Bills 13, Eagles 31 postgame thread

26 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Huh.  For some reason I have it in my head that on third and long specifically, Tyrod's #s were almost historically bad, and Allen's are significantly better.  I'll do my best to dig up the stats.

I haven’t checked for 3rd and long specifically but ESPN has the splits based on down and distance.

37 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I haven’t checked for 3rd and long specifically but ESPN has the splits based on down and distance.

real teams don't have to rely on 3rd downs

or stats to make some pointless point

38 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

OK, let me explain it sloooooooowwwwwwly.

Last year, Allen did a lot of damage to defenses with his running ability.  DC's  seeing that, and not having a reason to fear Allen and his passing game, have taken away his running game away. That leading to low scoring outputs.

It's actually pretty simple. Allen has had very few uncontested runs like he had last year. l

No need to slow it down there, slappy. I get what your stating, I just think it’s nonsense. The main reason for lower rushing totals is that the Bills don’t want Allen running all over the place. Last year Allen ran a lot because he didn’t know what he was looking at out there. He was winging it. This year, the Bills have made a concerted effort to get Allen up to speed and improve the 31st ranked passing game from last year because that won’t cut it. They know he can run, but they want to find out if he can be a franchise passer. The runs have been more controlled , mostly on designed plays. There’s little doubt that the Bills didn’t draft Allen to be a running back, though. There’s no long history of that type of QB succeeding in the NFL. You simply have to make plays from the pocket, and they’re running a version of the Erhardt-Perkins offense. If they wanted their QB to run most of the time, they’d have just traded down and drafted Lamar Jackson. There was plenty of film of Allen running last season if DCs were going to stop it.  Allen did it because he couldn’t do much else. DCs only need a few games on film to take that stuff away. While they’re concerned about it somewhat, the Bills have drilled into Allen that they want him in the pocket and throwing passes first. That’s the main reason, not defenses. 

19 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Lets not throw out blanket statements.  If you look at some highlights Josh DOES have pocket presence.  He will step up into the pocket and he can escape from the pocket.

Edit - Name 1 QB that has not been sacked from his blind side / Edit 

Again I must remind people that Jim Schwartz is NOT some hack.   

I didn't say he has no pocket presence. I said he needs to get better at it..... and he will. He is still young and barely has a full season of games under his belt. Agreed Schwarts is no hack and is probably one of the best DC's there is currently in the NFL.

Like I said in a few different forums, Josh is not our biggest problem. Feliciano is a huge problem right now. His penalties are untimely drive killers and they happen WAY to often. The O-line struggles at times and Josh tries to do to much and ends up getting into trouble. Throwing a pick or getting sacked and fumbling the ball.  A lot of people are crying that the sky is falling when we are 5-2 and it's not. This team is searching for its identity. They are a solid team with some key components that are still missing to take that next step from solid\good to great\elite. 

The important thing is we are progressing as a team....getting better (having a better record....so far). They do everything as a team, there are no individuals. I think that if they picked up a few more key players for the offense before the trade deadline, we could potentially be steam rolling into the post season. A Top # 1 receiver and top tier RG to replace Feliciano and this team could be great.

16 hours ago, Bangarang said:

If you're looking for QB performance on 3rd down specifically...

Allen

2019: 30/50, 383 yards, 60% completion, 4 TDs, 2 INTs, 94 QB rating. 10 rushes for 46 yards and 0 TDs

2018: 40/93, 508 yards, 46% completion, 1 TD, 4 INTs, 49 QB rating. 25 rushes for 122 yards and 0 TDs

Tyrod

2017: 87/131, 907 yards, 66% completion, 6 TDs, 3 INTs, 92 QB rating. 34 rushes for 214 yards and 1 rushing TD.

2016: 66/118, 828 yards, 58% completion, 6 TDs, 2 INTs, 87 QB rating. 23 rushes for 134 yards and 2 rushing TDs.

2015: 61/85, 820 yards, 71% completion,  4 TDs, 1 INT, 117 QB rating. 21 rushes for 137 yards and 1 rushing TD.

are those Red Zone #'s?  

With or w/o a lead?