Bills 13, Eagles 31 postgame thread

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

The lines were embarrassed today, we need to be bigger stronger up front.  I still think we would have been better off with Dexter Lawrence over Oliver.

I have never been a fan of undersized linemen.  Phillips was good today.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

Yea, wr would havevyou reach an agreement on a long term contract with Green before we make the deal.  Don't wantvto spend a#1 pick on a rental. 

No one would give a #1 for AJ Green at this point. They’ll lose him for nothing so he’ll be traded for less than a first

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It has happened two weeks in a row.  McD has issues to fix on the D-line otherwise Adrian Peterson will put up 200 yards next week.  His scheme doesn't seem include the MLB being a run stopper, so the DTs are not getting it done.

Just now, WideNine said:

I am a bit critical today, but I think the thing that really got me going was I could almost taste the tide turning in the 3rd as Gore was gashing them and I feel like Dabol snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with a bunch of head-scratching play calls that just pissed away all the momentum they were gaining and put them in 3rd and unmanageable situations.

Bills have always been my team, but if this coaching staff truly does self-scouting McD is going to have a lot of interesting meetings with his coaches this week.

Bobby Johnson has done some good work with this o-line, but they struggled today and the pre-snap penalties each week are killing our drives and chances to move the ball. He also needs to up his game, Feliciano needed to sit today if we had anyone else who could step in. He was getting schooled and was shooting his team in the foot with dumb penalties, Lee Smith has a false start every week - why? 

Edmunds is on year 2 and still does not seem to have the fundamentals needed to shed blocks - teams are seeing this and this is an area that he HAS to improve in playing the MLB position and I understand that blockers should not be getting to him cleanly at the second level so some better play against the run up front is needed.  I just think he also just had a bad game today reading where he needed to be, taking the right angles, and tackling - too many attempts to tackle without committing to wrapping up.

The sky is not falling, BUT the above is why I think this week the Bills coaching staff have to really look in the mirror and ask if they are doing the best job they could be doing.

Daboll NEVER sticks with what is working until it is stopped.  WTH is this guy thinking?

4 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Blame Dabol and the stupid 1st half game plan. Power football against the Eagles front four when there secondary and LB struggle in coverage.

The Bills were winning until Allen fumbled.

The second half was awful.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Just now, Haslett_Stomp said:

Not difficult to see this coming - picked the Eagles in my pick-em pool.  Don't understand why Dabol keeps calling the power sweep with Allen.

I saw this coming but not getting blown out.  Today was disturbing.  They were exposed badly

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Yea, we would havevyou reach an agreement on a long term contract with Green before we make the deal.  Don't want to spend a#1 pick on a rental. 

And how many years do you want to sign a 31 YO WR for? I’d love him on the team.....in a smart way. I trust the FO. 

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I am a bit critical today, but I think the thing that really got me going was I could almost taste the tide turning in the 3rd as Gore was gashing them and I feel like Dabol snatched defeat from the jaws of victory with a bunch of head-scratching play calls that just pissed away all the momentum they were gaining and put them in 3rd and unmanageable situations.

Bills have always been my team, but if this coaching staff truly does self-scouting McD is going to have a lot of interesting meetings with his coaches this week.

Bobby Johnson has done some good work with this o-line, but they struggled today and the pre-snap penalties each week are killing our drives and chances to move the ball. He also needs to up his game, Feliciano needed to sit today if we had anyone else who could step in. He was getting schooled and was shooting his team in the foot with dumb penalties, Lee Smith has a false start every week - why? 

Edmunds is on year 2 and still does not seem to have the fundamentals needed to shed blocks - teams are seeing this and this is an area that he HAS to improve in playing the MLB position and I understand that blockers should not be getting to him cleanly at the second level so some better play against the run up front is needed.  I just think he also just had a bad game today reading where he needed to be, taking the right angles, and tackling - too many attempts to tackle without committing to wrapping up.

The sky is not falling, BUT the above is why I think this week the Bills coaching staff have to really look in the mirror and ask if they are doing the best job they could be doing.

Wow, a very good perspective.   I still have faith in our coaching staff, with the exception of Daboll.  Maybe this game will help us refocus and take it out on Washington. 

We need to channel our anger the next week the way the Eagles did today. 

Bring on the Skins!