The Browns have self-destructed (Les Propheties by Fergydamus)

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Just a realist.   Do me a favor when the Bills have struggles down the backstretch don't come here once and complain.  

Really?  complain while the team is winning, I never knew that’s how it’s done.....

Go Bills!!!

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Just a realist.   Do me a favor when the Bills have struggles down the backstretch don't come here once and complain.  

I truly hope the Bills play lights out for the rest of the season and blow every opponent out.   However, if I thought that was going to happen I'd be miserable after every loss.  I knew the Bills probably couldnt  beat the Eagles going into last week because of the disparity of both the defensive and offensive lines.   I watched the game and hoped I was wrong, but I wasnt.

Ill send you an invite to the seminar when they lose to the Browns, Ravens, Cowboys, and Patriots.

I agree. Its because everything is based on week to week takes to try feed off of people's emotions.   Its a long season, better to ride the wave.

(1) I think you are mistaking "realist" with "pessimistic," unless, of course, you have some sort of omniscient ability nobody else on earth has.

(2) "Do me a favor when the Bills have struggles down the backstretch don't come here once and complain" - I don't come on here and complain about the Bills, and I certainly never whine...

(3) "I'd be miserable after every loss" - you apparently are miserable anyway

43 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I truly hope the Bills play lights out for the rest of the season and blow every opponent out.   However, if I thought that was going to happen I'd be miserable after every loss.  I knew the Bills probably couldnt  beat the Eagles going into last week because of the disparity of both the defensive and offensive lines.   I watched the game and hoped I was wrong, but I wasnt.

Ill send you an invite to the seminar when they lose to the Browns, Ravens, Cowboys, and Patriots.

I agree. Its because everything is based on week to week takes to try feed off of people's emotions.   Its a long season, better to ride the wave.

Usually when people call themselves "realists" they have no idea what the term means. 

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Usually when people call themselves "realists" they have no idea what the term means. 

I am pretty sure what I outlined in my post was about as close to the definition of realist as you can get.   I look at the game, decide if I think they can win or not.   If I dont think they can win, and they dont, I accept the situation for what it was. 

But I suppose you know me better than I do.

39 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

(1) I think you are mistaking "realist" with "pessimistic," unless, of course, you have some sort of omniscient ability nobody else on earth has.

(2) "Do me a favor when the Bills have struggles down the backstretch don't come here once and complain" - I don't come on here and complain about the Bills, and I certainly never whine...

(3) "I'd be miserable after every loss" - you apparently are miserable anyway

1- I think they Bills will win against the Dolphins, the Jets, Broncos and Steelers.   I think they can beat bad teams, I dont think they can beat good teams, and I dont think they can score enough to beat the Browns.  Again, realist.

2-You may not, but if you look around the board enough I think you can agree its crazy here after a loss.

3- Kind of a jerk thing to say without knowing a thing about me besides my opinion on a football team.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

1- I think they Bills will win against the Dolphins, the Jets, Broncos and Steelers.   I think they can beat bad teams, I dont think they can beat good teams, and I dont think they can score enough to beat the Browns.  Again, realist.

2-You may not, but if you look around the board enough I think you can agree its crazy here after a loss.

3- Kind of a jerk thing to say without knowing a thing about me besides my opinion on a football team.

I said you appear to be miserable anyway. I think it is perfectly reasonable conclusion given the tone of your posts.

It's not like I diagnosed you with a personality disorder...

21 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am pretty sure what I outlined in my post was about as close to the definition of realist as you can get.   I look at the game, decide if I think they can win or not.   If I dont think they can win, and they dont, I accept the situation for what it was. 

But I suppose you know me better than I do.

Believing your argument is supported does not make you a realist. It just means you think your opinions are fair. Describing it as realist to make it sound reasonable is a fallacy. For the record, based on the arguments you’ve made, you’re a pessimist. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Don't come here often? 

Sarcasm often?  ?

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

I said you appear to be miserable anyway. I think it is perfectly reasonable conclusion given the tone of your posts.

It's not like I diagnosed you with a personality disorder...

I think you assigning me as miserable, has more to do with you than it does me.   

I provided an opinion and backed it up with reason, for instance the parts you highlighted:

The Bills are in trouble:   They just lost to a 3-4 team 31-13, and mustered 169 passing yards when the Eagles were giving up over 300 yards a game coming in.   The back half of their schedule includes games against teams with winning records, they havent shown they can beat teams like that, and they havent shown they can win games against bad teams cleanly.

