The Browns have self-destructed (Les Propheties by Fergydamus)

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Waiting for someone to trot out that 'talent trumps culture' line 

I think I challenged that back in March. Couldn’t re-open the original thread for some reason but it’s on Page One. 

Of course, now I’m watching the Sabres game and thinking McDermott needs to get his ass down to Key Bank Center. 

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think I challenged that back in March. Couldn’t re-open the original thread for some reason but it’s on Page One. 

Of course, now I’m watching the Sabres game and thinking McDermott needs to get his ass down to Key Bank Center. 

I'm sorry, I don't follow baseball

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I said this in another thread - I just do not understand why Buffalo got to be the butt of every joke, but Cleveland that has now matched the streak and compiled a significantly worse record during that time - skated by.

I always hate to wish ill will on another fan base, but I hope for our sake this goes at least one more year - so Cleveland can own it.

IIRC They own a 21 year maybe 23? Streak w/o a playoff win.  

more than Buffalo  

Since returning 21 years ago, they have only made the playoffs once, while the Baltimore Ravens are considered to be a separate team that began play in 1996. The Ravens, as a result of the Cleveland Browns relocation controversy, absorbed the Browns' personnel upon their suspension, but not their history.

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

I said this in another thread - I just do not understand why Buffalo got to be the butt of every joke, but Cleveland that has now matched the streak and compiled a significantly worse record during that time - skated by.

I always hate to wish ill will on another fan base, but I hope for our sake this goes at least one more year - so Cleveland can own it.

1 more then they and Tampa need to make the playoff and let the Jets take over the longest playoffless streak

This is 2 to 3 years old

matter2003     2,662

Posted November 30, 2017

Top 10 Longest Playoff Win Droughts(in years):

1. Bengals: 27 years(1990): Last Win: Houston Oilers(41-14 January 6th,1991), Starting QB: Boomer Esiason,  Playoff Record since: 0-7(2015)
  2. Lions: 26 years(1991): Last Win: Dallas Cowboys(38-6, January 5th, 1992), Starting QB: Erik Kramer, Playoff Record since: 0-8(2016) ***Honorable Mention of Futility: That was Detroit's ONLY playoff win since 1957(but hey, at least they won the championship that year), and from 1957 to 1991 they only made the playoffs 3 seasons(1970, 1982 and 1983 meaning they had 3 more lengthy streaks in there)...Lions Playoff Record since 1957: 1-12.  That has to be a record of futility that never gets broken...1 playoff win in 60 years....and we thought WE have it bad
  3. Browns: 23 years(1994): Last Win: New England Patriots(20-13, January 1st, 1995), Starting QB: Vinny Testeverde,  Playoff Record since: 0-2(2002)
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

But, but, but....it’s not the talent, it’s the coach and GM. With OBJ, Landry and Mayfield, a coach can teach them how to be humble and buy into the process. 

Not

This was 100% on the HC for both off the field and ON the field.  They failed to field a winning team on the FIELD and bred a bad culture off the field (Remember the encouragement to brawl with the T-Shirt)....The HC lost the football team and had to go

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, row_33 said:

In order to self-destruct, don't you have to first reach a plateau from which a fall is tragic?

Agreed, but with the cast of ‘drama queens’ there, coupled with unfounded delusions of grandeur and success, the fall off the first rung of the ladder is just that much more inflated.

11 hours ago, Doc said:

And it was just a few months ago where more than a few were pining for the off-season moves of the Browns.

To be fair, I am not aware of anyone anywhere pining for Kitchens as HC.  (Other than Baker Mayfield)

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This situation should be the ultimate example of why no one should listen to the moronic media when it comes to off season prognostications. Would be nice if those media morons would publicly eat their words when they were so off base and force fed us all that narrative. They are idiots who know nothing and are only interested in selling the “team du jour”. 

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

This situation should be the ultimate example of why no one should listen to the moronic media when it comes to off season prognostications. Would be nice if those media morons would publicly eat their words when they were so off base and force fed us all that narrative. They are idiots who know nothing and are only interested in selling the “team du jour”. 

The sports media is about clicks, eyes and ears.  They’ll always run with hype on any team making splash moves - especially in the off season when they need all the material they can get. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The sports media is about clicks, eyes and ears.  They’ll always run with hype on any team making splash moves - especially in the off season when they need all the material they can get. 

No doubt. I understand that. I wish the educated nfl fan consumer would see through the BS so it would push that kind of crap out of the media market. When the consumer sees it as the trash that it is, the demand for the trash drops, and the demand for legit NFL analysis and discussion increases. It’s too much to ask, but I’ll still live in my dream world!

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

No doubt. I understand that. I wish the educated nfl fan consumer would see through the BS so it would push that kind of crap out of the media market. When the consumer sees it as the trash that it is, the demand for the trash drops, and the demand for legit NFL analysis and discussion increases. It’s too much to ask, but I’ll still live in my dream world!

oh yes

the "educated fan"

LOL

someday we will have our Utopia, reading Plato's Symposium and then watching the game

Seriously LOL

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

oh yes

the "educated fan"

LOL

someday we will have our Utopia, reading Plato's Symposium and then watching the game

Seriously LOL

One day, this world of hot takes will pass away. And, a new, better world will be birthed. So sayeth the Lord!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

One day, this world of hot takes will pass away. And, a new, better world will be birthed. So sayeth the Lord!

You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?

image.png.bdf6e9073da56ae7bcfd342d73c752cd.png

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if the world worked that way?

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if the world worked that way?

i recall at least a dozen sports boards hiving off to have "intelligent discussions"

all turned into a fascist banning machine with the eff word comprising 33% of GDT posts and such....  :(

it's just a game, grab a beer, take the recliner, relax...

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

To be fair, I am not aware of anyone anywhere pining for Kitchens as HC.  (Other than Baker Mayfield)

I don’t recall anybody saying anything about not wanting Kitchens.  

59 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don’t recall anybody saying anything about not wanting Kitchens.  

Kitchens was Dorsey’s pick. Depodesta wanted Stefanski (Vikings OC).  Haslam went with Kitchens in large part because Mayfield liked him and gave him the thumbs up.

22 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

22 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Journalism is dead... and not just the Sports section either. It’s all about the clicks. 

22 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The American consumers appetite for sensationalism over considered thought in all types of news / information is unquenchable. There is just not as many thinkers out there as we would hope. 

• Like (+1) 1