagree with your other takes. He played well, made good decisions in important spots and threw the ball well. We can agree to disagree. The deep ball is a problem, no question there. 

respectfully, you’re just wrong. 

he made a few nice throws for sure, but that doesn’t mean he had a good game. Allen was by in large bad today.  Poor decisions, missing reads, terrible deep balls, is bad. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

Mc D  head coach is too conservative I knew the Browns will go down and get a touchdown because he won’t constantly blitz the  team he just lays down and  hopes that they drop a ball. 

Didn't we see a stat about Baker being dreadful facing pressure this year? We got none. I mean, I still expected the defense to not let them drive for the TD at the end, but man... they really blew it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

no mood to start over. McD is learning. Young HC has improved each year imho. the penalties are down finally and the TOs are correctly applied

and he just got out coached by the worst HC in the league. 

fact if the OC isn’t good enough I don’t want ultra conservative McClappy and his Process picking another one. Just like I want him no where near picking another QB if Allen isn’t it 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

I only blame MCDERMOTT AND BEANE for sitting on their hands and not fixing the run defense. 2 complete drafts 3 FA periods and they just let the trade deadline pass again. Corey Liuget that's what they give us as a salve. How about Vincent Taylor. Come on!!!

Run defense stuffed them countless times inside the 5 - they were above average at least today

11 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Again, I have a perfect Pre Season Record...

WK1 @ Jets. WIN (1-0)

WK2 @ Giants WIN (2-0)

WK3 Bengals WIN (3-0)

WK4 Patriots LOSS (3-1)

WK5 @ Titans WIN (4-1)

WK6 BYE (4-1) 

WK7 Dolphins WIN (5-1)

WK8 Eagles LOSS (5-2)

WK9 Redskins WIN (6-2)

WK10 @ Browns LOSS (6-3)

WK11 @ Dolphins WIN (7-3) 

WK12 Broncos WIN (8-3)

WK13 @ Cowboys LOSS (8-4)

WK14 Ravens WIN (9-4)

WK15 @ Steelers LOSS (9-5)

WK16 @ Patriots LOSS (9-6)

WK17 Jets WIN  (10-6) 

unforunately.

That's awesome!

55 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

We had at least 2 chances for Hauschka to win this game and he failed.

Hauschka makes the kick and we just tie it, leaving McD/Daboll/Allen another opportunity to find a more creative way to lose.

If we were an actual good team that deserved our record the Browns never would have even been in this game. It was a 60 minute race to the bottom, and the browns finished shooting themselves in the foot before we ran out of bullets.

1 minute ago, dubs said:

respectfully, you’re just wrong. 

he made a few nice throws for sure, but that doesn’t mean he had a good game. Allen was by in large bad today.  Poor decisions, missing reads, terrible deep balls, is bad. 

You're entitled to your opinion. A lot of rational, non-emotion driven posters (i.e. those who typically live in reality) disagree with you. There are others who are yelling ***** allen as they plunge to their deaths over Niagara Falls. We're probably both plenty wrong- he probably wasn't as okay as I think he was, and he probably wasn't as bad as you think he was. It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, eanyills said:

Trust the process, have to look at the film, something something about culture. It’s all fluff. Talent and coaching is holding the team back.

Lol exactly. Twice in the last 3 weeks the Bills have managed to lose to teams that were hurtling towards implosion. But our CULTURE!!!

5 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

how about that goal line stand 9 times over?

It was awesome; I was never disputing that chief.  My point to the OP was the defense needed a stop with less than 5 min to go and allowed the Browns to march down for the GO-AHEAD score.  Is that not a reality of what happened?  Bills stop the Browns on that drive and the percentage of winning that game is probably greater than 90%.

Edited by Lieutenant Aldo Raine

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Also I see a ton of Daboll hate all the time. 

here is the question how is Greg Romans (Another guy we hated) offense looking with a Competent QB. 

sorry McD should not get another chance to Hire another OC. 

just like he shouldn’t get another chance for QB. 

so if Daboll is Canned McClappy and his ambiguous “Process” and “DNA” should quickly follow 

Roman looks good because one of the better HC's in the league in John Harbaugh sets the direction.  That is something Rex obviously couldn't do, McD isn't doing, so these OC's are left to their own devices.  A competent OC can overcome this since they understand their players and shape their scheme to their players.

Agree on this being the last OC McD hires.  Pegula and Beane should hire an offensive guru/consultant who will pick the OC.  McD will have to live with that.

I don't fault the defense that much for this one. Would've been nice if they could've closed it out but still, they only gave up 19 to a loaded offense. And they've bailed them out all season, the one time when the offense needs to pull through, they *kinda* do, but then Hauschka misses the kick. And both his misses came from the right hash, I wonder if he consistently struggles from that side. 

I'm on the "question Brian Daboll" wagon at this point. I think he's a good play designer, but I'm struggling with his game plans. I know the idea behind his scheme is adapting week to week based on opponent but it doesn't seem to be working. Use your bread and butter plays. It's like the guy can't use something if it's on tape already. Browns struggle against the rush and they give Singletary 8 carries? Bah. Gotta get better. 

• Like (+1) 1