Bills at Browns Post Game Post Mortem

1 hour ago, mattynh said:

Winning on the road is hard.  The browns are better than their record.   The browns were desperate the eagles were desperate.   In a number of weeks the bills will be desperate and win one of those tough matchups.  

Honestly this is the most rational thing I've read on here today. However, Buffalo needs to score more points on O. Need to average at least 20. 

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

So to recap, the Chemical plan looks like this:

1) Fire everybody.

2) Hire somebody that Chemical is unsure will be any better than McDermott.

3) Support the new coach for an indeterminate amount of time, because "who knows?"

And you expect anyone to think this is a solid, logical plan?

8-8 forever baby

1 hour ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I've been saying for years, McDermott is not a good coach, he's a man out of time, maybe ppl will start listening.

Since the Miami game this team has been glaringly exposed. Our offense,  qb and OC have led the charge as probably the biggest disappointments. ST has been bad with the blocked punt and missed fgs. McDermott just isn't a good game manager. That huddle with 40 seconds left today proved that. The Defense has played admirably but they have holes too.  I don't know where we go with Josh Allen? You can't go 0-16 on deep throws and have a long career in the NFL.  What sucks is I wanted him so badly to succeed. We've waited so damn long.

It doesn't matter if Daboll would get fired and replaced. Within 3 games, everyone on here would be criticizing him and wanting him fired because the plays they run in Madden didn't work.

I thought Allen was making good passes today and was gaining chunks of yards at a time with them. I need to see the All 22 to see what the deal was on some of those deep passes when no one looked open. But with the way the ball was moving in the air I had no problem with more passes and less running. They even had screens set up for Singletary that the Browns looked to have sniffed out early on.

It is just amazing to me that we all hoped for 10-6 this season and still are on track for it, and everyone wants things blown up.

My observations of a perfectly putrid giveaway of a game we needed. 

1. We need a kicker
  2. Stop running deep routes, Josh can't hit the lake from the dock over 15 yards
  3. We need a DT to plug the middle and a DE who can actually set the edge
  4. Move Tremaine and get a downhill MLB that hits the right gaps
  5. Tacking practice time again
  6. Lee Smith is a penalty machine
  7. Josh Allen is a fumbling machine
  8. When you play the 30th ranked run D, run the damn ball
  9. When it's 3rd and 3, get the damn 3 yards and not try for a 30 yard bomb
  10. Time to look at the OC 
  11. Talent trumps culture
  12. Get a play maker on offense

Losing sucks. Losing to a 2-6 team sucks. But losing to a team of dbags like the Browns is the worst part of this. The Bills had a chance to make a statement by pounding the Browns and basically ending any hope. Instead they once again proved the national media critics right that they are a fraud of a team with an easy schedule. For his part Allen should have been motivated to beat Mayfield instead Mayfield came out looking like the better draft pick. The Bills also could have made a statement against that vile dirtbag  Jarvis Landry but instead let him excel against them. Somehow the Bills weren't able to rip the Browns terrible run D or expose any of their pass D weaknesses. In the end McD got outcoached by the Browns lardass dolt of a coach which is also an embarrassment. Bad enough losing but to losing to an overhyped team that could have been easily smashed is unforgivable.

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

? Based on what? This is not a good football team. They've been playing at a very mediocre level in an extremely weak year for the AFC. They've only been able to beat the very worst teams in the entire league so far, and have struggled mightily in several of those wins. Today's game should show you that this is a really a 3-6 team with masquerading as something better because of the 3rd easiest schedule in the league.

They won those 6 games. That's what it's based on. Just because you're pissed off right now doesn't take away those 6 wins. It doesn't work that way. If we were a 3-6 team, we would be 3-6. I might not change your mind, but you won't change my mine. That line about not deserving to be 6-3 is a load of crap.

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

My observations of a perfectly putrid giveaway of a game we needed. 

1. We need a kicker
  2. Stop running deep routes, Josh can't hit the lake from the dock over 15 yards
  3. We need a DT to plug the middle and a DE who can actually set the edge
  4. Move Tremaine and get a downhill MLB that hits the right gaps
  5. Tacking practice time again
  6. Lee Smith is a penalty machine
  7. Josh Allen is a fumbling machine
  8. When you play the 30th ranked run D, run the damn ball
  9. When it's 3rd and 3, get the damn 3 yards and not try for a 30 yard bomb
  10. Time to look at the OC 
  11. Talent trumps culture
  12. Get a play maker on offense

+ 1

2 minutes ago, Justin C said:

It doesn't matter if Daboll would get fired and replaced. Within 3 games, everyone on here would be criticizing him and wanting him fired because the plays they run in Madden didn't work.

I thought Allen was making good passes today and was gaining chunks of yards at a time with them. I need to see the All 22 to see what the deal was on some of those deep passes when no one looked open. But with the way the ball was moving in the air I had no problem with more passes and less running. They even had screens set up for Singletary that the Browns looked to have sniffed out early on.

It is just amazing to me that we all hoped for 10-6 this season and still are on track for it, and everyone wants things blown up.

Bills have looked bad the past 4 games. Arguably they have played poorly for more games than that  We should be seeing a uptick on offense  Instead the defense is showing cracks and the offense is stuck in the same neutral position   This is with a easy schedule and one of the healthiest injury free seasons I can remember.  Be nice to see something to be cheerful about for next year

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

If you scored 7 points in quarter 1 and 2 and 3 then you'd have 28 ppg.   Pretty much makes my point.

SMH

down twice in the fourth quarter and coming away with 7 total points (and being lucky to get that because they recovered another one of his fumbles) is not good. It’s not even approaching good. It’s loser, defeatist mentality. 

Just now, Chill said:

Mayfield is on a totally different level as Allen. 

Yes.  He throws with anticipation and accuracy.  Allen is a qb who needs players to be through the route before he fires.  He relies on his athletic ability solely and doesnt really have a feel or rhythm to his game.   He will probably be a back up for a long time in the league but I dont have a lot of hope for him as a long time starter.  Starting to remind me a lot of Ryan Tannehill