They also cleaned the Ravens clock.  Do the Bills have a win like that yet this year? - The Bills havent beaten a winning team this year. And they are beating bad teams by an average of 5 points.   They dont have a signature win this year.  I

I don't think the Bills are a very good team- The Bills average 19.1 points a game, thats three points under the league average.  If you are less than average, you're not very good.   If you consider their offense ranking for points per game 24th, to their defensive ranking 5th, they come out somewhere around 15th.   A defense that just gave up 31 points at home.    They beat bad teams, and not good teams.  All of this tells me they are not a very good NFL team that is taking advantage of a favorable schedule.

I don't think the Bills will score enough points to keep up with the Browns, Cowboys, Patriots, or Ravens, and they are going to have a hard fight to get into the playoffs:  they are going to have a hard fight to get into the playoffs:  The Bills are currently at 66% chance to make the playoffs.   Cleveland, Baltimore, and Indianapolis all have favorable schedules, and Houston is a better team than the Bills. 

I would have a lot more confidence in a team that didnt struggle to get to 21 points.:  There have been 120 games played in the NFL this year.  19.1 points would have won 18 of them.  

They will lose to Cleveland, Baltimore, Dallas, and New England: Give everything I've outlined above it is my opinion that this is a likely outcome. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Believing your argument is supported does not make you a realist. It just means you think your opinions are fair. Describing it as realist to make it sound reasonable is a fallacy. For the record, based on the arguments you’ve made, you’re a pessimist. 

I don't "believe" my argument is supported.   My argument is supported with facts.  Using those facts, to understand the most likely outcome of a scenario and handling the outcome accordingly is being a realist.

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

No, it pretty much has to do with you.

Lets just hope they beat the friggin Browns and go 11-5.  

55 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Browns score fewer points per game than the Bills and have a lower ranked offense. They have both played 3 teams in the top half of the league in total defense. 

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I don't "believe" my argument is supported.   My argument is supported with facts.  Using those facts, to understand the most likely outcome of a scenario and handling the outcome accordingly is being a realist.

Lets just hope they beat the friggin Browns and go 11-5.  

Your facts say that the Browns won’t go 8-1 because they too only score 19/game. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The Browns score fewer points per game than the Bills and have a lower ranked offense. They have both played 3 teams in the top half of the league in total defense. 

Correct, the Bills score 19.1, and the Browns score 19.1.

And again, the Browns have played the Rams, Patriots, 49ers.   The Browns are scoring as much as the Bills against a harder schedule.  

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Shhhhhh....

May want to check the facts there guy.   The Browns score fewer points by .1 points per game.

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

And again, the Browns have played the Rams, Patriots, 49ers.   The Browns are scoring as much as the Bills against a harder schedule.  

May want to check the facts there guy.   The Browns score fewer points by .1 points per game.

I have nothing against the Browns, i feel bad for their fans- I just don’t see much from them that would give me optimism they they roll off 8 wins and go to the playoffs - either on the stat sheet or watching them play. They could lose to anyone with the play of the QB and the performance of the HC alone. It has nothing to do with the Bills, just my observation of them thus far.  They really need to get it together. Cowherd agrees with you though. I do think they beat Denver.

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

What are you going on about? Both teams have played 3 defenses ranked in the top 11. So what?

BTW, as much as you want them to be, your opinions are not facts. They are merely opinions.

However, it is clear your “facts” lead you to the conclusion this team is not very good, they are not going to win many more games, and they will not make the playoffs. So, why don’t you save yourself the misery and heartache you have convinced yourself is the only thing thing waiting for you as a Bill’s fan and take the rest of the year off?

There is always next year and potential happiness for you...

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I have nothing against the Browns, i feel bad for their fans- I just don’t see much from them that would give me optimism they they roll off 8 wins and go to the playoffs - either on the stat sheet or watching them play. They could lose to anyone with the play of the QB and the performance of the HC alone. It has nothing to do with the Bills, just my observation of them thus far.  They really need to get it together. Cowherd agrees with you though. I do think they beat Denver.

I think their coach was a horrendous hire.    But, I think the team overall is more talented.   Overall I see both teams as average, and if Buffalo had Cleveland's schedule I dont think its unfair to say they would have been 2-5.

That said, if the Bills remaining schedule was Denver, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Miami, Pittsburgh, Cinci, Arizona, Baltimore, Cinci- I imagine a lot of fans here would expect them to be 8-1 or 7-2.